Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2000, 21:22 (Ref:16496)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems Sauber will have the re-badged Ferrari engines for at least two more seasons as reported on the Sauber site. So much for the Little Italian Team getting that power source and moving up the grid.
Any thoughts M-Fan on the alternatives? Surely a four year old Ford is out of the question?
Old 10 Jun 2000, 00:04 (Ref:16517)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Honda will be interested in a customer deal when they give the works engines to Jordan? It could happen! But they shouldn't make any deals with Peugeot. Not even for free.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 09:55 (Ref:16560)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Ferrari deal we'd been banking on so heavily. Also looks like as a result Telephonica a re abandoning us to Benetton/renault (apparently also because the cars will be yellow and Telephonica would fit well into their colour sceme - can you BELIEVE that?!!).

This week has been a black one for Minardi. They're a small minnow in a world of increaingly big fish. Bugger.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 12:46 (Ref:16580)   #4
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Toyota ought to use them as a test team for their engines next year, prior to their own arrival in 2002
Old 10 Jun 2000, 13:12 (Ref:16583)   #5
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thinks it's shame for Minardi! That Ferrari engine is a great engine and Sauber hasn't really shown promise the last couple of years. I would of been nice to see if the Minardi chassis is a good as they say. With a descent engine they should be just outiside the top ten or better.

About the Telephonica/Benetton thing, is Mild Seven still gonna sponsor Benetton, if so why are their cars suppose to be yellow next year? Maybe Camel will return, huh? Isn't Mild Seven and Camel from the same company, Japan Tobacco or??? That would explain their yellow livery next year.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 13:25 (Ref:16584)   #6
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are going to be painted yellow because that is Renault's corporate colour. Mild Seven are said to be 'considering' continuing with Renault, but are thought unlikely to continue - Renault themselves are said not to want a tobacco company tarnishing their image, hence the reason that they are courting Telefonica.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 14:53 (Ref:16594)   #7
renniesmill
Rookie

renniesmill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought minardi IS yellow??!!
Old 10 Jun 2000, 15:15 (Ref:16600)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So are you suggesting that Renault should have bought Minardi rather than Benetton? I think not.

Renault is driving the deal and they will insist upon yellow Livery. Minardi will be left to fend for themselves in an ever shrinking pool.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 15:31 (Ref:16604)   #9
renniesmill
Rookie

renniesmill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To EERO:

no, i am not saying renault will buy minardi because it doesn't make sense.

it was said Telefonica will leave minardi for renault because of the yellow colour (used by renault and benetton) will fit their scheme.
i was trying to say surely thats not the reason because minardi is already yellow...
Old 10 Jun 2000, 16:34 (Ref:16606)   #10
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, yes, the only reason why Minardi is yellow is the Telephonica sponsorship.

That's a point: seeing as Telphonica were so keen to promote their brand in south America they employed Mazzacane this year, might it mean that now Pizzoia is now more likley to be driving for Benetton/Renault next year? Just a thought....
Old 12 Jun 2000, 13:28 (Ref:16853)   #11
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

Where is Minardi Fan? Uni? I thought he would of replied by now! Minardi need a good engine and then they are almost all the way.

Ally
Old 12 Jun 2000, 13:43 (Ref:16857)   #12
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Minardi Fan?

Do we care ?
Old 12 Jun 2000, 16:49 (Ref:16880)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why you.......

The Benetton/Telefonica thing happened a week or two back DAMMNIT! It's the latest attempt by nasty Flav to remove Minardi from the grid.

Yes, Sauber are keeping the Ferrari engines, but apparently Ferrari is interested in supplying TWO teams with Petronas engines.

The only reason the Minardi is yellow is because of the Telefonica sponsorship - I believe there is a CART car with the same livery.

Minardi are apparently in with a chance of Supertecs for next year, because Arrows' deal is only for ONE year. Also Prost were interested.

Hey - a rebadged Peugeot engine will be better than a 2 year old Ford Zetec.

DAMN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!