Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2002, 16:05 (Ref:303574)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Response to our letter From Max

Today we received the following response from Max Mosley, who is not happy.

28 May 2002

[My name and address]
Ten-Tenths Motorsport

Dear Ms. Shaw:

Thank you for your letter of 15 May.

This should indeed have been addressed to us in the beginning rather than to Mr. Ecclestone, who runs the commercial side of Formula One. Any action in respect of what Ferrari did in Austria would be a sporting matter and therefore the responsibility of the FIA.

Yours sincerely,
Max Mosley

==================

Notice that there is 100% absence of content in this letter. I would opine from the stunning lack of interest Max evidences, that sending it to Bernie was the RIGHT thing to do rather than the wrong thing.

What do you think?

Incidentally, Max put a stamp on his rather than running it through a meter, which I find interesting although not particularly informative.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 16:12 (Ref:303580)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic!! Perhaps he got a slap from Bernie because of your letter and isn't pleased about it .
Old 3 Jun 2002, 16:37 (Ref:303593)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
so maybe bernie (or at least one of his employees) did read our letter! shame on all you doubters!
Old 3 Jun 2002, 16:45 (Ref:303598)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm absolutely sure sending it to Bernie was the right thing to do.

After all, the commercial side of Formula One is what will suffer if the fans decide to abandon ship, isn't it?

Bernie's response was a lot more polite. Max doesn't even touch the matter, and his response just looks grumpy. Yep, sending it to Bernie was definitely the right thing to do.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 16:57 (Ref:303607)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a smug sarcastic ....err,

I like the fact that he has no comment other than "We "indeed should have sent it to him"...Haha!!!
Old 3 Jun 2002, 19:51 (Ref:303714)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz, did you send the letter to both? Or have Bernie and his people passed it on to Max and his people?
Old 3 Jun 2002, 19:51 (Ref:303715)   #7
Baby Spice
Racer

Baby Spice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should send a letter to tell him if I saw anything like this anymore, I will definitely switch to Premier One in future, arghhh... feel like I really want to kill him.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 20:58 (Ref:303830)   #8
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baby Spice, I don't even think Premier One will even start, it's a crazy idea...
Max, gee, he put a lot of thought into that letter
...Well done Liz, by the way.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 21:12 (Ref:303837)   #9
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Liz, did you send the letter to both?
I believe Liz sent a copy of the letter to Max - and to Ferrari as well.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 22:35 (Ref:303884)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
You guys all missed the point. Max was so peeved when he read the letter addressed to Bernie, that he personally wrote or dictated a copy in reply. Now, nobody in this forum can say that Liz's letter was in vain, that they either did not read the letter or reply in person. As they say, read it and weep!!

It is also important to point out that Max cannot comment on our letter at this stage because of the pending hearing on the 26th. However, this reply confirms that what Liz wrote was fantastic.

A hearty congratulations to Liz for her quick thinking to compose and send the letter to Bernie and copy it to Useless Max.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 4 Jun 2002, 00:34 (Ref:303971)   #11
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Max Mosely sound really PI**ED off!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 01:12 (Ref:303979)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes y'all are correct, I sent Max a copy with a polite cover letter, and also sent copies to ITV, Speed Channel, Aussie Channel 9 and Ferrari. We have now received answers from Max, Bernie and Ferrari which is about the best we could have hoped for, I think.

Notice that unlike Bernie he didn't invite us to imagine his personal feelings. I think we can figure out exactly how he feels!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 02:26 (Ref:304008)   #13
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Response from Ferrari ?!?, please, let us know about that one !!!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 03:03 (Ref:304020)   #14
Liz
Veteran

It was an e-mail.

for eshaw@primus.ca; Fri, 17 May 2002 09:45:51 -0400
Received: by monza.maranello.mo with Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)
id <JBH77PQW>; Fri, 17 May 2002 15:45:22 +0200
Message-ID: <5790584ACE6F9A4992E4D2DEF1542850A4CBF6@monza.maranello.mo>
To: eshaw@primus.ca
Subject:
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:45:16 +0200

Dear Kate,
with reference to your e-mail dated 15th May, I was sorry to read your comments, however we respect everybody's thoughts.

Best Regards

Claudio Berro
Ferrari S.p.A
Old 4 Jun 2002, 03:20 (Ref:304024)   #15
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It certainly appears that Max was one unhappy camper. It is a bit strange, though understandable, that he is upset at not being the main target, especially since his reply indicates that he would have said nothing regardless. He must think, in his own mind, he is more important than Bernie. What an idiot.

My congratulations to you, Liz. It was obviously worth the effort.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 03:59 (Ref:304045)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yeah!! There's a saying: "If you don't like the music, Go talk to the organ grinder, not the monkey."

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 4 Jun 2002, 06:34 (Ref:304077)   #17
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am not too fussed what they actually write to us....

What makes me happy, is that we know by the responses that they have read our letter. So we know, that they know how we feel.

(say that ten times really fast! *L*)
Old 4 Jun 2002, 07:46 (Ref:304093)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Geez, that's the response of quite an angry man. Although it seems he's taken note of our displeasure, it's unfortunate that he says nothing of the matter that the letter was actually about.

But it got his attention nonetheless
Old 4 Jun 2002, 09:57 (Ref:304222)   #19
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Yeah!! There's a saying: "If you don't like the music, Go talk to the organ grinder, not the monkey."

Hm.....
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:07 (Ref:304231)   #20
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, you should've sent it to Max and a copy to Bernie. But the Ferrari e-mail kinda confuses me. Who's Kate? And why Claudio uses the email adress of a Daniela? And who's Daniela anyway?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:08 (Ref:304234)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz is Kate, Kate is Liz
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:15 (Ref:304243)   #22
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Um given the fact that we had to trawl to get an address for Max in the first place, he's hardly in a position to complain - he didn't exactly make it easy to contact him.

Since we are representatives of F1 fans and not members of any official organisation, he's also not in a position to tell us what we can and can't do and who we can and can't contact.

If he's unhappy, then he should provide a clear and easy to contact channel of communication for complaints.

I'm with Valve on this one - the way it was done was precisely what was needed to ensure he viewed the letter and that it elicited a response.

Well done Liz!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 4 Jun 2002 at 10:16.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 11:24 (Ref:304309)   #23
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I think we can figure out exactly how he feels!
I gave some thought to that yesterday and then slept on it. He sounds "put out" in a petty sort of bureaucratic way. It's like he is whining, "This is my responsibility, so why did you go and bother Bernie?" That's a really strange response from the President - or whatever title he has - of an international sporting organization with great prestige. It seems to me that this affair points up some facets of what must be a rather sticky relationship between the two. At the end of the day, Max is clearly Bernie's lapdog, and there must be times when he really resents this and it shows through. I think his answer was one of those times.

It also sounds as if Max is dismayed to learn that Bernie is getting mail of this sort. It seems to me that he is also angry that views which may not be in accord with his own are being sent direct to the "commercial side of Formula One". If Max wanted to discipline Ferrari in a meaningful way, he should be absolutly delighted that Bernie is getting our mail. His response suggests that Bernie may be out in front of him on this issue.

All in all, a very interesting and worthwhile exchange. For sure it looks like Max read the letter, and that he believes that Bernie did too.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 16:12 (Ref:304558)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Re Ferrari: Daniela is Claudio's secretary, which may mean that she wrote his response.

I considered writing Max a follow up letter asking him if he had any thoughts on the content of the letter and enclosing a copy of Bernie's letter for his entertainment. But I decided that would be overkill.

Does the word "puppet" occur to anyone else when they thing about Max?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 17:27 (Ref:304620)   #25
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say I'm a little surprised that it got an "Official" response. I expected we'd hear nothing. I think the tone of Max' reply indicates that he did see it and that he was p.o.'d, as you all have said. And Liz' last comment that Max is a Puppet, is painfully close to the truth.