Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 May 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3243192)   #476
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
My general rule of thumb is Spa should be cool and wet, and Le Mans warm and dry.

Obviously this is a huge generalisation but the years I've been overly hot at Spa (2011 being an obvious case) haven't necessarily translated into the weather hoped for at Le Mans - and I think we can safely say it was pretty warm the whole way through at Spa this year...
You need to run for cover as the wrath of Ayse will soon be upon you (or is it Mal this year?)
Old 5 May 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3243200)   #477
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey ACO,

Come to Road America and Mosport next year.

We'll pack the tracks with people if Europe won't.
Old 5 May 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3243205)   #478
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
You need to run for cover as the wrath of Ayse will soon be upon you (or is it Mal this year?)
Appreciate that - but I am but a reporter of empirical observation rather than some form of weather prophet...
Old 5 May 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3243208)   #479
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://plus.google.com/photos/11774...81526537645793
Old 6 May 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3243348)   #480
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Appreciate that - but I am but a reporter of empirical observation rather than some form of weather prophet...
Why let facts get in the way?.... Come on you know it will be dry warm and sunny at Le Mans
Old 6 May 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3243349)   #481
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
United front - start chanting........
Old 6 May 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3243350)   #482
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Do you recall the #1 Audi consistently being at least half a second faster than the #7 Toyota per lap?
Come on now, I asked a legitimate question. RLM was who brought up the lack of a penalty. I am asking how they were able to pit but not receive one. Then I added "was it because they had a puncture?" Im asking, not trying to say Audi did something wrong.

In other news is there any attendance figures? I sure hope it was good so they don't replace it for another venue.

Last edited by TF110; 6 May 2013 at 05:26.
Old 6 May 2013, 05:49 (Ref:3243362)   #483
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Come on now, I asked a legitimate question. RLM was who brought up the lack of a penalty. I am asking how they were able to pit but not receive one. Then I added "was it because they had a puncture?" Im asking, not trying to say Audi did something wrong.

In other news is there any attendance figures? I sure hope it was good so they don't replace it for another venue.
Why would the Audi have gotten a penalty? The situation was that on the lap the course went green, the pits were still closed. The Audi had a slow puncture, limped around and pitted the next time by.

Two Aston Martins and a Manthey Porsche did go into the pits as the course went green, and eventually got a penalty. (The Porsche was off by then so it didn't matter for them.)

I'm not sure where in Europe the WEC is going to draw better than Spa.
Old 6 May 2013, 05:51 (Ref:3243364)   #484
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Old 6 May 2013, 05:55 (Ref:3243366)   #485
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now we're talking!
Old 6 May 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3243371)   #486
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Why would the Audi have gotten a penalty? The situation was that on the lap the course went green, the pits were still closed. The Audi had a slow puncture, limped around and pitted the next time by.

Two Aston Martins and a Manthey Porsche did go into the pits as the course went green, and eventually got a penalty. (The Porsche was off by then so it didn't matter for them.)

Im repeating what the commentators said. I couldn't understand their reasoning.
Old 6 May 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3243373)   #487
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is our full report and 220-shot gallery from this weekend's race: http://bit.ly/ZJCJDC
Old 6 May 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3243379)   #488
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Im repeating what the commentators said. I couldn't understand their reasoning.
I think you may be mistaken as I heard the commentators single out the #1 as heaving complied with the race directors requirements, but several GT cars did not.
Old 6 May 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3243409)   #489
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Nürburgring Nordschleife
I think that will be extremely boring with only 35 or so cars....
Old 6 May 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3243442)   #490
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hindy was calling the incident. He was saying teams got penalized for pitting during the period after the safety car and asked why Audi didn't. Thats why I said it must have been because the puncture they didnt get penalized. Do you recall they said to wait for (at least 2 laps) before pitting?
That's not what he said, or what happened. The GT cars pitted under the safety car, the #1 ran around with a slow puncture and came in after the green flag.
Old 6 May 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3243452)   #491
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa back in 2014

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-17881.html

Attendance figures: 35.000

Old 6 May 2013, 10:03 (Ref:3243453)   #492
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hindy was calling the incident. He was saying teams got penalized for pitting during the period after the safety car and asked why Audi didn't. Thats why I said it must have been because the puncture they didnt get penalized. Do you recall they said to wait for (at least 2 laps) before pitting?
That wasn't what he (or Race Control) said, it was said that the pits were closed until every car passed the start-finish line under green flag conditions, and the green flag was given at the end of the SC period before the leaders started passing the start-finish line. So a full pitstop could be done without penalty at the end of the first lap after the SC period.
Old 6 May 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3243496)   #493
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Spa back in 2014

Good to read that, it was at times and places crowded but with the nice weather we had it made us a beautiful day.
Old 6 May 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3243527)   #494
Bubak
Rookie

Bubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.racingsportscars.com Chassis info:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/entr...-04-24775.html
Old 6 May 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3243555)   #495
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
good pics there especially the three amigo's at the end
How many more of us amigo's were out there on saturday?
Old 6 May 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3243568)   #496
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Spa back in 2014

Great news.
Old 6 May 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3243581)   #497
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
The Ten Tenths twitter guru just tweeted this
Old 6 May 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3243587)   #498
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So why was there all that stuff about no spa in 2014 if 2 days later it is back
Old 6 May 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3243591)   #499
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
That's not an announcement, it's a column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by google translation
With at least mild weather, no fewer than 35 000 people attended the event in the Belgian Ardennes for the 6 Hours of Spa, the second round of the World Endurance Championship. Will ensure a bright future! However, the Belgian press relayed stormy relationship between the FIA WEC and the circuit of Spa-Francorchamps. Gérard Neveu, in charge of the championship, had warned in Liege during the presentation of the event: "We are good at Spa but if we go back, it will not at any price. " The tone was set long before the start of the race. It is unclear whether the FIA WEC return in 2014 but what is certain is that circuit tap at the door of the championship. For several years, the race around Spa serves last race before the 24 Hours of Le Mans. To listen to both sides, everyone seems to stick to its position, the dispute is of a financial nature. The organization of such an event is expensive and it becomes increasingly difficult to monetize the thing. Given the proposed (30 euros for two days with paddock access) rate, this is not the ticket that will allow to generate significant profits. You can say that 30 euros is too expensive but it is essentially the same price as a ticket to attend a 90-minute match Standard Liege. In August, Formula 1 fans will not hesitate to pay at least 150 euros for two hours of racing without having to feel like part of GP.
Old 6 May 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3243617)   #500
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Highlights by Toyota: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49UHfegwNU4