Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 May 2001, 10:11 (Ref:88778)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Toyota Dream Team

Hypothetically speaking, if you were in charge of Toyota, and could get anyone you wanted, who would you hire (money no object) to be on the team? What is the F1 Dream Team, drivers, managers, tech guys and so forth.

I'm not sure about the rest of the team, but TGF and Kimmi would be my drivers. MS to develope the car, and kimmi as the young apprentice to take over after his retirement.

Assume nobody is under contract to other teams next year, and all parties would be willing to come over as long as the $$$ were there.
Old 4 May 2001, 10:15 (Ref:88779)   #2
Dooly Tilly
Rookie

Dooly Tilly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
toyota minus dc yes

hopefully after dc gets arse he will become test driver and eventually disapear to mediocrity
Old 4 May 2001, 10:49 (Ref:88787)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know anything about the tech people, but I'd hire McNish and Rubens as pilots. I don't think Salo is going to give them much of a boost although he may be a competent test driver. They might do worse than hire the guy who designed the Minardi chasis though. He seems to get a lot out of a little.
Old 4 May 2001, 15:45 (Ref:88902)   #4
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh, Liz refers to the great Gustav Brunner (read: GOD)... (or does God test drive for Ferrari... damn! )

Anyway, the almighty Brunner was offered a job at Ferrari several years ago, and he flatly refused (big pay and an unlimited budget) in order to stay on at Minardi (buy your own coffee) because he relishhes the challenge... Is that ever a refreshing perspective!!

Anyway, the odds of his being wooed away by Toyota are not good, unless Minardi gets bought out, or otherwise altered.
Old 4 May 2001, 16:06 (Ref:88905)   #5
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would do well then, if you had Brunner and perhaps Hamidy to collaborate on chassis/aerodynamics. Ross Brawn could be your technical director. I would risk Michelin tyres.
You could have Panis and Zonta do your testing, and JV and Michael to do the driving.
Then have it run by EJ, so that everyone can have a little fun whilst crushing the competition.

P.S. of course, you would have Kimi and Fernando tied to one of those long term contracts we've heard so much about, learning the ropes in midfield.
Old 4 May 2001, 16:54 (Ref:88919)   #6
Orange
Racer

Ohhhhhhhh.....

If only!!!!

of course with a team like that, calling it Toyota would be a disgrace... how about Bugatti or Lamborghini or Bentley or... (insert name of automotive lust object here)
Old 9 May 2001, 05:51 (Ref:90609)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I've just been reading this thread and what I want to know is which one of you hijacked Brunner to Toyota - my suspicions fall on the person whose name starts with L and has three letters.
Old 9 May 2001, 15:20 (Ref:90701)   #8
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
I've just been reading this thread and what I want to know is which one of you hijacked Brunner to Toyota - my suspicions fall on the person whose name starts with L and has three letters.
Hmmmm... Very interesting. Seems that someone who is usually content with reporting conspiracies is now creating them!

Last edited by Emfa; 9 May 2001 at 15:21.
Old 9 May 2001, 16:46 (Ref:90725)   #9
Orange
Racer

Hmmmm.... interesting!

So, Liz is using her, erm, forcefull personality on Bernie, to alter the course of F1 events...

If Rico gets a drive next year, then there will be no doubt!
Old 9 May 2001, 17:30 (Ref:90743)   #10
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Lee? Len? Leo? Les? LHR? Liz? LPR? LYM?