Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Sep 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1415115)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter Todd - MSA

Many of us have marshalled abroad - to do this we need permission from the MSA.
This approval was usually sought from Peter Todd

The following was emailed to me earlier today

MSA STATEMENT

It is with much sadness that the Motor Sports Association reports the death on Wednesday of Peter Todd, one of the governing body's most respected and experienced executives.

Colin Hilton, chief executive of the MSA said: "We are shocked and devastated. Peter had worked at the MSA for 19 years and before that he was with Brands Hatch Circuits. He was vastly experienced, had an encyclopaedic knowledge of the sport and was a very popular member of staff. He will leave a huge hole in our organisation and our thoughts are with his family at this time."

The MSA respectfully requests that all parties allow Peter's family, friends and colleagues space and privacy to come to terms with this devastating news. Any further enquiries should be channelled through MPA Media.

ENDS

Release MSA05-040: 23 September 2005

Issued on behalf of the Motor Sports Association by MPA Media Limited

I didn't know Peter, but he was fantastic in helping me sort out my first Marshalling experience in Montreal in 2001
Old 23 Sep 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1415118)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst I never knew Peter personally I knew of his reputation and he will be sadly missed. My deepest sympathy to his family and colleagues.

Sheila
Old 24 Sep 2005, 05:01 (Ref:1415221)   #3
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I have had the pleasure of sorting out marshalling trips abroad to Kyalami and Le Mans, both before and after my accident, and found Peter to be a gentleman at all times. Concise and precise, and always helpful.

He will be solely missed by everyone.

R.I.P. Peter
Old 24 Sep 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1415364)   #4
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bl**dy H*ll - as one who did have the pleasure to know Peter over many years - all the way back to Brands together and upto chatting to him this year at the BGP & FIA GT's at Silverstone - that's come as a big shock!

Aways the gentleman - he will be sorely missed.

My deepest sympathy to his family and colleagues.
Old 24 Sep 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1415473)   #5
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I only knew Peter by his name and reputation, the greatest of sympathy to his family and friends.
Old 24 Sep 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1415507)   #6
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wish to add my sympathys to his family . i did not meet him in person but had spoken to him on the phone when try to sort out trips adroad he will be sadly missed
Old 24 Sep 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1415560)   #7
spottymarshal
Rookie

England
Chatham,Kent
spottymarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't know Peter either but he helped me sort out my 1st ever GP marshalling in Montreal in 2003 just after i'd finished my Trainee Year for which I was extremely grateful.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1416175)   #8
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't know Peter personally but he has helped me over recent years when I have marshalled at the Canadian GP in Montreal.
My deepest sympathy to Peter's family and friends, he will be sadly missed.

R.I.P Peter
Old 27 Sep 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1418111)   #9
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like so many, I always found Peter to be most helpful with all aspects of my overseas marshalling. Indeed, he has been a good friend for many, many years - initially when he marshalled at Brands Hatch with the BRSCC. He will be sadly missed...