Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 2020, 14:47 (Ref:3981160)   #351
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Free practice should have started 30 mins ago and Eurosport should be on this house instead daughter number 1 is watching some rubbish on CBBC.....
Yes but actually the circuit is under r........

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10 Jun 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3981174)   #352
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Yes but actually the circuit is under r........

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
I'd be willing to deal with that right about now.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3981201)   #353
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 20:01 (Ref:3981209)   #354
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This time last year I was in the middle of my first night running session. What a disappointment not being there again
Old 10 Jun 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3981212)   #355
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given the news about the 24H Moto last week (runs at end August / closed doors) one suspects it won't be too long.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3981300)   #356
pinkdigital
Rookie

pinkdigital should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am expecting an announcement Sunday afternoon, after the virtual event.

Perhaps as an ACO members only event(?)
Old 11 Jun 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3981365)   #357
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know, there are a lot of members....
Old 18 Jun 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3982567)   #358
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the last 20 mins, the ACO have put out a new timetable for race week and a new entry list - https://www.lemans.org/en/news/2020-...petition/53950 - all positive signs IMO
Old 18 Jun 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3982570)   #359
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We can also read : "More details concerning spectator access and what will be on offer for them will be provided on 30 June."
Old 18 Jun 2020, 08:51 (Ref:3982571)   #360
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes very positive message i think, let us hope that we will all be there to watch. If i am allowed i will be there for certain
Old 18 Jun 2020, 09:12 (Ref:3982573)   #361
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
June 30 is going to decide a lot then it seems. Compacted schedule makes a lot of sense this year.

Hopefully the announcement is around social measures - e.g. grandstand limits, one-way systems, masks etc. But my gut feeling is there will be some limits imposed on numbers somehow.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3982574)   #362
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
June 30 is going to decide a lot then it seems. Compacted schedule makes a lot of sense this year.

Hopefully the announcement is around social measures - e.g. grandstand limits, one-way systems, masks etc. But my gut feeling is there will be some limits imposed on numbers somehow.
Agreed.
It sounds unfeasible that they will allow hundreds of thousands in there, when it as already proven that "smaller" crowds are already an issue.
The "Black lifes matter" gatherings here in Denmark have had positive COVID-19 test persons in the crowd, resulting in a potential spread to multiple people.
If the same results starts to shown in other countries, especially France, then the amount of spectators will likely be reduced.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 09:35 (Ref:3982577)   #363
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although we know that this whole thing - Covid, is going to ebb and flow, it just depends on how much ebbing and flowing govts. are willing to go through.. Are the second waves coming? We just don't know. Our govt. need to be more effective at stopping people from travelling from countries where sizeable outbreaks occur.

It's not like we're going to be in a position where there are zero cases and zero deaths from it, it's just not possible. So we can't wait for that before starting to go back towards (but not getting to) 'normal'.. Advances in the drugs that can be used to treat Covid are being made, so hopefully the trend will be ever downwards.

I think we may well be lucky but that there could also be caveats or further review/checkpoint dates.

Track and Trace needs to be effective, otherwise we're just not going to get better at dealing with this.

Anyway - only 12 days to wait...
Old 18 Jun 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3982591)   #364
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It will be a very tense 12 days, then a rush to book travel if we can
Old 18 Jun 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3982597)   #365
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I just don't see how, in France, we can go from not allowing any gathering of more than 5,000 people before the end of August to suddenly allowing an international gathering of up to 200,00 people in mid-September. I know the Tour de France is meant to be running for 3 weeks from 29 August, but that's meant to be subject to strict health regulations to limit crowd sizes and there are still doubts as to whether to event will be held after all.
With the Spa 6 Hours (August 15) and the Belgian Grand Prix (August 30) both expected to be held without spectators, how could the French government, with similar restrictions to Belgium in force in August, announce a free-for-all in September?
We can always be surprised I suppose. Meanwhile
Old 18 Jun 2020, 11:36 (Ref:3982602)   #366
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm with you Christopher, it is the purest optimism to assume we will be back to something approaching normal by September. (Much as it pains me to say it). I still expect the race to go ahead, but I'm expecting severe limits on attendance. That could be 'locals' only, it could be members only, it could be some kind of 'draw' of ticket holders, we just don't know. But if anyone thinks they'll be going just because they have a ticket, I think they'll be disappointed. The problem is making decisions now - or pretty soon - without knowing what the next 12-13 weeks have in store. It's not even a case of saying that France will be OK by then, how do they guarantee that they're not importing a whole heap of trouble if they say people can travel to the race from outside France....?

I remain wholly pessimistic. It's not my usual style, but I'll be less disappointed perhaps if it turns out the way I think it will....
Old 18 Jun 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3982603)   #367
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It will be a very tense 12 days, then a rush to book travel if we can
I just rolled my tickets on the tunnel over to September..
Old 18 Jun 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3982605)   #368
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
I just don't see how, in France, we can go from not allowing any gathering of more than 5,000 people before the end of August to suddenly allowing an international gathering of up to 200,00 people in mid-September. I know the Tour de France is meant to be running for 3 weeks from 29 August, but that's meant to be subject to strict health regulations to limit crowd sizes and there are still doubts as to whether to event will be held after all.
With the Spa 6 Hours (August 15) and the Belgian Grand Prix (August 30) both expected to be held without spectators, how could the French government, with similar restrictions to Belgium in force in August, announce a free-for-all in September?
We can always be surprised I suppose. Meanwhile
Yep, that is the bit that is really hard to work out.. 5k now --> 100k / 200k in September.. it does seem like a gap too wide to bridge by then.

But the organisers seem and sound so positive! oh carp, I think it's going to be TV only in that case..
Old 18 Jun 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3982607)   #369
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't actually think there would be anywhere near 200k attendance, if I'm honest. I think there will be a lot of people who

a) won't be able to go due to the dates change, or
b) decide not to go as it's too great a risk
c) are not allowed to go due to whatever restrictions are imposed by the ACO/French central or local government
Old 18 Jun 2020, 12:00 (Ref:3982614)   #370
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
In the last 20 mins, the ACO have put out a new timetable for race week and a new entry list - https://www.lemans.org/en/news/2020-...petition/53950 - all positive signs IMO
I still don't understand what is the point of 15 minutes of warm-up where you could literally get no running at all if someone crashes out in the first corner, and the session gets immediately cancelled

And the pointless micro-qualifying sessions, same deal, especially now that it's conceded schedule and they can't necessarily re-arrange sessions (at least Hyperbole) elsewhere due to support races also being jammed in. Meanwhile there's still zillions of hours of free practice that does not count towards qualifying or anything else.

Except for night laps that is, but that is now only FP3 since Thursday's been left out, so if you don't do the mandatory laps in that session (between 10-12PM I assume) you're not allowed in the race is that it...??? In the past, if you wrecked your car in FP or Q1 or had other reason for not making the night laps on Wednesday, at least you had the chance to do so in Q3 on Thursday

It's like they copypasted the Daytona 24 Hours ideology

Last edited by Deleted; 18 Jun 2020 at 12:13.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3982617)   #371
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't actually think there would be anywhere near 200k attendance, if I'm honest. I think there will be a lot of people who

a) won't be able to go due to the dates change, or
b) decide not to go as it's too great a risk
c) are not allowed to go due to whatever restrictions are imposed by the ACO/French central or local government

d) don't fancy possibly adverse weather in September

Regarding the crowd size restriction: why should it be so difficult to go from 5,000 to, say, 200,000 in the space of three weeks? Back in March we went from unlimited to zero overnight......
Old 18 Jun 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3982618)   #372
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm wondering about speculatively signing up to the ACO in case that's an entry stipulation...

Like Ayse says, it's a minefield. I've already spent money on 3x tickets for the race (GE, tribune and camping) plus travel. A more casual local fan could just tip up on the day and buy a GE ticket. Both of us are important and the ACO wont want to alienate either side. But one is cheaper to refund.

Is having things like tribune tickets and numbered camping pitches carrying over to next year quite complicated for the ACO? Not sure.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 12:11 (Ref:3982619)   #373
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We can all speculate on what the ACO will do but i do think they will can something sorted even if it is restricted numbers inside certain area's
Old 18 Jun 2020, 12:17 (Ref:3982620)   #374
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
200000 is the usual attendance, but how many just turn up and pay on the day? If they stopped selling tickets now how many would that be? The ACO will have done the sums, might just be the M Macron is coming to speak to the Boris today to get him to drop quarantine so we can all go and get back easily. Less than 2 weeks until we find out something concrete, hopefully that we can still go
Old 18 Jun 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3982624)   #375
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i hope they do not stop ticket sales, i had a camping ticket but as yet no race tickets
Closed Thread