Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which team will win first?
BAR 22 38.60%
Toyota 30 52.63%
BMW 3 5.26%
None of them will ever win a race! 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1372438)   #1
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which team will win first? Toyota, BAR, or BMW?

My money is on BAR-Honda with Rubens Barrichello behind the wheel of the victorious machine.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:08 (Ref:1372439)   #2
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money is on Toyota, with Ralf Schumacher, and i think it will happen before the close of the season.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1372441)   #3
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
curnel mustard, in the study, with a lead pipe.

oops wrong thread
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:12 (Ref:1372443)   #4
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money is safe at the bank, but anyway, I think BAR can do it this year, if McLaren and Renault and Ferrari fail to finnish a race.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1372450)   #5
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini
curnel mustard, in the study, with a lead pipe.

oops wrong thread

What are the odds that all six cars fielded by those teams will fail to finish? BAR can beat the 2005 Ferrari in a straight fight on occassion and Button often can beat Renault's Fisichella. Can it beat the McLarens (well, the lone McLaren that finishes ) and Alonso, though? Has it done so in any race this year?
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:22 (Ref:1372455)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great thread VilleneuveTracy. I would go along with BAR, Toyota were strong at the start of system, fats and consistent, but I think this was mainly down to Mclaren and the other teams struggerling at the start of the season.
Williams very much doubt it.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:22 (Ref:1372456)   #7
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Bar has a good car for the firts third of every race, but after the first pit stop they tend to dissappear, but I think they have good drivers, and a good engine, so who knows, maybe they can get that win before we all imagine.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:35 (Ref:1372465)   #8
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
Thanks, Luke. Of course, the thread would surely have been better if I said "BMW, with Jacques Villeneuve behind the wheel of the victorious machine" in the initial post.

I think BAR is arguably the third fastest team right now. I wouldn't be surprised if it won this year but I think it is unlikely that anyone other than McLaren, Ferrari, and Renault will win this year. There are few races left and you would think the also-ran teams have, for all intents and purposes, given up developing their 2005 packages in favor of working on their 2006 packages.

Tally thus far

BAR-Honda-3
Toyota-1
BMW-0
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:55 (Ref:1372473)   #9
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If BAR is the third best car, why do you think that Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault all have a chance of winning a GP this year, and they dont?

I dont think BAR will win this year, no chance at all.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 01:22 (Ref:1372483)   #10
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"BMW, with Jacques Villeneuve behind the wheel of the victorious machine"

Can I double my money adding it will be at the Australian GP 2006?
Old 5 Aug 2005, 01:38 (Ref:1372487)   #11
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
Quote:
If BAR is the third best car, why do you think that Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault all have a chance of winning a GP this year, and they dont?
Ferrari may win again this year if Bridgestone has superior tires at another grand prix this year. BAR will not able to record a fluke tire win because it is on Michelins.

Quote:
"BMW, with Jacques Villeneuve behind the wheel of the victorious machine"
Can I double my money adding it will be at the Australian GP 2006?
How cool would that be? Imagine the reaction on here.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 01:48 (Ref:1372488)   #12
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think both Toyota and BAR are poised to repeat what Williams did last year and take the last of the season.

Come China Alonso will have the title sewn up allowing Renault and McLaren to ease off in the development stakes, letting the other teams through.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 02:25 (Ref:1372494)   #13
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleneuveTracy
How cool would that be? Imagine the reaction on here.
It's night in the UK and the mods are apparently all sleeping. Let's imagine this lovely scenario for one moment. As JV gets the chequered flag, I see the jaws of KB, Booth, Knowlesy, Joe Rossi, Glen, Quicksilver etc. falling; you, Kirk, Mr. V and myself racing to our respective computers starting victorious threads praising JV; Poor Adam working frantically on his computer closing my inflammatory threads; my warning level indicator getting wild; funny smilies, etc.

However, this, my friend, might never happen...
Old 5 Aug 2005, 02:27 (Ref:1372495)   #14
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Should I prove to be wrong with my above reasoned prediction, I would think that BAR is the more likely next non-Renault / McLaren / Ferrari winner of a GP.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 02:29 (Ref:1372496)   #15
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
It certainly seems unlikely to happen in 2006. Perhaps JV could pilot a BMW car to a podium next year, though? It would take a bit of luck to happen but it is at least somewhat possible. If it weren't for the Sato incident on lap 1 JV would have finished 4th in Canada in a Sauber and BMW will surely be substantially more competitive than Sauber was.

The JV of 2005 or even the JV of 2002 is not as good as the JV of 1997 or 2000 but I still think he has tremendous talent left, even at age 34. You are familiar with his resume. If he is given an opportunity to drive a competitive car the motivation that made him a champion in IndyCar and F1 should return and I wouldn't be surprised if JV had a DC-like resurgence with BMW next year.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 02:48 (Ref:1372499)   #16
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
The new V8 engines will be a good reshuffle of the cards and BMW, when committed to succeed, were good and fast at developping new engines. I, however, tend to agree with Silk Cut Jaguar that, once this years' driver/constructors championships will have been settled, the door might open to other teams to win a GP by the end of this season. I find Toyota too slow during races, this is why I see BAR as a more likely prospect.

Good night!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 02:50 (Ref:1372500)   #17
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bar or Toyota to win the Suzuka Grand prix Honda have always had a special motor for the event. BMW will struggle they has not done well this year so I can't see them doing any better next year
Old 5 Aug 2005, 05:54 (Ref:1372547)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toyota will win first but not this year.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 06:24 (Ref:1372567)   #19
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll go for Toyota and Ralf Schumacher, but just to please my old friend Ralf fan
Old 5 Aug 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1372634)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm going with Toyota . not this year ..

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Aug 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1372666)   #21
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it is going to happen this year I think it will be Toyota with a handful of luck giving Jarno the win. With the new engines next year I have no idea but I still favour Toyota just over BAR with BMW a distant third.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1372676)   #22
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If one of those teams is going to win a race this year it is going to be Toyota. They will need some luck though.

Next year I rate their chances higher, with the new V8 engines.

I think Jarno Trulli will have the best chance to win a race, closely followed by Ralf.
Jenson (still driving for BAR next year) might finally have a shot at the top step of the podium as well. I think Rubens (who's going to drive for BAR) is going to be on his heels.
Nick (in the BMW) might have an odd chance at the podium with his constant race pace.
If Villeneuve's still in F1 next year he will probably struggle for points, just as this year...
Old 5 Aug 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1372690)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
poll added
Old 5 Aug 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1372692)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
It's night in the UK and the mods are apparently all sleeping. Let's imagine this lovely scenario for one moment. As JV gets the chequered flag, I see the jaws of KB, Booth, Knowlesy, Joe Rossi, Glen, Quicksilver etc. falling; you, Kirk, Mr. V and myself racing to our respective computers starting victorious threads praising JV; Poor Adam working frantically on his computer closing my inflammatory threads; my warning level indicator getting wild; funny smilies, etc.

However, this, my friend, might never happen...
O/T, but couldn't let it lie: Where have I ever criticised Jacques Villeneuve?
Old 5 Aug 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1372697)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going for Toyota, although it was a toss-up between them and BAR. Both seem to currently lack the consistency to win a race, but this season Toyota have been better - they've been on the podium more often, so following that logic they should make the top step first. I think BMW have too much to do - even with the massive amount of funding they'll be putting into Sauber, they're not starting from the same base as they did with Williams, and it took them just over a season to win with Williams.

As for the driver, I'd go for Ralf - not just because he's my favourite driver but because he's won more races than Trulli and is, IMO, more capable of a strong performance over a race distance.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'