Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 19 Jul 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2729017)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chapman Park

Here's my latest attempt in Sketchup, two circuits that combine to form a long course. It has three pit lanes, one for the long course and one for each of the two shorter ones. You could easily get by with two though. The north pit lane is like the Monaco one, separated by the garages from the circuit.

Long course

3899m long and clockwise, the Long Course at Chapman Park features a blend of medium speed straights, chicanes and hairpins with three long right handers added to the mix. The circuit uses the south pit lane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chapman Park satellite.png
Views:	25
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	27977

West course

1548m long, but runs anticlockwise due to the sweeper that would have had the pit wall on the outside. The gravel traps are designed for this. This reversal creates a unique challenge - a tightening left hander that turns in to a right. Uses the west pit lane.

Name:	Chapman Park West heli.png
Views:	4
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	27978

East course

2318m circuit with faster corners and the final chicane complex of the main circuit. Runs clockwise and uses the east pit lane.

Name:	Chapman Park East heli.png
Views:	6
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	27976
Old 19 Jul 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2729069)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
The two smaller tracks are, hmm, 'cute' lmao Nah they're genuinely good little tracks that could create some good club racing, i'm sure.

My gripe with the long track is that it's just too plain. I quite like the idea of resorting to having less corners, cos less is sometimes more (look at the old Silverstone, for example). But the choice of corners are a bit questionable. I understand having a couple of tight hairpins, as ultimately these are good for overtaking be it in a club car, touring car, or F1. But the chicanes just break up the flow too much for my personal liking. Keep one chicane, perhaps the final one, and maybe look at eradicating that first one and having a quick sequence of bends in place of it? Could really make a huge difference. But it's entirely up to you

Selby
Old 19 Jul 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2729075)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Here's a really quick "i'm at work so this is really basic" version of what i'd personally do:

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
crude.jpg  
Old 19 Jul 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2729204)   #4
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First track that comes to mind with the East Circuit is Snetterton.

I like it apart from the pit exit of the East Circuit, which I think exits onto the racing line (I think - correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm a little confused by the number of pits !)

Still, do like it, number of possible variations is always a bonus