Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3084129)   #1
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Non-Eurosport TV Coverage

If you know the broadcasters i.e. Speedtv, ESPN..., http://tv.audi.com etc. please let the readers from around the world know who they are. Eurosport is a given but, there must be other broadcasters televising this great motorsport event. Do not post known/unknown internet video streams in this thread unless they are free and legal broadcasts. If this request has already been answered then excuse me and mods please delete the thread. Thank you. Mike
Old 3 Jun 2012, 05:51 (Ref:3084133)   #2
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujoint View Post
Do not post known/unknown internet video streams in this thread unless they are free and legal broadcasts.
Umm? At least in the past the mods have turned a turned a blind eye to the grey area stream links.

And I'd rename (mods?) the topic to something like "Television coverage & streaming", because otherwise might get confusing because there is already this thread: Eurosport coverage, which has already kind of had the same purpose as the general thread.

Remains to be seen whether there is the usual Audi.tv & fiawec.com stream. I expect that there won't be.

JRM onboard feed somewhere @ speedhunters.com:
Quote:
We’re also excited to announce a collaboration with the JRM crew, complete with a live stream direct from the car for the full 24 hours. You’ll be able to ride along with the likes of David Brabham in the LMP1-class HPD ARX-03a for the duration of the race. //from here

Last edited by deggis; 3 Jun 2012 at 05:58.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3084154)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You guys post the links, leave us to bin them if we think they're dodgy enough........
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:20 (Ref:3084167)   #4
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://live.lemans-tv.com => http://www.lemans-tv.com

Under construction, but might be a hint.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3084171)   #5
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
http://live.lemans-tv.com => http://www.lemans-tv.com

Under construction, but might be a hint.
Or not... for the Silverstone WEC the earliest
Old 3 Jun 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3084179)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
It's cleared then:
Quote:
Race weekend: there will NOT be a live stream of the race on the ACO/WEC site as far as I am aware. They plan to have some sort of WebTV offering but it will be news and interviews.

Audi TV will doubtless have some sort of live stream and I will get details of that later.
http://radiolemans.0157.org/content/...unday-3rd-june
Old 5 Jun 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3085561)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Any aussies (or anyone else for that matter) know if ONE in Australia are showing the race again as in previous years? Im a bit doubtful seeing as they usually use SPEED's coverage and there is now an Australian SPEED channel on cable .
Old 5 Jun 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3085629)   #8
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RTL7 is going to show the whole 24 hours in the Netherlands.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3085730)   #9
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Good for promoting Le Mans in the Netherlands now that Jan Lammers has not been there for quite some time now.

(Good thing I'll be at La Sarthe instead of having to listen to Allard Kalff and Olav Mol)
Old 5 Jun 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3085744)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was just watching Speed's coverage of the Detroit GA race and when they showed an advert of the upcoming Le Mans broadcast, Leigh Diffey replied: " -- We're looking forward to that... expect I have to spend too much time on plane with Calvin [Fish] but other than that it's good"

Well nice little joke for starters but I thought that the Speed commentators do comms for Le Mans (as well as other oversea races) from their Charlotte home base? Normally only the pit lane reporters receive tickets for France
Old 5 Jun 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3085804)   #11
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Was just watching Speed's coverage of the Detroit GA race and when they showed an advert of the upcoming Le Mans broadcast, Leigh Diffey replied: " -- We're looking forward to that... expect I have to spend too much time on plane with Calvin [Fish] but other than that it's good"

Well nice little joke for starters but I thought that the Speed commentators do comms for Le Mans (as well as other oversea races) from their Charlotte home base? Normally only the pit lane reporters receive tickets for France
Leigh & Calvin have previously come over to LM for scrutineering and quali, then fly back to the States to commentate on the race. Guess by the statement above, the same is going to happen this year.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3085826)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Interesting... now that you mention it, I remember Radio Le Mans guys saying the same kind of thing a few years ago.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3085831)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The RLM guys have always commentated actually at Le Mans for the full week. Paul Truswell did once commentate on a Test Day from London, I believe.....
Old 5 Jun 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3085833)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

No what I meant was that RLM said the same thing about the Speed TV guys... just remembered it
Old 5 Jun 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3085835)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, sorry!
Old 5 Jun 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3085845)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

No prob

Surely, it shouldn't be that expensive for Speed to accommodate Diffey / Fish / Schroeder / Till and Pruett (if he's back) for a few days to provide commentary from trackside... I mean the pit reporters and cameramen are already there. IMO always a bit more authentic, you can see the difference between race weekends they're actually attending and the ones they're doing from Charlotte, still good but not the same
Old 5 Jun 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3085888)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You guys post the links, leave us to bin them if we think they're dodgy enough........
Will you be checking during the race? Don't you have some cars speeding by to watch then?
Old 5 Jun 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3085906)   #18
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I imagine they will check the reputation of where the stream is coming from dictate whether or not it is a good thing to have on the forum.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3086446)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Will you be checking during the race? Don't you have some cars speeding by to watch then?

Nope.

and

Yep.

Old 6 Jun 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3086493)   #20
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujoint View Post
If you know the broadcasters i.e. Speedtv, ESPN..., http://tv.audi.com etc. please let the readers from around the world know who they are. Eurosport is a given but, there must be other broadcasters televising this great motorsport event. Do not post known/unknown internet video streams in this thread unless they are free and legal broadcasts. If this request has already been answered then excuse me and mods please delete the thread. Thank you. Mike
I did not mean to trample the mods feet. We all have our sources for special video stream links. The forces that be would be none to happy to shut down those links.

Just be careful with your link posting is all I am saying. I don't like to give out secrets in the clear until race day or even a bit into the race. Alternate links are hard to find or even log onto a video stream server during the 24 hour itself.

Newbs tune in on race day for some real fun. Use the 10ths chat too. It is full of some real hardcore and knowledgeable race fans that enjoy chatting motorsports.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3086498)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good advice
Old 7 Jun 2012, 01:34 (Ref:3086632)   #22
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like I'm stuck with dodgy streams or nothing at all. My cable provider has removed both MotorsTV and Eurosport-1/2 off their list. I was really hoping the WEC would stream the full race.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 01:50 (Ref:3086636)   #23
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Looks like I'm stuck with dodgy streams or nothing at all. My cable provider has removed both MotorsTV and Eurosport-1/2 off their list. I was really hoping the WEC would stream the full race.
If Eurosport Player isn't available there (Ukraine?), you could buy a VPN service, that then essentially gives you another country's IP address. Google.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3086761)   #24
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 euros for Eurosport Player, if it's available where you are. Get it for a month and you have the full race I believe.

Just remember this disclaimer:

Discovery Offer:

The Discovery Offer is a monthly subscription that is renewed automatically every 30 days following the date of your initial subscription. There is no minimum sign up period and you can cancel your subscription at anytime up until 2 days before the next renewal date. You can cancel your subscription via the My Account section of Eurosport Player.

It says it's available from 70 countries but no idea which. There's less than 70 countries in Europe I believe? So there's hope abroad.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3086997)   #25
GAMEOFGUTS21
Rookie

United States
Dallas, TX
GAMEOFGUTS21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full Televised Coverage?

Hello, all.

As you probably can tell, I live in the United States, so I watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans on Speed HD, not Eurosport. I just set my television to record the race and noticed that it goes all through the night! From race start to race end, with different snips of programs that have like a five-minute delay in between. If that is so, I'll be seeing the whole 24-hour race, which would be awesome, but... is it really true? Are they going to stay up all night to broadcast the race live on television? Any response would be appreciated, as I'm just curious.

Thanks-