Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Apr 2004, 23:33 (Ref:932909)   #1001
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
Personally, I still feel that the LMES is hurting the ALMS. It gves teams like Pescarolo, RFH, Zytek, and Courage no reason to come to North America.
Yes, and they'd been such stalwart NA competitors prior to the LMES creation...

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 7 Apr 2004, 00:54 (Ref:932935)   #1002
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 of the 3 teams never even raced in the ALMS before, and one of them (pescarolo) last race was at sebring in 2001!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 03:18 (Ref:932991)   #1003
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote Paul:
Yes, and they'd been such stalwart NA competitors prior to the LMES creation...

My Response:
Yes, I know, but at least before there was a chance that they might come. Now, with the ELMS, there is absolutely no reason to do so. Quite frankly, with the creation of the ELMS and the new set of rules, I think the ALMS is in big trouble.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 05:13 (Ref:933011)   #1004
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
at least before there was a chance that they might come. Now, with the ELMS, there is absolutely no reason to do so. Quite frankly, with the creation of the ELMS and the new set of rules, I think the ALMS is in big trouble.
Those teams are too poor to race in NA. They could barely afford the LMES : PEscarolo is in only for Monza...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 06:25 (Ref:933033)   #1005
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A bit of driver news from DSC - Spinnaker by Clandesteam Ricardo Agusta, Marco Cioci and Almo Coppelli. Now this is the line up for the LMES race at Monza, but one would think it'll be there line at Le Mans too.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 06:35 (Ref:933042)   #1006
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
A bit of driver news from DSC - Spinnaker by Clandesteam Ricardo Agusta, Marco Cioci and Almo Coppelli. Now this is the line up for the LMES race at Monza, but one would think it'll be there line at Le Mans too.
Im dissapointed about the driver line up for this car !!!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 06:52 (Ref:933052)   #1007
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Im dissapointed about the driver line up for this car !!!
Better two Dallaras than one : if the price to pay is three paying drivers, well...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 10:03 (Ref:933203)   #1008
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The Pescarolo "Pescarolo" looks teriffic in white .

Remember back in the early 90's when Peugeot raced the 905B , and how dirty from carbon fibre brake dust it looked after the race ..... I just hope they decide to leave this sexy car white !!! I reckon the nose is more scolloped too .

Lovely looking car indeed

Last edited by The Badger; 7 Apr 2004 at 10:11.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:24 (Ref:933274)   #1009
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why the ..... is there a second WR before the Konrad Saleen....are they insane? IMO it was an insult in the first place to NOT let Konrad in, let alone that they didn't accept any Saleen, but now they place 'em after a SECOND WR? How unbelievable is that?

Last edited by EliseGT1; 7 Apr 2004 at 11:25.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:29 (Ref:933278)   #1010
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Waht does the fact that the ACO is acting illogically and irrationally have to do with the LMES? Personally, I still feel that the LMES is hurting the ALMS. It gves teams like Pescarolo, RFH, Zytek, and Courage no reason to come to North America.
If there would have been no LMES, would these teams have had a good reason to go to ALMS? Can you explain? :confused:
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:50 (Ref:933304)   #1011
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
The Pescarolo "Pescarolo" looks teriffic in white .

Remember back in the early 90's when Peugeot raced the 905B , and how dirty from carbon fibre brake dust it looked after the race ..... I just hope they decide to leave this sexy car white !!! I reckon the nose is more scolloped too .

Lovely looking car indeed
where can you see it?
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:50 (Ref:933305)   #1012
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
More to the point why SHOULD North America be the only viable choice for European prototype teams.

The ALMS is fantastic and deserves to succeed, 2004 was always going to be difficult with the LMES getting the full backing of the ACO but there are pleasant surprises to come on the other side of the pond as the season gets underway.

In the years to come we might well see LMES and ALMS complementing each other. IMHO that scenario gives a better option for the creation of some form of world championship than the FIA GTs 'going global'
Old 7 Apr 2004, 11:59 (Ref:933326)   #1013
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones

Wow.

Strong line-up......

Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:18 (Ref:933355)   #1014
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
where can you see it?
Check the LMES thread... I posted a link to a forum where a pic was scanned on "Le Maine Libre"...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:20 (Ref:933361)   #1015
19dodge
Veteran

the Konrad Saleen is before the WR in the reserve list. thats what DSC stated
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:21 (Ref:933366)   #1016
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
the Konrad Saleen is before the WR in the reserve list. thats what DSC stated
If it's accurate, it's good news ; but the Saleen is still fourth behind RFH, TVR and Seikel...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:50 (Ref:933420)   #1017
19dodge
Veteran

Autosport is reporting that the 3rd CARE ferrari will be withdrawn, since there is no team to run it. Oreca will run it only if there is a 2nd car to run (he wants to run a 2 car team, not a 1 car team) so it will most likely be 3 CARE 550's at LM only (Larbre, and the 2 Prodrive entries) if the ACO knew this before they set the entry, im sure 2 saleens would have been in the field! uhh its so annoying (but konrad would be 3rd on the reserves then, so maybe theres some hope)
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:54 (Ref:933429)   #1018
19dodge
Veteran

ohh and this would mean that the 2nd RFH is in. (nothing 100% offical yet, but from the article, it looks like that car will withdraw for sure)
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:56 (Ref:933433)   #1019
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With luck, if things go on like this, my Daewoo could be on the grid come June.........
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:02 (Ref:933442)   #1020
19dodge
Veteran

yeah. 4 withdraws in less than a week!(usually the first week is the week that this stuff happens, but never this many entries withdrawing)

we just need 3 more withdraws to get Konrad in now. hehe (or the aco may let him in if they are fast at the test day, and another GT team is slow- the ACO cant afford to have only 8 GTS cars on the grid! the LMES monza race even has 9! lol)

Last edited by 19dodge; 7 Apr 2004 at 13:03.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:05 (Ref:933445)   #1021
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To Aysedasi:

I cleared my 10/10ths Inbox....sorry about that...my office inbox is just as bad....

I hope you could help the forum people I e-mailed you about....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:06 (Ref:933446)   #1022
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That'll be the Day--ooo!!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:10 (Ref:933448)   #1023
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Those teams are too poor to race in NA. They could barely afford the LMES : PEscarolo is in only for Monza...

I agree with paul-collins and Fab on this one...

RfH, Courage, and Pescarolo don't have the cash to do a Trans-Atlantic racing operation.....and I don't think the LMES is hurting the ALMS....

We all knew 2004 would be a transition year....the ALMS will do just fine over here...

Personally, I see OWRS road racing fans (who hate the IRL) coming over to ALMS as fans....and some of those teams doing the same....

But that's just MHO...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:45 (Ref:933483)   #1024
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
With luck, if things go on like this, my Daewoo could be on the grid come June.........
LMAO ..... Do three wheelers qualify ?
Old 7 Apr 2004, 14:53 (Ref:933546)   #1025
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much as I would love to see Aysedasi's Daewoo at full chat on the circuit, there is a paddock full of Grp C cars just waiting to fill any vacant spots.