Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Jun 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1637474)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2007

With the majority of our party for this years Le Mans 24hrs having just left... it's time to start thinking about the next instalment!

It's a bit early for definite confirmation but it seems at least six of our party will be back next year and I suspect we'll be joined by a few others also. But what about you? Who is going to next year's race? What are your plans and where will you be staying?

Can't wait... the race weekend seem to be getting shorter and shorter and the gap in between getting longer and longer... hmm
Old 19 Jun 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1637489)   #2
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have never been but would love to, how do i do this, whats the first step?
Old 20 Jun 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1637572)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going again next year...think the plan is to stay in LM, maybe use the tram system / get a bike / something.

Should be good!
Old 20 Jun 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1637607)   #4
M3desmo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Surrey, UK
M3desmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 2007

Just got back from my first Le Mans visit and will definitely be going next year (and many more). Probably will stay in Houx campsite as this year - great vibe and friendly people. Will either be joining the TVR boys again or forming a new group with some new Le Mans converts.

A full year to get the planning underway so no time like the present to start!
Old 20 Jun 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1637651)   #5
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For this year, my father and i stupidly thought we could manage without le mans, i just didn't realise how infectious le mans could be. Therefore we WILL be there next year, probably staying at the club motorsport site again, although i'm trying to convince dad staying at the circuit could be more fun
Old 20 Jun 2006, 11:43 (Ref:1637675)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haven't ever gone yet but hopin to make the LONGGG trek from the US sometime within the next few years though. Might take me a few years to get everything lined up but if its half the fun of Road Atlanta here, I'll be there every chance I get.
Old 20 Jun 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1637693)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3desmo
Just got back from my first Le Mans visit and will definitely be going next year (and many more). Probably will stay in Houx campsite as this year - great vibe and friendly people. Will either be joining the TVR boys again or forming a new group with some new Le Mans converts.

A full year to get the planning underway so no time like the present to start!
Hello M3DESMO
Good to hear that you got your tickets from the TVR boys on Wednesday, it was good to meet you on the ferry.

Glad you enjoyed the greatest race on earth see you next year.
Old 20 Jun 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1637699)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh let me think, will I be at 75th running of Le Mans 24 Hours in June 2007 , er yes.
Old 20 Jun 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1637817)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I returned the motorhome this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to hear we will be able to borrow it again next year. Along with a racebox type trailer for our gear. So, for the first time ever, I hope to have a proper camp set up. Suggestions for campground essentials are welcome... I am thinking we'll likely fill the trailer with gas bbq, gazebos, tents, chairs, bikes, firewood, generator, rope and stakes to mark out plot, etc. Any glaring ommisions?

As I am going to plan early, rather than the back end of January as per normal, any tips on when the ACO release the dates and how soon I can book tickets and ferries?
Old 20 Jun 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1637825)   #10
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Any glaring ommisions?
How about toilets with seats!

those portacab grot holes are disgusting!
Old 20 Jun 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1637861)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For starters Craig, you can say hello next time

You didn't mention beer but that should be there somewhere too...
Old 20 Jun 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1637868)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Beer comes from Super U/Auchan/Carrefour so no need to stick that on the list. Though we may need to make space in the trailer on the return for that
Old 20 Jun 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1638028)   #13
Animeishdwarf
Rookie

United States
Pennsylvania
Animeishdwarf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd lop off a limb to be able to go next year...or anytime in the future
Old 20 Jun 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1638083)   #14
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to make absolutely sure this time, after missing it at the last second this year. So I'll say it now - I WILL be at LM '07!!
Old 20 Jun 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1638090)   #15
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyracing
How about toilets with seats!

those portacab grot holes are disgusting!
Ah yes, the French "holes"....

Officially christened by the Ten Tenths Le Mans 2006 Arnage Division as

TRAUMA HOLES

And on that note, one thing to add to the list Craig - a bigger bog!

I'm sure I'll be back at Le Mans in 2007 - just not sure how I'll be doing it - 3 times so far and 3 different groups/places... might make it a 4th different approach just to try out all the alternatives. A hotel room with an ensuite with a real shower and a loo with a seat would be nice...
Old 20 Jun 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1638091)   #16
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh by the way, one more thing to add to the list - a car! (or two!)
Old 21 Jun 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1638360)   #17
Suze
Veteran

England
It is nice Garc...I think you appreciate it most (or I did) when we got back on Sunday night
Old 22 Jun 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1638735)   #18
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's quite possible I'll be there again...

Is there anywhere in LM you can hire a bike, or even a scooter for a reasonable price? Would make it easier to get to certain places, but I can't really fit one into my car, without taking everything else out!
Old 22 Jun 2006, 05:48 (Ref:1638806)   #19
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeishdwarf
I'd lop off a limb to be able to go next year...or anytime in the future
I know the quote above was written in jest ................

.................. but after having been disabled in motorsport when I lost my leg against a Lotus F1 car at Goodwood in 2000, this year I was able to MARSHAL at the race, flagging from post 106 (on the straight from Arnage to Porsche)!!!!

And will I be back there for next year? You betcha!!!!!!!!!

Steve
Old 22 Jun 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1638989)   #20
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Top work Steve!

Met bodysnatcher over the weekend - I believe he was on your post.

I was at Arnage. Probably for another thread, but... any thoughts on the ... er ... adventurousness of the marshals at Arnage clearing up that oil spill on Saturday?!?!
Old 22 Jun 2006, 11:03 (Ref:1638994)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Mike - things it's cheaper to buy a bike than hire.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1639085)   #22
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh go on then... i'll be there if i must
Can't wait for my 19th visit.
I am in post-LM depression... - & will be for several months.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1639453)   #23
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will definitely will be there next year.
This year was my first time there. I decided to go at the last minute, so I just packed a couple of pairs of shorts and shirts, camera, and not much else. Did not even need to book a plane ticket since I enjoy certain previleges at Continental Airlines. hehehe
I left on Friday night out of Newark, got to CDG at about 11:30, got on the TGV at about 13: something and was at Le Mans shortly after 15:00.
I was a bit lost when I got there, but thanks the the info I got from this and other sites, I managed to navigate the area alright.
I was at the Dunlop at the start, and mainly stayed between Tetre Rouge and Arnage for the whole race.
Considering there was no planning, it went pretty well! Besides, one could never plan for for pick-pockets, although he was not so lucky (I should have pop him a good one, but I was alone in an unfamiliar territory).

Next year, I will be going from Portugal (I will move back there forever in less than two weeks), and will try to get some friends to go along. And this time, a grill, beach chairs, towels, REAL SENSIBLE beer, good old Portuguese food, video camera, possibly some scaffolding (for those exclusive views), etc...

And, hopefully, Aston/Pedro Lamy will take it next year! :-)
Old 23 Jun 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1639789)   #24
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you had a good time and welcome to the forum.
Sounds like serious plans are already being thought about for next year
Good work on the "get up and go" visit this year!
Old 23 Jun 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1639800)   #25
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
I am in post-LM depression... - & will be for several months.
I have been there only once and I already know how that feels. hehehe