Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Oct 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2966220)   #651
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
So another 23 car (give or take a few) grid. This has all the makings for another great event.
26 full season ILMC entrants + a couple of (GT3) guests should take it to at least 30 cars (no promises though ). That´s slightly better than last month´s LMS Estoril race.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2966221)   #652
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still think even with a sub-standard field and on a sub-standard track these cars with these classes will produce good racing. There were plenty of talking points coming out of last year's race. I'm really looking forward to it even if we don't get the new equipment we have been hoping for out of Peugeot.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2966222)   #653
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , it is only really finding its feet , but I see what you mean .

Wait till 2012 ..... if all the news coming through does ..... its shaping up pretty good so far , imo .
I wouldn't be counting chickens so fast.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2966238)   #654
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Focus on China.........

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/inter...hina_5383.html
Old 6 Oct 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2966656)   #655
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Pit work demonstration by Tokai-U students
They need practice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbY-N1fywM
Old 6 Oct 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2966662)   #656
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
They need practice!
A lot of practice .
But nice to see a student outfit, they could be important for future japanese entries.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 15:45 (Ref:2966699)   #657
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I wouldn't be counting chickens so fast.
I did say IF .
Old 6 Oct 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2966702)   #658
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
They need practice!
That was a pretty cool demo. It would have been sweet if they fired that engine up inside! That room had such an echo I think windows would have shattered!

edit: where is the engine air intake on that car? I didn't see it next to the drivers head or on a turbo inlet.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2966707)   #659
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That was a pretty cool demo. It would have been sweet if they fired that engine up inside! That room had such an echo I think windows would have shattered!

edit: where is the engine air intake on that car? I didn't see it next to the drivers head or on a turbo inlet.
in the side pods?
Old 6 Oct 2011, 16:02 (Ref:2966711)   #660
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What engine is it?
Old 6 Oct 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2966716)   #661
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
What engine is it?
I believe it will be their own modified YGK engine...
Old 6 Oct 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2966786)   #662
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
in the side pods?
those are about the only holes in the bodywork I see, and I figured they were for cooling.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2966790)   #663
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
those are about the only holes in the bodywork I see, and I figured they were for cooling.
They where design for that also, but if the engine is heat optimized enough, it could leave space for air intake?
Old 13 Oct 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2970653)   #664
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Anyway, still one round to go, and first word of entries from Planetlemans on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/#!/planetlemans/...52203968053249

Quote:
29 cars entered for 6 Hours of Zhuhai #ILMC season finale - including 3 Audi R8 LMS and 1 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 and 1 Oreca FLM09.
So the same GT3/GTC entry trick as last year to bolster the grid slightly.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2970671)   #665
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
DSC entry list.

Looks like Level 5 is a no go, but Lotus will be there.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2970675)   #666
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
DSC entry list.

Also up on the ILMC site now
http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...-list-2011.pdf
Old 13 Oct 2011, 20:07 (Ref:2970678)   #667
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
DSC entry list.

Not bad at all, certainly a more interesting list of cars than Estoril and that was a fantastic race. However, I doubt this will be a fantastic *event*, especially in regards to the crowd sizes.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2970701)   #668
JAG
Veteran

England
The GV Zytek Hybrid was meant to race, as it was destroyed at Silverstone I read Zytek wanted to send over a regular Zytek, but this was rejected by the ACO.

Seems strange as even GT3's are being accepted.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2970730)   #669
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone make sense of this Level 5 press release from today? It says they'll be in China, but it also says they will be racing next in Italy for an ILMC round. Huh? It's not an old press release since it talks about their results at Petit.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2970739)   #670
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6 Hours of Vallelunga maybe? Or have they kicked out the prototypes now?
Old 13 Oct 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2970746)   #671
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus Jetalliance has not confirmed the trip to Asia yet after damaging two cars at Petit Le Mans.

Scott Tucker's cars have been on and off list before - so that could still change. Fact is they are not on the list at the moment.

Zytek Hybrid is not on it and given the fact that the #23 has been taken by Tokai it seems unlikely they will join in the end.

It's still a month before the 6 Hours of Zhuhai though, so a lot can still change.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2970750)   #672
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
It's still a month before the 6 Hours of Zhuhai though, so a lot can still change.
Yeah plenty more cars can drop off the list yet. Would be nice to get some positive surprises but I think if you were going to go you'd have factored it in and lodged your entry by now.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2970765)   #673
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the Tokai effort, but I would be glad if they were allowed to get a little wilder on the livery... The consensual national theme is getting really old with japanese cars, it feels like traditions from another time. Those are young students working on the cars, not old politicians lol!

Don't take that comment as something serious though, it's not very important, but I bet they would love having more freedom on the aestethic side.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2970766)   #674
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or teams have lodged an entry but have asked the ACO not to be published yet because they have not found the driver with the required budget yet...

But to be honest...I wouldn't be surprised if some cars will not show up.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 23:26 (Ref:2970779)   #675
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I applaud the Tokai effort and wish there was more of that going on, remember the Epsilon Euskadi team, that car was a wonderful study of what could be done with the correct use of resources. I hope Tokai does well (for what they are working with) - great to see them trying to build their own engine and hybrid system and hope to see the whole package in action soon.