Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jul 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1360193)   #26
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Have you had any answer from them Fab?

Email me with the details - because of what I do, I can sometimes make useful representations in things like this.
I pm'ed you
Old 21 Jul 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1360275)   #27
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a strange problem with one item from Duke (really strange, not the fault of Duke or myself btw!). They were quick to reply to my concerned mails and after a month or so, everything was ok. After that I've bought other items (including the speedmerchants book and vhs) and I found it great (they take a while though...).

BTW, I normally buy from Amazon.co.uk .Once I had a problem with a DVD (the shop I bought it from Amazon forgot or something). I reached Amazon for a solution, et voilĂ*, 2 days later I got a full refund.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1360685)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Better late than never...

I had it ! Arrived today in the mail box, and took... two days to come (with a word of apology for the delay)... seems that my order was forgotten somewhere, but the story has a good ending, anyway...

I have to watch it now !

Thanks for your concern, mates !
Old 22 Jul 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1360877)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good news!

And do you like the DVD?
Old 22 Jul 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1360879)   #30
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good news fab, enjoy the DVD!
Old 22 Jul 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1360907)   #31
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Good news!

And do you like the DVD?
Not seen yet Don't worry, after this adventure, i'll post my comments !
Old 22 Jul 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1360932)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Watching it now... and it's just.. WOW !

Helps to realize what "danger" means... cars were stopped on the track when they had problems... including in the chicanes ! The track was tiny, no gravel beds, just a small sand banking on the sides... and let's not talk about "holding the road"...

How the track changed too ! There's houses and trees everywhere now, when there was empty places...

And historical 'candy'... don't miss it !
Old 22 Jul 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1360949)   #33
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The second film (A year to remember) is good, but gives too much space to John Wyer's talks (even not show the LM race!)... the Daytona race shows one of the most impressive images I've ever seen : the 917 chasing the GT40 on the banking, mixing the roofed cars and the open top ones (Matras)...

More like a JW Engineering promotion movie this one...
Old 22 Jul 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1360961)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're right Fab. I much prefer the first film, although its quite entertaining to listen to Siffert and Rodriguez trying to sound as natural as possible in the second one!
Old 23 Jul 2005, 04:29 (Ref:1361203)   #35
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
its quite entertaining to listen to Siffert and Rodriguez trying to sound as natural as possible in the second one!
They're straight as sticks, dressed up on nines !

The poor lads didn't know then that they had only less than twelve months left to live
Old 23 Jul 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1361360)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, and how sad is that?
Old 25 Jul 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1362605)   #37
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
The second film has some great moments, the stunning car control at the soaking Brands Hatch 1000kms, the famous door-banger between Rodriguez and Siffert going in to Eau Rouge and the Daytona banking shots which Fab describes. You can really see how much power those 917s had and what skill it took to drive one quickly.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1362963)   #38
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just the Eau Rouge bit makes it worth it... I agree with AllonFS. The 917s in the Daytona oval and the speed differential are also impressive!