Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Nov 2003, 11:18 (Ref:788053)   #1
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caddy CTS pics for WC

There are some pics of the Caddy World Challenge Car testing at Sebring over at: http://racingfanatics.com/sneakpeakcaddy.htm

Dyson, Corvette, and this new car are testing at Sebring this week. Apparently, Pratt and Miller was able to bring their new toy along. A little birdie caught them in action and snapped a few pics.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 13:03 (Ref:788180)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, but I've twice gone to this site looking for pics after links have been posted about particular cars, but failed to find them. Once I get there, what is the link to the Caddy pics?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dumb.....
Old 19 Nov 2003, 13:05 (Ref:788182)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. Found it now.

All I could see was a touring car..........

Old 19 Nov 2003, 13:31 (Ref:788217)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Caddys a great looking car, are GM gunning for Audi's R6 do you think??
Old 19 Nov 2003, 14:08 (Ref:788261)   #5
Waco Racer
Rookie

Waco Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder who was driving the Caddy. Possibly one of the drivers released by the Corvette team?
Old 19 Nov 2003, 14:45 (Ref:788304)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The picture that has the C5R in it kinda says it all.

GM's taking on the M3! Woo hoo.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Nov 2003, 14:47 (Ref:788305)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This can be called many things....

"Sportscar" is not one of them...

This is a touring car...and Cadillac's new "angular" styling has to be the absolutely, positively, MOST BUTT UGLY styling for any type of vehicle on the planet Earth....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Nov 2003, 14:55 (Ref:788312)   #8
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it´s seemed to old DTM Mercedes C-Klass.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 16:07 (Ref:788384)   #9
Andy Zarse
Rookie

Andy Zarse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
This is a touring car...and Cadillac's new "angular" styling has to be the absolutely, positively, MOST BUTT UGLY styling for any type of vehicle on the planet Earth....
NO!! NO!! I won't have that!!

There's the Austin Princess of 1975.... And the Allegro, TR7 and Maestro. All more hideous than the Caddy's.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 16:44 (Ref:788425)   #10
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I LIKE IT!
good news for the GM racing program, of course it is a speed world challenge GT caddy- yuck- I bet the old Corvette guys are in it- oh World Challenge is gonna be good. 2 Vette in ALMS, 2 Caddies in GT goodie goodie
Old 19 Nov 2003, 17:14 (Ref:788460)   #11
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree with you there World Challenge is going to be awesome next year, if only they broadcast it in Europe...
Old 19 Nov 2003, 17:41 (Ref:788489)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
This can be called many things....

"Sportscar" is not one of them...

Tim, I owe you a beer.

You're a friend for life........

(I was beginning to think I was the only one around here with eyes........ )
Old 19 Nov 2003, 17:58 (Ref:788508)   #13
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the matter i also dont see how u can class that SEAT Toledo GT thing in the spanish GT championship as a sports car

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 19 Nov 2003, 19:08 (Ref:788578)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The SEAT GT has sleek lines and a stance that clearly puts it in the "Sportscar" realm....

The Caddy has a rather boxy roofline, a clear and present "back seat area" that is accessed by sedan doors, which in these pictures have the handles taped over with red tape....

Can't get more "Touring Car" than what you see here with the Caddy

Old 19 Nov 2003, 19:15 (Ref:788586)   #15
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
On the matter i also dont see how u can class that SEAT Toledo GT thing in the spanish GT championship as a sports car
Seat Toledo GT and Seat Cupra GT are two different cars, photo I posted the other day is Seat Cupra Gt and obviously is a GT car. Toledo GT only can run in Spanish Gt´s (and in Spa 24 hours but only after to have a lot of problems to homologate it), is a Silhouette derived car and this, for me and everybody, isn´t a GT.

Last edited by E46; 19 Nov 2003 at 19:15.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 19:19 (Ref:788591)   #16
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that the 'factory' involvement in World Challenge leads to these teams entering ALMS in GT or GTS. You'll have Vipers, CTS-V, M3, RS6, to go along with the Jellybean GT3 Cups and Corvettes. Should be a great season.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 19:58 (Ref:788631)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm saying no more on the subject, because I'll get slated for gaving started another GT/TC argument.......
Old 19 Nov 2003, 20:03 (Ref:788634)   #18
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
My mistake...I thought he was referring to the car that you posted the other day...

I wouldn't know a SEAT Toledo car if it ran over me...

But if it doesn't have the lines of a GT or a GTS-style of car, and has any or many of the traits I described above (like the BMW M3s do as well) then I would call the Toledo a "Touring Car" as well....

My general rule: If it screams "Sedan that you and the Family could pile into for a drive to Grandma's house, it is a 'Touring Car'"...no matter how many skirts you put around the bottom of it, or the size of the wing you put on the back of it...

And Cadillac markets the CTS (from which this is derived) as a "Performance Luxury Sedan"...

Old 19 Nov 2003, 21:58 (Ref:788735)   #19
noise boy 2
Racer

United States
Baltimore, MD USA
noise boy 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I'm saying no more on the subject, because I'll get slated for gaving started another GT/TC argument.......
Ayse, the caddy shown is undoubtedly a touring car, it has 4 doors for the love of pete. There is no way to construe that into a sportscar of any sort. Not to stir that argument up again but that is the first thing I noticed. The second thing that I noticed is that the bodywork looks like it was designed by the same folks who do the absurd body kits for street hondas and the like (especially that rear spoiler). Robert
Old 19 Nov 2003, 22:19 (Ref:788772)   #20
gttouring
Veteran

The Speed GT world challenge seems to be evolving into MegaTourers, big capacity 4 doors in touring shape with GT muscle- sound like OzV8's
Old 19 Nov 2003, 22:24 (Ref:788780)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Then this Caddy is supposed to be like a "Hi-Rev Tuner" for Geezers???

The only people I see driving caddies in the USA are the Senior Citizens in their "Sans-A-Belt" double knit pants...

Are they big fans of the Speed World Challenge???

Just curious...

Old 19 Nov 2003, 22:43 (Ref:788798)   #22
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
looks like a Touring car to me. But at least it's a proper touring car and not one of those wimpy Super Tourers
Old 19 Nov 2003, 23:25 (Ref:788840)   #23
gttouring
Veteran

caddy ants the new Younger BMW demographic into them not geezers-hence the interest in LeMans and SpeedGT now..
Old 20 Nov 2003, 01:48 (Ref:788942)   #24
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently the pics are going to be taken down VERY soon, so get a close look before they're gone, guys...
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 20 Nov 2003, 02:49 (Ref:788988)   #25
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah unfortunately the pics were already taken down when i got to the sight, but the site does mention it will get exclusive pics of the new caddy's unveiling