Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Nov 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3166778)   #251
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Just had a better look at my Uni calendar and it seems I have a window of opportunity... right on the Le Mans race weekend. I'm seriously considering coming to LM now.
Do it!
Old 15 Nov 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3166840)   #252
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Just had a better look at my Uni calendar and it seems I have a window of opportunity... right on the Le Mans race weekend. I'm seriously considering coming to LM now.
Why only considering,? what else our you going to do that weekend
Old 16 Nov 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3166978)   #253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That WEEK even!
Old 16 Nov 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3166990)   #254
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That WEEK even!
Exams up to June 19, so only the race weekend would be free.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3167144)   #255
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Right then if you head out on the friday you will be there in time for the ten tenthd meeting on saturday and the race perfect weekend in everyway
Old 16 Nov 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3167183)   #256
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Right then if you head out on the friday you will be there in time for the ten tenthd meeting on saturday and the race perfect weekend in everyway
100% agree!
Old 17 Nov 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3167477)   #257
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be good to meet you Victor hope you can make it. Although I'm guessing it's not as simple for you to get there as it is for us Brits to hop across the Channel.

As has been said many times, if you do come prepare to keep coming back.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3167500)   #258
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
It won't be as simple, but it's (theoretically) simple enough. There are direct flights from Cluj-Napoca to Paris 3 or 4 times a week, then... public transport (buses or whatever) into Paris, TGV from Paris to Le Mans, and tram to the track. The only issue would be returning from Le Mans to Paris in time for a Monday morning flight back home. It would probably involve spending Sunday night in an airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
As has been said many times, if you do come prepare to keep coming back.
Yes, I do realize that and I'm relishing the prospect.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3167545)   #259
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It won't be as simple, but it's (theoretically) simple enough. There are direct flights from Cluj-Napoca to Paris 3 or 4 times a week, then... public transport (buses or whatever) into Paris, TGV from Paris to Le Mans, and tram to the track. The only issue would be returning from Le Mans to Paris in time for a Monday morning flight back home. It would probably involve spending Sunday night in an airport.
This year I discovered that you can fly into CDG and take the TGV to Le Mans directly from the airport. Then the tram from the train station to Antares. You may be able to book that end of the trip now. What you will have to wait to do is to book the Le Mans-CDG leg at the end -- they only release the tickets 3 months in advance. To the DAY. So figure out when 90 days is to the Sunday and have the train site on Favourites. Yes, you may end up sleeping in CDG. By then you will be so tired it won't matter!
keke
Old 17 Nov 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3167547)   #260
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
This year I discovered that you can fly into CDG and take the TGV to Le Mans directly from the airport. Then the tram from the train station to Antares. You may be able to book that end of the trip now. What you will have to wait to do is to book the Le Mans-CDG leg at the end -- they only release the tickets 3 months in advance. To the DAY. So figure out when 90 days is to the Sunday and have the train site on Favourites. Yes, you may end up sleeping in CDG. By then you will be so tired it won't matter!
keke
It's a low-cost airline though, so it doesn't fly into CDG, it flies into Beauvais (which is about 80 km north of Paris). Currently planning to fly in on Thursday morning.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3167548)   #261
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what I did 2 years ago was sleep 3 hours in a Paris hotel and get the first metro to Porte Maillot but the shuttle didn't leave on time so had to waste some time that would've been better spent sleeping
but i think flying to CDG is actually better . even cost effective
you can always join our party . them more the merrier

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Nov 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3167648)   #262
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
It's worth bearing in mind that while you can pick up the TGV at CDG (which is undeniably convenient), it then runs at distinctly non grande vitesse speeds around the outskirts of Paris before picking up speed once it gets west of the city. Once you couple that with the slightly less frequent service from CDG then the time based cost of flying into somewhere like Beauvais may not be so bad.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3167764)   #263
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post

Now there's an offer Victor!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3167795)   #264
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
When are you guys generally heading out to Le Mans? If it's any time earlier than Thursday, I won't be able to join you unfortunately.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3167823)   #265
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
last year we arrived on Friday .. but this year will be earlier for sure

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Nov 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3167979)   #266
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe people have seen this but 1949-65 has been announced again as the support act.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-14491.html

No surprise there. I've got plenty of respect for these cars, the people who run them and the history they represent. That said when I saw them last year they didn't really set my world alight.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3169072)   #267
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be nice to meet you Victor, having spoken to you across two different internet forums.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3169392)   #268
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Got the go-ahead from my bachelor thesis tutors to take those days off, got another friend to agree to come along with me, should make the booking through Travel Destinations this week.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3169394)   #269
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Got the go-ahead from my bachelor thesis tutors to take those days off, got another friend to agree to come along with me, should make the booking through Travel Destinations this week.
Hurray!
Looking forward to meeting you Victor!
Old 21 Nov 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3169396)   #270
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Looking forward to meeting you Victor!
Same here, looking forward to meeting you all.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3169508)   #271
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well it looks like we may have a good number of Romanians at the saturday meet this year, now if they all bring some of special juice that Dani brought the other year we will have a great time and a bad hangover will be great to meet you all
Old 21 Nov 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3169564)   #272
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well it looks like we may have a good number of Romanians at the saturday meet this year, now if they all bring some of special juice that Dani brought the other year we will have a great time and a bad hangover will be great to meet you all
Trust me, the Transylvanian variant is far stronger and leaves you with a far bigger hangover. That's why I'm not sure it's actually allowed (in theory) on a plane.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3169600)   #273
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
where do you think i got mine?
Bistrita :P
and I recommend you forget about Travel Destinations. book individually the camping and then plane/train or automobile
my invitation is still on . i'm about to ask ACO for camping

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Nov 2012, 05:20 (Ref:3169699)   #274
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
and I recommend you forget about Travel Destinations. book individually the camping and then plane/train or automobile
my invitation is still on . i'm about to ask ACO for camping
It's more a matter of two things: me being a first-timer and TD's campsite at the Porsche Curves. And I'm sorry, I won't be able to take your invitation, with the state of our public transport it would probably take longer to come to Bucharest than it would to go directly from here to the circuit. Maybe the following year when I may afford a more flexible schedule.

I will be attending the Ten-Tenths meetup though.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 22 Nov 2012 at 05:27.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3169724)   #275
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Excellent news Victor - it'll be good to meet you! Remember, you have to plan the entire event around the Ten Tenths meeting!