Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1521235)   #1
chrisj^^
Rookie

chrisj^^ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans for beginners...

Hey guys.

A mate and I are planning to go down to le mans this year (we live just south of london) and have been taking a look around but we're getting a bit confused with everything and wondered if you could answer a few questions for us.

First, we're going for "student" tickets but I read somewhere (I think on this site) that you could only get them on the day. Is this true? Also, what counts as a student card?

Second, we're trying to camp down there. We originally thought we would either go for Chapelle (because its cheap and close to everything) or Houx (because it's nice). However, everything we read seems to say that you need to book up to a year in advance. Do you think we would still be able to get either of these/any camping at all? If so which do you think would be the best of these to go to (this is bearing in mind of course that we are students (read skint) so money is an object).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1521241)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chris - may also be a good idea to post this in trackside (another part of forum to do with meeting up at events / going to them etc).
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1521262)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A "link"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj^^
Hey guys.

A mate and I are planning to go down to le mans this year (we live just south of london) and have been taking a look around but we're getting a bit confused with everything and wondered if you could answer a few questions for us. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys
Start at Club Arnage then see my posting at Marshal's Post . Course maps at CA are better than the one at MP.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1521288)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is also a good Le Mans forum on the Pistonheads.com site.

The one piece of advice I will offer from 10yrs of attending, is that the only campsite that I'd not want to stay at is the Chapelle one. As that is so close to the action that people will be trampling your tent for the whole week and you'll not get a moment's peace.

For the best value tickets (ie. not from robdog agencies) speak to the organiser ( http://www.lemans.org ) and see what's left, until recently in was only Beausejour and Bleu Nord campsites, which are both good. You can then ask about student tickets too.