Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 13 Aug 2000, 15:01 (Ref:30159)   #1
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I 'spose this is the best place to put this...

I went to the FoT today.

The heavens decided to open after about 2 months of solid sunny wevver. Put a slight dampener on things. Was blisteringly hot yesterday so why didn't I go then?! Oh well... could still take pics... just.

Many, many classic cars - Riley, Austin, Rolls, Humber, Sunbeam, Gilbern, Ginetta, Morgan, Reliant, Triumph, Hillman, Alvis, Lanchester, Wolseley, Mini Cooper S (yay), Jaguar, Morris, Rover, some American behemoths, MG, ... and I snapped most of the buggers. Plus armoured cars, tanks, steam engines, etc, etc.

Oh, and of course, TVR with no less than 3 Tuscan V6's - and I thought they were quite rare!

Pics soon.

Took quite a few pics of car badges. Looked pretty good with the rain droplets everywhere.

So... anyone else go?
Old 14 Aug 2000, 11:24 (Ref:30403)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 months of solid sunny weather!!!! Wbich part of the world do you live in???

Sounded pretty good though...

I was getting wet at Thruxton - not a bad meeting, although Vicki Butler Henderson managed not to crash at our post... boo hiss..

Looking forward to pics..
Old 14 Aug 2000, 11:35 (Ref:30408)   #3
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

North Dorset, three miles south of Yeovil...

Right now it's alternately cloudy and sunny but it's still TOO DAMN HOT. We really needed that rain yesterday. Otherwise we haven't really had rain for at least 2 months - well, I lie... about 3 weeks ago we had a shower lasting 10 minutes.

Come to sunny Dorset and burn your arse off.

I did notice that it rained on the day when the baleing (baling?) of the orchards was meant to happen so that's good - I had longer at FoT.

Took the pics in today - should have them in the next few days. There's still one film in the camera - should have finished it off