Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 9 May 2006, 01:40 (Ref:1603867)   #1
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone going to qualifying/practice this week?

Well, I graduated from college on saturday and don't have a job yet. I've always wanted to spend fast friday and pole day at the speedway so I decided I'm gonna drive up from Atlanta on Wednesday afternoon and be there for practice on thursday and be there through the gun on sunday, then drive back to my true home (Detroit) and stay there for awhile, possibly permanently.

Anyone else gonna be there?

Anything I HAVE to do while I'm there? This is the first time I've been to Indianapolis since I was 15 and the first time I've been there during the month of May.

Any good bars that come to mind?

I'm gonna have internet in my hotel room so I'll be able to provide updates and any interesting photos I get.
Old 9 May 2006, 04:59 (Ref:1603917)   #2
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Make sure you go visit the mesuem as you will be astounded at the selection that is on display right now. Bars? Seven in Broad Ripple comes to mind, owned by Jermaine O'Neil of the Indiana Pacers. Nice digs and plenty of single ladies to get to know. Of course if yo want a racinf theme bar then you can go to the Speedway Motel ( ust outside turn two for some great food and the coldest beer in town. Tell them that Railbird sent you. They will think they;ve seen a ghost ! At mile marker 4 on I-465, Harding Street exit north is the Classey Chassis. Its a racing themed uhhhhhhhhh gentlemens club ( remember Little Al Unser Jr getting drunk their and backhanding his girlfriend on the way home? Pretty entertaining place ! Go to Union Jacks for dynomite pizza in a racing themed sports bar!
Old 9 May 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1604242)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Owner's suggestions are all good ones....especially the Museum....

Although I can't vouch for the Classy Chassis LOL....I live less than 2 miles from there, but I've never been inside....but I've heard that they pour beers from an old fuel rig...they used to say in their TV commericials "Drink Beer from A.J. Foyt's Gas Tank!"

If you like German food, there is a place downtown called "The Ratskellar" that has excellent food, a great beer selection, and a biergarten outside that is nice and comfortable.

If you go to broad Ripple and want to sample some decent microbrewery beer, the Broad Ripple Brew Pub has good beer as well.

Two restaurants downtown that also have microbreweries are Rock Bottom and Alcatraz...both also have good, brewed-on-site beer and decent food as well.

I'll be at the track on Friday morning with a guest artist who is performing with us (the Indianapolis Symphony) that weekend....he is going to take a ride in one of the "Two-Seaters" and tour the garages, etc.,

I'll only get to see a little bit of practice, though, because this guy has to do some keyboard work before he performs that night.

Saturday, I'll miss "Pole Day" for the first time since 1990

My stupid nephew picked this Saturday to get married...what an idiot!!!

Who in Indy gets married on Pole Day??? I'm not happy about it....

When you're here on Friday, sit in the Tower Terrace area and watch the pit action, etc.,

But on Pole Day, go to Grandstand E in the First Turn and sit up high....

You will see a lot more of the track from there, and still be able to see pit lane for the cars that are coming out to qualify.....BTW...for the Race, Grandstand E, IMO, are the best seats in the house.

Wish I could hook up with you, but my week is way too busy to do so...

Enjoy it...the place is awesome...

One American Open Wheel Series!