Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Aug 2001, 01:50 (Ref:132015)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
skinner given the boot....

no longer a secret.....mike skinner wont be in the 31 car in 2002 , like the idea of drivers swapping seats if they have had an ordinary year - lets get some fresh faces in
Old 18 Aug 2001, 14:47 (Ref:132139)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Skinner had his chances to win with a decent car but did not get the job done. He did win a couple of exhibition races over in Japan and came close a few times in some points paying Winston Cup races. However, he never was able to get the win when so many other drivers got their first wins during the same timespan.

Now, he is going to be replaced by Robby Gordon. I personally would have taken Greg Biffle over Robby Gordon because Greg has proven more to me in a stock car than Robby has. Sure Robby will be strong on the road courses but Greg is no slouch himself at making right turns and he will keep the car on the track and off the hauler.

All that I have to say is that Robby better count his blessings because this is a much better ride than he truly deserves. What he did in CART and the IRL doesn't mean squat in a stock car. What he did on a couple of road courses in a stock car is only good for two races a year.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 17:23 (Ref:132200)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robby Gordon is a good driver. He should be given a chance.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 01:13 (Ref:132282)   #4
texasfan3
Rookie

texasfan3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What do y'all know that I don't? As far as I have heard and read, nothing has been confirmed that Robby Gordon will drive the #31. I'm hoping that Richard Childress will realize that he can find a beter driver that "Mr. Attitude".
Old 19 Aug 2001, 10:44 (Ref:132374)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nothing is confirmed on who will drive the #31 - i will say though, robby gordon has no chance , robby cant race on ovals, it is as simple as that
Old 19 Aug 2001, 20:57 (Ref:132678)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Texasfan3, welcome aboard! Nothing has been confirmed yet but Mike Skinner will be out of the #31 car at year end. And the Robby Gordon to Childress rumor has been hot for some time even before Robby filled in for Skinner.

I personally think Greg Biffle is the most deserving driver for the car. He won a Craftsman Truck Series Championship last year and was the runner up the year before. He is currently third in the Busch Grand National points as a rookie and was second until some unfortunate circumstances in yesterday's race. He also is a very good road racer, having beat Ron Fellows before in a truck series road race.

Robby has potential but he hasn't been able to transfer it to a stock car. Robby has raced in 56 Winston Cup races and has no wins and only three top-five finishes. I hope Childress reconsiders because Greg has done what it takes to get to Cup.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 19 Aug 2001 at 20:59.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 22:47 (Ref:133369)   #7
texasfan3
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome. I think you're right about Biffle, but I don't think Rousch is quite ready to let him go. He's doing great in the Busch car this year, but I have to admit I hope not too great, as I'm a Kevin Harvick fan.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 23:51 (Ref:133418)   #8
Joe Fan
Veteran

Texasfan, I am a big fan of Kevin Harvick too. I joined his fan club this year. But truth be known, there are very few drivers in the series that I don't like. I like the vast majority of them. However, Dale Jarrett is my absolute favorite driver as I have admired his determination and hardwork to get where he has.

As far as Biffle, someone on another BB stated that Childress would love to get Biffle but he is under contract to Roush. I sure hope that Jack would let him go if he doesn't have plans for him in Cup next year. Greg really deserves the great Cup opportunity.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 00:48 (Ref:133434)   #9
texasfan3
Rookie

Joe, DJ is my husband's favorite driver, too! I agree, if Roush doesn't have plans for Biffle I would like to see him go to another team that would put him in a Cup car next year or the year after. But I have a feeling that Jack probably DOES have plans for him. He's becoming pretty good at finding really good, young drivers (look at Kurt and Kyle Bush). I also have a LOT of favorite drivers, among them Harvick, JR. and Ricky Rudd. I would absolutely LOVE to see Ricky win a championship for the 28 team this year.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 02:19 (Ref:136864)   #10
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I understand, Roush still plans to run Biffle for ROTY in the Winston Cup Series, driving the Granger Ford. I would really like to see Childress give a deserving driver, such as Kenny Wallace (who will be driving a Cup car at Loudon, and back in the Cup Series next year with the team that he is currently driving for in the Busch Series). All I can say is that if the rumors that "Wreckin Robby" Gordon is the driver that gets the 31 car next year, I'm sure I won't have to be responsible for paying the body work bills for RCR!