Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Apr 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3234362)   #326
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Mad Hatter was sporting a particularly fine 'chapeau'
Attached Thumbnails
P1000644.jpg  
Old 15 Apr 2013, 05:46 (Ref:3234365)   #327
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Great day yesterday - pleased to seen the great last 30 mins from Mc Nish - I hope this signals that they have improved their visibility problem which seemed to affect McNish especially in the R18 for the last 2 years.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3234380)   #328
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
on a side note the Rebellion's sounded fan-bloody-tastic.
Glad someone else noticed - I was going to say that the Rebellion and Toyota cars sounded like racing cars, as of course did the Astons and the Corvette.....
Old 15 Apr 2013, 07:04 (Ref:3234384)   #329
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Bull View Post
Glad someone else noticed - I was going to say that the Rebellion and Toyota cars sounded like racing cars, as of course did the Astons and the Corvette.....
I found the Rebellions sounding rather like the old Honda 3.5 V8 that was in the Dallara IRL03 (not a bad thing for me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...9wlhZFc#t=258s

They also seemed to be rather louder than the other LMP1 cars!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 07:17 (Ref:3234389)   #330
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day out yesterday, nice to see lots of friendly faces and of course the cars!

Some great opportunities to get up close trackside without the crowding of the 24 hour. Managed to get some pictures of cars!

The weather managed to stay reasonable too apart from when we decided to trek to the paddock and the heavens opened!

Definitely an event we will head back to!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3234392)   #331
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
I found the Rebellions sounding rather like the old Honda 3.5 V8 that was in the Dallara IRL03 (not a bad thing for me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...9wlhZFc#t=258s

They're making good (relative lmp1) power aren't they? I'm thinking there's some minor adjustments made to the Toyota engines from last season.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3234401)   #332
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The Mad Hatter was sporting a particularly fine 'chapeau'
Hey did I give you permission to take that, but would say the wind did mean that it blew off a few times and I ended up carrying the ruddy thing as much as wearing it
Old 15 Apr 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3234403)   #333
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see everyone again.

I still think Silverstone is a rather soulless track, and they really need to build a bridge or tunnel across the pit-straight to the 'Wing' rather than running an expensive to provide bus service.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3234412)   #334
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Never used the buses before yesterday but found them very good and the views of the track from the top deck was really good
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:00 (Ref:3234415)   #335
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Forgot to say the race was good in places and a little quiet at others, but the last 15 minutes was brilliant, The Audi's fighting for the win with not ruddy team orders (my thanks to Audi for allowing that) and then the scrap for 2nd/3rd in GT am brilliant end that kept me interested right to the end.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3234418)   #336
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I heard that 8star are protesting the pass that Larbre Corvette made for the GT Am 2nd placing at the end of the race. Anyone care to fill me in on what actually happened as I missed most of the race.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3234422)   #337
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
There was a slight touch that was enough to fold the 8Star bumper into the wheel arch. Caused a puncture after about half a lap.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:10 (Ref:3234423)   #338
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I heard that 8star are protesting the pass that Larbre Corvette made for the GT Am 2nd placing at the end of the race. Anyone care to fill me in on what actually happened as I missed most of the race.
Larbre Vette tried a move going into Club and bumped the 8Star Ferrari from the rear, folded the rear bumper onto the rear-left tire which caused the tire to rub against the bodywork and then fail.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3234424)   #339
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post

Two things i noticed with them was:

1) They were pulling 4th all the way from the apex of Stowe to Club. Everyone else was upshifting.

2) The car had a really weird wobble through Copse. Like it was very soft of roll at the back. The car seemed stable, but the bodywork (wing and fin) visibly moved back and forth.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:13 (Ref:3234425)   #340
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Well I can understand them trying but the Larbre car was faster and deserved to get past a racing incident which although unfortunate should not have detracted from the battle in the last 30 minutes which kept people interested when usually the race is getting boring by that point
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3234426)   #341
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
There was a slight touch that was enough to fold the 8Star bumper into the wheel arch. Caused a puncture after about half a lap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Larbre Vette tried a move going into Club and bumped the 8Star Ferrari from the rear, folded the rear bumper onto the rear-left tire which caused the tire to rub against the bodywork and then fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well I can understand them trying but the Larbre car was faster and deserved to get past a racing incident which although unfortunate should not have detracted from the battle in the last 30 minutes which kept people interested when usually the race is getting boring by that point
Thanks guys, I watched the 8star race vblog and they mentioned the incident several times, didnt seem happy about it but didnt mention a post race protest.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3234440)   #342
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
2) The car had a really weird wobble through Copse. Like it was very soft of roll at the back. The car seemed stable, but the bodywork (wing and fin) visibly moved back and forth.
I noticed this too. The whole rear deck looked loose to me. But it seemed to be on both cars and not just at Copse too. Will look back at my pictures today and see if I can find anything.

Was interesting to listen to the new Audi. Down the straight it wasn't just a whoooossshhh any more there was almost a scratchy undertone.

And I'll add my name to the disappointed people regarding the 458 sound. Particularly in the ELMS watching qualifying you really couldn't hear them. Not sure if they were running something different, but it was almost hard to watch.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3234467)   #343
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I noticed this too. The whole rear deck looked loose to me. But it seemed to be on both cars and not just at Copse too.
I thought it was particularly noticeable out of Club as they turned on to the pit straight. Was it the bumps or the lateral pressures the wing and rear bodywork are subjected to under cornering? Maybe a combination of the two....either way, at least nothing fell off!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3234483)   #344
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not had chance to look back at the coverage yet but what we people's thoughts on the Strakka shunt?

It happened right in front of us. Had one of those time slows down moments where I went for the camera as you could see him about to hit the Gerber car! Aaargh was about a second too late but my immediate thought was that Leventis was at fault.

At the end of the day that car is always going to struggle without three pros. Second time I've witnessed Leventis wreck his car. The other was in qualy at LM in 2011. That said they had a bad weekend all round. The car looked undriveable in qualifying.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3234497)   #345
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Im kinda surprised they didn't get a penalty for that move .
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3234498)   #346
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Strakka ..... seemed to me Liventus got over the curb onto the grass , lost the end and then was a passanger ..... sadly the Ferrari was in the wrong place at the wrong time .
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3234499)   #347
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Strakka ..... seemed to me Liventus got over the curb onto the grass , lost the end and then was a passanger ..... sadly the Ferrari was in the wrong place at the wrong time .
I was watching it on the big screen near the paddock as it happened and then the several repeats and that just about sums it up, he made a mistake.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3234515)   #348
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In my opinion, it was avoidable. And ruined a great battle.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3234533)   #349
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im kinda surprised they didn't get a penalty for that move .
I believe 8 Star are now protesting the move .
Old 15 Apr 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3234534)   #350
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Irrespective of apparent touring car tactics at the end there, nice to see the 'vette finishing so well - in the (very) early stages I was afraid it was just going to be lumbering around at the back.