Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jun 2003, 21:50 (Ref:621153)   #926
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Time to prove your signature wrong methinks....
Old 4 Jun 2003, 21:53 (Ref:621160)   #927
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We shall see, after finding a second from god only knows where at Zandvoort yesturday anything is possible!
Old 4 Jun 2003, 22:18 (Ref:621201)   #928
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey, how is it i was doing 24.8s in the BRM at Kyalami, then out of nowhere, with damaged steering, a 23.46!
Old 4 Jun 2003, 22:21 (Ref:621207)   #929
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Tell me about it!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 06:53 (Ref:621443)   #930
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I also nicked (just) your Ferrari time at the Glen as well.......
Old 5 Jun 2003, 06:55 (Ref:621444)   #931
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know why, but the Eagle seems just sooooo good at Spa now. The lap I did for the new pb (finally), I didn't expect to be that fast - I wasn't particularly clean through Masta for sure. Its amazing isn't it - for weeks I was stuck on 3m23 (a while ago now) and thought you had to be alien to get under 3m20. Now I'm 7 seconds faster expecting to go even quicker.....
Old 5 Jun 2003, 06:56 (Ref:621447)   #932
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Hey, how is it i was doing 24.8s in the BRM at Kyalami, then out of nowhere, with damaged steering, a 23.46!
There are those who say that the BRM at Kyalami is the hardest negative to get. I really struggle there - I've only got the Lotus, Ferrari and Eagle negative. The only other place where I am limited to just 3 negatives is the Ring (and I'm working on that..... )
Old 5 Jun 2003, 07:03 (Ref:621450)   #933
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Really. I would have rated Mosport as harder. But that's because i hate that track, for being so damn difficult.

Then i read a depressing guide to the lap, where this guy was claiming that he didn't use the brakes for T4....
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:04 (Ref:621744)   #934
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
T4..... the long downhill lefthander before the hard right-hander? You don't need to do any more than dab the brakes there at the most just to pull the nose of the car in to the left.....
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:14 (Ref:621860)   #935
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Funny, i crash if i don't come down a gear. that's how hard i brake....
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:36 (Ref:622064)   #936
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I really enjoy Mosport, T4 is a great one.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 18:21 (Ref:622089)   #937
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I can't stand any tracks i frequently crash on. Been doing mostly BRM running recently though.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 18:26 (Ref:622093)   #938
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Success at Mosport is very much based around your ability with the throttle. You've got to adjust the power mid corner and learn how to hold at half power then slowly feed it in. As you have only recently got the wheel and peddles you're still learning that stuff but it'll come with time.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 19:14 (Ref:622137)   #939
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mosport and Zandvoort are very special challenges in GPL, very much like Damon said - it's all dependent on throttle control, something i can do a little - but not fully because my pedals are cruddy and the calibration is let's say; extremely changeable!

im frustrated, my pace has eluded me. i did a run at Spa and thought i'd really nailed a lap and found out it was only a 3m19 lap in the Eagle ...i cut my losses at nailed a lap at the Ring' in the Ferrari and found out it was only a 8m24...i don't understand how a week or so ago i was totally nailing every track i raced on - and now im nailing them again - but without the times :confused:

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 5 Jun 2003, 19:57 (Ref:622171)   #940
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Success at Mosport is very much based around your ability with the throttle. You've got to adjust the power mid corner and learn how to hold at half power then slowly feed it in. As you have only recently got the wheel and peddles you're still learning that stuff but it'll come with time.
i've had a wheel for 2 years!

NJ, overdoing it a bit perhaps?

I'd say i have a decent wheel, but i'm not totally inept with my throttle control. I have done a 24 at Mosport, and if i stop braking sooo much at T4, and then getting the last three turns right i'm there.

BUT. Next time i go there i will be in the BRM. I'm in BRM mode atm. Not driving anything else!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 21:20 (Ref:622279)   #941
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Even quicker at Spa tonight - 3m15.809.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 21:30 (Ref:622289)   #942
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
one word Ayse...unmentionable on a family forum

well done mate!!!...i've gotta find me 2 seconds from somewhere...

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 5 Jun 2003, 22:17 (Ref:622345)   #943
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Me gotta find 5 seconds to be even as fast as you NJ.

Quite pleased that i managed a 3m25.35 in the Ferrari recently. the encouraging thing bout that was, i was only just scraping 194mph up to Masta, whereas in the eagle i was hitting 196/197mph. And i had nowhere near the confidence i had when i set my PB through Masta (i couldn't take it flat, but i was close, a small lift), i was braking quite hard there. And i made a total pig's ear of Stavelot (too fast in, way, way too wide out (The Hedge Of Doom could have reached out and tapped me on the shoulder if it had wanted to)
Old 5 Jun 2003, 22:51 (Ref:622370)   #944
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Dang it Ayse! Right, Spa it is this weekend, I'm determined now.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 07:02 (Ref:622547)   #945
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The one that's getting me is the Coop at Spa. I did a 3m21 weeks ago, but I can't seem to get under 3m22 now. But really, it's now Kyalami and the Ring for me. A few improvements there and -30 won't be too far away.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 15:06 (Ref:622978)   #946
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
OK, i gave up on the BRM. Final PB at Kyalami set at 1m22.70, Monaco 1m33.98, Blue Mountain 1m15.64

But, then i went to the Honda, for a quick race at Blue Mountain, pole set by me, 0.56s clear, at 1m13.73
Old 6 Jun 2003, 20:58 (Ref:623237)   #947
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
59th negative for me, and a rather good one at that, I think - Honda at Mosport - 1m22.470 which beats all my cars there except the Lotus.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 6 Jun 2003 at 20:58.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 21:17 (Ref:623256)   #948
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well doon.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 22:06 (Ref:623328)   #949
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I also managed to get both the Honda and the BRM under the 2m milestone at Rouen.
Old 6 Jun 2003, 23:13 (Ref:623404)   #950
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BRM under 2m at Rouen!? blimey
Closed Thread