Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Feb 2004, 22:22 (Ref:878742)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
If I take a television, can we recieve the Sunday Canadian Grand Prix via an arial?
(if needed a French tv, my parents live in France)
or more importantly another sporting event that is taking place that evening, now I have a feeling it might clash with said Grand Prix - England v France in Euro 2004
Old 18 Feb 2004, 22:33 (Ref:878757)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You dare even speak about "FOOTBALL" on this forum ..... Its a puff's game !!!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 22:58 (Ref:878792)   #28
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry from bring it up, but that games is going to hugh and for some people including myself it is also quite important........
Old 19 Feb 2004, 06:34 (Ref:879024)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
This could let us think that there will be a big screen on the square Village again...
Old 19 Feb 2004, 16:34 (Ref:879489)   #30
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Indy is really not a problem as there is a bus from outside the gate , free . The outside I find At Tetre Rouge is better for viewing as you catch them coming in from the esse's , yasee more .
What is access to the straight like though?
Only spectator enclosure i have ever seen is at the corner before it.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 18:06 (Ref:879555)   #31
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm tryin to find out where this Champagne bar is ? Maybe I know it but just didnt realise it
Maison Blanche and the Porsche Curves
Head off again up the hill past the Dunlop bridge back to the infield via the big tunnel next to the new motor museum (not the site of the old museum marked on some maps on the infield). This will bring you to the 'village' area a place full of activity and (importantly) containing both the Grand Marnier crepe stall and the Champagne tent. Wander down though the jumble of food stalls and merchandising to the road behind the pits area. Once past the back of the pits you descend back under the pedestrian tunnel (you will not be allowed to walk through the nearby vehicle tunnel) and emerge next to the main entrance and the ACO shop. Pop in and purchase your "Tee-Shirt-Officiel" before you continue down through the paddock area to the Ford Chicane. The paddock is always an interesting mix of cars from support races and the annual historic parade that precedes the start of the race. Press on through the Maison Blanche campsite as far as the Porsche Curves. This is the furthest anti-clockwise outfield viewing location reached without going out of the circuit boundary.

http://www.clubarnage.com
Old 19 Feb 2004, 18:08 (Ref:879558)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You mean the Mulsanne ? You can get there but you have to do a lot of hiking . As previously mentioned on another thread , it would be irresponsible to post any info of this on the web . Anyway , its not such a great place to be , you couldnt stick that kinda noise for long .
However , you can legaly get about a mile down the Mulsanne on the inside of the track . Near the roundabout .
Old 20 Feb 2004, 09:08 (Ref:880193)   #33
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
No, i would like to try to get to view from the Indi straight or the run down from the arnage complex towards the Porcshe curves from somewhere other than the banked mound (general entry).
Old 20 Feb 2004, 09:50 (Ref:880225)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilgrimage
No, i would like to try to get to view from the Indi straight or the run down from the arnage complex towards the Porcshe curves from somewhere other than the banked mound (general entry).
Lots of private properties and gendarmes in this area...
Old 20 Feb 2004, 11:03 (Ref:880283)   #35
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
thought as much - disappointing though.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 15:04 (Ref:880506)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Anyway , its not such a great place to be , you couldnt stick that kinda noise for long .

You're kidding?

The restaurants on the Mulsanne at night are the most wonderful place to be - or used to be - when you could hang over the gates and watch the cars blasting past.

Noise? Never worried me. The fact that I'm totally deaf now has nothing to do with it.....
Old 20 Feb 2004, 16:49 (Ref:880604)   #37
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Very true Ayse. I remember standing on a very thin and small wall(with half a dozen people on it max) as a youngster with nothing between me and the mulsanne but a six foot drop off the wall. very dnagerous i know now, but something i will never forget. I yearn for more too!!!!....
What was that you say??
Old 20 Feb 2004, 16:53 (Ref:880608)   #38
Dunnes
Rookie

Dunnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wahoooooo sounds great to me, thanks for all your replies.

Gonna get trip to Kirkistown and Nutts corner (Irish Rallycross stages) outta the way first before we decide to book anything...another excuse for travel to a European country.
I think booking a flight and taking a tent will do for now... the rest can be bought!! I like the sound of cheap beer (did some one say cheap or am i dreaming?) maybe pass on the whole Tuna.

General entry tickets for me i reckon, a nice little chair, a nice little crate of beer and red bull to keep me awake....... oh hell has Red Bull been banned in France? can u take your own beer into the track???? i feel my great plans are just about to fall apart in front of me....

Cheers
Mike
Old 21 Feb 2004, 08:29 (Ref:881167)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dunnes
has Red Bull been banned in France?
Banned ? Why ? But I don't know if Red Bull is sold in the supermarkets...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunnes
can u take your own beer into the track????
Yes !
Old 21 Feb 2004, 09:55 (Ref:881225)   #40
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull original is banned in France, I understand its because it has a high Taurine content or i maybe because it tastes horrid , I may be wrong but it should not be promoted there either. There are other versons that may be available or you can get Dark Dog, a similar vile drink that keeps you awake.

As for taking beer into the track,Fab is right, you can in a can! Strictly speaking you should not 'walk around' holding a glass bottle of the stuff, you can on the other hand sit down & drink it.

The same applies in the UK now I belive, as it is anti social and very naughty, there are loads of little laws like this now in the UK, God help you you if you get caught in Manchester, may lead to a right old kicking from the boys in blue.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:15 (Ref:881239)   #41
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
This could let us think that there will be a big screen on the square Village again...
the only good point I see in it ...
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:30 (Ref:881347)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Beer? That's that yellow/brown stuff you drink if you can't afford champagne, isn't it......?

Old 21 Feb 2004, 20:34 (Ref:881523)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Red Bull original is banned in France, I understand its because it has a high Taurine content or i maybe because it tastes horrid , I may be wrong but it should not be promoted there either. There are other versons that may be available or you can get Dark Dog, a similar vile drink that keeps you awake.
What is Red Bull, BTW ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
As for taking beer into the track,Fab is right, you can in a can! Strictly speaking you should not 'walk around' holding a glass bottle of the stuff, you can on the other hand sit down & drink it.

The same applies in the UK now I belive, as it is anti social and very naughty, there are loads of little laws like this now in the UK, God help you you if you get caught in Manchester, may lead to a right old kicking from the boys in blue.
Notice that it's theoricaly forbidden (I think it's on the tickets), but I took some wine bottles for the TT meeting last years and had no problem... I think it may be mainly a question of behavior, but seeing some 'boose tripers'... and the beer walls...
Old 21 Feb 2004, 23:23 (Ref:881606)   #44
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bull!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
What is Red Bull, BTW ?
An alleged `energy drink', has caffiene and some possibly `mind altering' (just kidding) flavorings. Frankly, I prefer straight Gin.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 23:34 (Ref:881611)   #45
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What not to say, well you know the rest . . . . .

This is a continuation of a series started on the L-M 2004 entry thread. I feel it is more useful here.

:confused: :confused:

What (not) to say in France, #12 of 24:

What you said: We are late

What they heard: Oui Arlette

What it means: Yes Arlette

What you should say: Nous sommes en retard

Old 22 Feb 2004, 00:29 (Ref:881633)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Surely that is a statement questioning someone's intelligence - we're all a bunch of retards...... Well, when we've been on the yellow/brown champagne substitute, that is.....
Old 23 Feb 2004, 15:15 (Ref:882857)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
You're kidding?

The restaurants on the Mulsanne at night are the most wonderful place to be - or used to be - when you could hang over the gates and watch the cars blasting past.

Noise? Never worried me. The fact that I'm totally deaf now has nothing to do with it.....
LMAO@Ayse ..... It is a great place to be but what I ment to say was , I couldnt stand more than a few hours of being down there cuz I would probably start opperating at the same frequency as the bloody engine . Best Chineayse in the world tho !!!
Old 23 Feb 2004, 16:06 (Ref:882902)   #48
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Here we go, AGAIN!

What (not) to say in France, #13 of 24:

What you said: He speaks German

What they heard: Il se pique Germaine

What it means: he/it pricks himself/itself German

What you should say: il parle allemand

Old 23 Feb 2004, 21:26 (Ref:883269)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Best Chineayse in the world tho !!!

I love Chinese food, but I've never eaten it in France. I have eaten in the Restaurant des 24 Heures, but that was back in '88 before it became the "Shanghai des 24 Heures" - a little sad, I thought.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 23 Feb 2004 at 21:26.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 09:53 (Ref:883748)   #50
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilgrimage
No, .....<snip>...or the run down from the arnage complex towards the Porcshe curves from somewhere other than the banked mound (general entry).
and now the British marshals in that area (poste 106b see http://www.marshalspost.com/circuit/53.html) have been warned about your plans...

Seriously though, the views from Arnage to Porsche curves are not that fantastic, dunno why I keep going back there year after year

Last year we managed an evening on 115 - Porsche curves entry - now that's a view I'd pay to repeat