Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Dec 2009, 22:06 (Ref:2592546)   #1
brianyoung
Rookie

Scotland
Manchester, England
brianyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
North West Libre Sports and Saloons 2010???

Having made the switch from Single Venue rallying to circuit racing this weekend at Anglesey's Winter Race Day, I was intrigued to hear a rumour that there may be a push for North West Sports and Saloons to run next year.

I had shown interest in this series earlier this year although it was abandoned due to lack of interest I believe?

Diz, can you confirm any plans to attempt to run the series next year, as if so I can assure you I am most definitely in after a thoroughly enjoyable weekend at Anglesey despite gettign intimite with the 'Church' tyrewall!!

I look forward to some discussion.

Topic open!

Regards, Brian.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 00:03 (Ref:2592595)   #2
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
................ this weekend at Anglesey's Winter Race Day, I was intrigued to hear a rumour that there may be a push for North West Sports and Saloons to run next year.
Brian

It seemed like a good plan for 2009, as it always works well and is well supported at the Anglesey Winter Meetings.
The plus for the AWM is that the season is over and some people haven't had enough and will play out some more.
The negative as far as trying to run NWLSS at Northern circuits is that in season, it just won't work. Drivers have their own series to run in and the budget won't spread to extra meetings, or date clashes prevent them doing these extra meetings.
Sad, but true.
I think it is a wonderful concept and it would take me back 30 odd years when this sort of class was more common place.

If you remember when NWLSS was announced there was a full page lead in Autosport.
How many enquiries do you think that generated?
More than ten, less than fifty, more than one hundred?
Stop guessing. I received exactly zero enquiries.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2592871)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I believe you drive an XR2? Two suggestions for a suitable championship:

BARC NW Sports/saloons:

http://www.barc.net/regional_centres...west/champ.php

BRSCC XR Challenge:

http://www.fordracinguk.com/xr.html
Old 2 Dec 2009, 18:08 (Ref:2592975)   #4
brianyoung
Rookie

Scotland
Manchester, England
Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the XR2 I own has been too heavily modified to be easily converted to a spec suitable for the XR challenge, however I am aware of the Northern Sports and Saloons based at Croft. It is one option.

I had been looking at the CSCC Tin Tops series, although am not sure I fancy several fairly long trips to Snetterton.

Something Northwest based would have been awesome, as my work is closely involved with North West Formula Ford and Oulton and Anglesey are awesome circuits, both close to home.

I suppose Northern Sports and Saloons is the closest alternative unless you know of any other similar series?

Regards, Brian.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2592980)   #5
brianyoung
Rookie

Scotland
Manchester, England
Just looked at your BARC NW link, and realised it is somethign I was not aware of.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!

Many thanks.

Brian
Old 4 Dec 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2594271)   #6
HornetVtwin
Rookie

United Kingdom
Huntingdon
HornetVtwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Brian

I have sent you a PM with some information on a Series you may be interested in
Old 5 Dec 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2594435)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianyoung View Post
Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the XR2 I own has been too heavily modified to be easily converted to a spec suitable for the XR challenge, however I am aware of the Northern Sports and Saloons based at Croft. It is one option.

I had been looking at the CSCC Tin Tops series, although am not sure I fancy several fairly long trips to Snetterton.

Something Northwest based would have been awesome, as my work is closely involved with North West Formula Ford and Oulton and Anglesey are awesome circuits, both close to home.

I suppose Northern Sports and Saloons is the closest alternative unless you know of any other similar series?

Regards, Brian.
I agree that CSCC is rather Southern-biassed, but in the overall scheme of things Snetterton isn't too bad - doesn't realistically take us much longer to get there (from North of Manchester) than to Brands - and apart from Oulton which is an hour away, every circuit we go to is at least 2.5 - 4 hours away, so an extra hour or so doesn't make much difference over a weekend. It does make me laugh when the Southerners moan about how far it is to Anglesey or Oulton, though....

Can't speak for Tin Tops, but our CSCC series - Future Classics - is a good friendly way to spend your weekends.....
Old 7 Dec 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2595364)   #8
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
and apart from Oulton which is an hour away, every circuit we go to is at least 2.5 - 4 hours away)
Anglesey can't be that far for you, surely. And CSCC also has Cadwell for those of a Northerly disposition!

Clubs can't help the fact that most of the circuits are actually in the Midlands or the South, or that Croft has its noise problems, or that Oulton can largely only be used for racing on saturdays. A pity that Aintree seems to be the preserve of the 1 hp crowd.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2595492)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Anglesey can't be that far for you, surely. And CSCC also has Cadwell for those of a Northerly disposition!

Clubs can't help the fact that most of the circuits are actually in the Midlands or the South, or that Croft has its noise problems, or that Oulton can largely only be used for racing on saturdays. A pity that Aintree seems to be the preserve of the 1 hp crowd.
Anglesey is 2.5 hours by car, longer when towing....worth it, though

Of course I understand that clubs can only race where the circuits are.....but 3 races out of 9, (plus the test day) at Snetterton which is a fair old trail (210 - 240 miles depending on route....4.5 hours at least, whichever way) is more than I'd wish for....its as near to go to Knockhill....but I can imagine the grids we'd get if CSCC held a round there