Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3103349)   #1826
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Running in WEC doesn't mean LMP1. They could enter the Corvette GT2 under the Chevrolet Europe banner. However that's very unlikely.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3103353)   #1827
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if they had the necessity to promote the corvette also in europe market they would join LMS in the past and currently the WEC. I mean the P&M work team. Also ex private GT1 team like pka, SRT, DKR, luc alphand etc... received help from P&M only if they were paying for official drivers.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3103355)   #1828
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
if they had the necessity to promote the corvette also in europe market they would join LMS in the past and currently the WEC. I mean the P&M work team.
You do know where the P&M team and crew is based right!?

P&M was one of the teams who applauded the cancellation of the test day, because it was so expensive to have the entire team shipped out for so long.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3103357)   #1829
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
You do know where the P&M team and crew is based right!?

P&M was one of the teams who applauded the cancellation of the test day, because it was so expensive to have the entire team shipped out for so long.
what does this mean? khron team is based in USA too and last year (surely the same this year) however ran the european and asian rounds.
P&M runs the team but is financed by corvette (and the sponsors) they are paid to do this, not the reverse! they wish the cancellation of the test just because their main focus is ALMS and don't need to do a test of a race, that is important, but not their main season objective. I think that also private european teams would prefer to save money and not run in the test day.
PS. new hudson is the place. End of discussion.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3103361)   #1830
alexkiller8
Veteran

i think that if GM won't pay them a huge amount of money, i guess that P&M wouldn't be intersted at all in racing cars, since they project and build hardware for US army.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3103370)   #1831
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Now that Chevrolet will retire from the WTCC, could RML start a works COrvette programme at the WEC?

I doubt it, Larbre has won GTE Am two years running at Le Mans and it's not like GTE Pro gets any significant coverage in WEC, especially with talks of increased P1 Manufacturer involvement in the future.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 01:10 (Ref:3146890)   #1832
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the merger of ALMS and Grand Am, where will Corvette Racing go? Is there a move to WEC in their future? I think many of us have been hoping they would go a little more international.

DK
Old 6 Oct 2012, 01:45 (Ref:3146893)   #1833
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
With the merger of ALMS and Grand Am, where will Corvette Racing go? Is there a move to WEC in their future? I think many of us have been hoping they would go a little more international.

DK

Nope.

L.P.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 01:45 (Ref:3146894)   #1834
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

DK
They will stay in North America, if the rules are static for the category.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 07:12 (Ref:3146936)   #1835
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

DK
yes please! corvette to wec! followed by viper they would be great additions, and the wec could use some more gt cars. No sense wasting these efforts on grand alms, especially if they are forced to put conti tires on. But Scott A. will do everything in his power to keep them in NA
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3146957)   #1836
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
They will stay in North America, if the rules are static for the category.
I reckon so too , but I sincerly hope to see Corvette represented in the WEC in the Pro class . I was hoping to see Larbre have a car in both class's , but that died a death sadly .

But they dont really seem to have a handle on that car either .

Be good to see Viper in the WEC too ..... maybe Larbre back to them as they had some great years with that mark .

From what I understand , the Corvette is probably the most expensive GTE car out there ?

What about Blackswan racing .....
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3146964)   #1837
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure Black Swan will really want a GTE now there's no -Am class....

Larbre have no hold on the Vette? Their success seems to indicate otherwise (numptyness has cost them 2 wins tho...)
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3146967)   #1838
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Not sure Black Swan will really want a GTE now there's no -Am class....

Larbre have no hold on the Vette? Their success seems to indicate otherwise (numptyness has cost them 2 wins tho...)
Yeah , maybe I was being a bit hasty with that comment .....
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3146975)   #1839
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Could have been....I know Larbre has been a pretty damn good outfit over the years and they'd be the best option to be the Euro based Pro Vette team but as long as the factory goes to Le Mans there won't be serious input from GM to make that happen.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3146983)   #1840
The Badger
Veteran

I dont see that point at all Mitch . Corvette will get their entry , always have done , as a works outfit . A full WEC pro entry would be another guranteed entry .
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3146984)   #1841
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
I don't mean that sorry Badger, remember how hard of a time Pacific Motorsports had to get the latest GT1 stuff for their C5R they had? Let's not forget the struggle they had in trying to and failing to get a C6R....
Old 6 Oct 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3146993)   #1842
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The GT fight in the WEC doesn't yet have the prestige attached to it to warrant GM setting up a satellite team. More manufacturers need to be there for that to happen. Until then, as others have said, getting the shot at Le Mans is worth more.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3146995)   #1843
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
With the C7 being shown off in about 3 months time, how long till we see the C7R? I think Aston Martin, Porsche, Ferrari, and BMW will be appealing for Vette.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3146996)   #1844
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
According to P&M themselves they're already working on C7R.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3147003)   #1845
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If someone asked GM to race a Corvette in the WEC, would they not allow them?

As it stands now, I think it is sensible for Corvette Racing to stick to Grand-ALMS and visit Le Mans every June.

I think it would be more interesting if in the GTE class, other manufacturers adopted the idea of Ferrari/Porsche/GT3 mentality of sales to privateers, though that does not seem economically feasible as things stand. What may cause some hesitancy to the whole issue is the desirability of GT3 to privateers... Which kinda gets back to the problem of there being two GT classes but that horse has been beat to death.

I've also always liked that a French team has run big V8 cars across the pond. It seems so out of place. Kinda like Oreca and the Vipers.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3147062)   #1846
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
I don't mean that sorry Badger, remember how hard of a time Pacific Motorsports had to get the latest GT1 stuff for their C5R they had? Let's not forget the struggle they had in trying to and failing to get a C6R....
Yeah , but there has been lots of private C6R GT1 doing the rounds , even when Corvette were in GT1 ..... Larbre have 2 , I reckon with attention to finances , Corvette will supply anyone who can afford to run one .
Old 6 Oct 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3147117)   #1847
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yeah , but there has been lots of private C6R GT1 doing the rounds , even when Corvette were in GT1 ..... Larbre have 2 , I reckon with attention to finances , Corvette will supply anyone who can afford to run one .

Yep!

L.P.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3147119)   #1848
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I dont see that point at all Mitch . Corvette will get their entry , always have done , as a works outfit . A full WEC pro entry would be another guranteed entry .
Alphand always seemed get entries also.

L.P.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3147218)   #1849
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
With the C7 being shown off in about 3 months time, how long till we see the C7R? I think Aston Martin, Porsche, Ferrari, and BMW will be appealing for Vette.
Doug Fehan of Corvette Racing confirmed at the Road America ALMS that they would not race the C7 until 2014.

David

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 6 Oct 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3147223)   #1850
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Well that's a long way off.