Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 2 Apr 2002, 14:45 (Ref:249958)   #1
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pit Boards

we need one!
where can i buy one from cheaply?
they all seem very expensive!

where did you buy from?
can i buy just the numbers?
Old 2 Apr 2002, 19:50 (Ref:250224)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did my first race with pit board signalling. It was extremely useful. I had a driver change so we could have a lap counter and an "IN" signal. The lap times are useful even though they are a lap out of date. It's surprising how much it can help.

The only problem was when my mate forgot to hang it out on my last lap in practice! It made me think I shouldn't have come round again and that I had took the chequered twice! Luckily I hadn't!

We were quite lucky and picked one up that was advertised in the local Ad-mag. You could perhaps find a second hand one, otherwise I fear it's going to be £70(ish) from Demon Tweaks. Although DT do sell just the numbers as well.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 20:32 (Ref:250280)   #3
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I made one. Extruded aluminium channel welded into a frame. Then just bought the numbers from DT for @ £15.
My mate made his from wood.
Old 3 Apr 2002, 03:30 (Ref:250528)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I made four from a piece of blackboard and some cupboard handles. Total cost around $5 each.
Old 3 Apr 2002, 04:24 (Ref:250554)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
David- Next time you're out there racing at QR, have a pair of earphones into your helmet, and plug into into an FM walkman. You'll look much more professional than everyone else, plus you'll be able hear all of the nice things we say about you
Old 3 Apr 2002, 10:58 (Ref:250769)   #6
Simon Pullan
Racer

Simon Pullan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I made my first one too. We used a blackboard too. Just chopped the legs of and there it was. Then we bought three rails from B and Q and the numbers from Demon Tweeks. The envy of the Lo-Cost field we were.
Old 3 Apr 2002, 22:13 (Ref:251364)   #7
Steve Hart
Rookie

Steve Hart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you're interested I've got a complete set of numbers from D.Tweeks which I don't need - bought them a few years ago & never used them....none of my "pit crew" (one or two mates & my Dad) could ever be bothered to load it up....then I lost the board anyway, so I bought an in-car timer which seems to work ok for me.

Anyway, if an orange-on-white Corsa Sport 35-piece set appeals, they're yours for the price of a couple of pints (+ P&P of course)! e-mail me.....

Steve
Old 3 Apr 2002, 22:30 (Ref:251377)   #8
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sold!