Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Aug 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1388073)   #26
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great shame for Williams - they were looking a little better at least.

Schumacher said that he saw him go to the right, and then didn't see him anymore - why a guy of his experience didn't realise that was because he was then to left (having dummied to the right), and alongside I am at a loss to know - maybe Michael just didn't particularly care. Webber put some good moves on quite few people - this one was excellent too, and it was not his fault at all that schumacher just plain didn't see him (by Schumacher's own admission).
Old 22 Aug 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1388080)   #27
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprisingly Webber still got the 12th best time of the race, inbetween 2 tyre punctures and subsequent fuel top ups. Im certain they fueled him up well past half distance with that first failure. A good result couldve carried alot of momentum into Monza, although now the team has to start from the back, on a high speed circuit whilst struggling with high drag.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1388097)   #28
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect Minardi to out race a few people at Monza. That thing is a bullet in a straight line. Look out Williams.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1388306)   #29
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Surprisingly Webber still got the 12th best time of the race, inbetween 2 tyre punctures and subsequent fuel top ups. Im certain they fueled him up well past half distance with that first failure. A good result couldve carried alot of momentum into Monza, although now the team has to start from the back, on a high speed circuit whilst struggling with high drag.
If they did fuel him when he came in for the replacement tyre, they broke the rules, so that's unlikely.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1388346)   #30
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
In the interview later in the race Schumacher said he lost sight of Webber. Hmm, maybe that was because he was no longer behind him! I suppose Schuey has not had a lot of practice at being overtaken in recent times though

That sounds oddly familiar. Didn't he say the same thing when he ran Nick off the road earlier this year? Maybe it's a mirror-malfunction or maybe the Williams cars are hard to see.....
Old 22 Aug 2005, 16:21 (Ref:1388518)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too busy watching his rear tyres with his fangled mirror methinks!
Old 23 Aug 2005, 02:38 (Ref:1388858)   #32
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would not be surprised if Mark & Nick were eager to continue despite the risk of further punctures, the track seems to have miles of run-off everywhere and no doubt they were attuned to the feeling of the tyre deflating and would pick it up quickly.