Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3131579)   #26
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton has done some silly things in his career, but one thing that would surely worry any future employers is his activity on Twitter only last weekend. Who really wants to risk someone in their team leaking confidential data like that, just because they have a 'bad day'?

Anyway, if Lewis is looking for a new drive and has half a brain, he'd be talking to Lotus, Sauber and Williams (in that order) ...

Another view: http://www.pitpass.com/47202-McLaren...-Mercedes-talk

Last edited by phoenix; 5 Sep 2012 at 20:48.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3131590)   #27
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In all fairness, Eddie broke the Schumacher to return news early, i remember it well, i got so excited...
Old 5 Sep 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3131593)   #28
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
if schuy can not win at merc what chance does Hamilton have of get top three results ????
well he does have about 20 years in his favour
Old 5 Sep 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3131623)   #29
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just don't see Hamilton, who secretly wants to be a rock star I'm sure, fitting in to a highly disciplined environment like Mercedes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but his lack of any sort of responsible team ethic is the most un-Germanic attribute imaginable. I think it's all about Simon Fuller's plan to make him a global icon, like a sort of Speedy Spice.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3131633)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Most people's opinion is McLaren is the sterile team in the paddock. Probably incorrectly too.
Mercedes GP is a UK company, well really an international company, but you know what I mean. Anyway, working for Mercedes is not the stereotype you may think it is.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3131643)   #31
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I just don't see Hamilton, who secretly wants to be a rock star I'm sure, fitting in to a highly disciplined environment like Mercedes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but his lack of any sort of responsible team ethic is the most un-Germanic attribute imaginable. I think it's all about Simon Fuller's plan to make him a global icon, like a sort of Speedy Spice.
But you could argue that the Mercedes F1 team is about as German as your average Turkish-owned pizzeria. Yeah it may have a German coat of paint but save for the fat guy eating in the corner (and another patron or two) a look in the kitchen leaves you with the feeling that it's decidedly not. It would be a world of difference to say, working in a proper, Italian-owned pizzeria. Technically the latter might be classier but you know what you get with the first one, and many people like it. Could go for one myself right now, to be honest.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3131645)   #32
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
But you could argue that the Mercedes F1 team is about as German as your average Turkish-owned pizzeria. Yeah it may have a German coat of paint but save for the fat guy eating in the corner (and another patron or two) a look in the kitchen leaves you with the feeling that it's decidedly not. It would be a world of difference to say, working in a proper, Italian-owned pizzeria. Technically the latter might be classier but you know what you get with the first one, and many people like it. Could go for one myself right now, to be honest.
I agree.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3131661)   #33
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post

Old 5 Sep 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3131664)   #34
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Schu to McLaren??
Old 5 Sep 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3131676)   #35
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Schu to McLaren??
Yea there have been talks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x9bjEo0DFE
Old 5 Sep 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3131683)   #36
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
Ron sounds like the godfather making threats!
Old 5 Sep 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3131690)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
The Ron Dennis way.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3131694)   #38
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think Lewis is tired of not getting those wins, and he should be the clear #1 (I agree with that somewhat). But would Mercedes offer that to him? I don't believe this story, I think he's talked to a number of teams, and his future is with McLaren. Ferrari wants someone to 'back up' Alonso. Hamilton won't play 2nd fiddle. Lotus has Raikkonen and it appears he's the 'main guy' and Red Bull is full. Sauber don't have the money for him, neither does Williams. Force India is basically a stepping stone to a top team, and we know about the rest of the grid. So his options are McLaren or potentially Mercedes if Shumacher retires. By the pace of the cars this year I know I'd stay put.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3131699)   #39
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think Lewis is tired of not getting those wins, and he should be the clear #1 (I agree with that somewhat). But would Mercedes offer that to him? I don't believe this story, I think he's talked to a number of teams, and his future is with McLaren. Ferrari wants someone to 'back up' Alonso. Hamilton won't play 2nd fiddle. Lotus has Raikkonen and it appears he's the 'main guy' and Red Bull is full. Sauber don't have the money for him, neither does Williams. Force India is basically a stepping stone to a top team, and we know about the rest of the grid. So his options are McLaren or potentially Mercedes if Shumacher retires. By the pace of the cars this year I know I'd stay put.
The question now is, does McLaren think they need Lewis, or are there better options available?
Old 6 Sep 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3131707)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think they want to keep Hamilton.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 00:31 (Ref:3131717)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The question now is, does McLaren think they need Lewis, or are there better options available?
Unwittingly, Hamilton has probably made it all the more likely that he'll be going elsewhere. I cannot begin to imagine what his race engineer must have thought about his outburst on Saturday night.

He can maybe amend the damage done at this weekends GP. But he's not had an awful lot of luck there, in the recent past. It will not help that the focus of most journalists, when they arrive at Monza, will be that of badgering certain individuals about the long term futures of their careers.

I think that Hamilton, and his management team (?), should have got all of this sorted out a long time ago, and now it appears to have come back to bite him in the ass, at a point in the season that is probably the most critical.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 02:52 (Ref:3131750)   #42
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all about the money. If Merc will pay more so why not drive there? Sounds like MS is going to retire, but I hope not. I wish his car was more reliable to keep things interesting amongst the other champions on the grid. No idea what Lewis's outburst was about. I have been in the bush all week out of any sort of communication.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3131761)   #43
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
By better options, do you mean drivers who are team oriented, don't scream at their engineers over the radio when the team makes a mistake, takes responsibility when they make a mistake, does not moan incessantly, does not get involved in silly incidents or dangerously run into other cars, does not try to get contracts with other teams behind their back and wins when the car is clearly superior?

Yes, I'd imagine there would be a few ...
Old 6 Sep 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3131762)   #44
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
No idea what Lewis's outburst was about.
Which one?
Old 6 Sep 2012, 05:09 (Ref:3131779)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Did anyone ever take notice of anything that eejit ever said or still says?
According to Joe Saward.......

Eddie Jordan is close to Bernie Ecclestone and it is not unusual for EJ to be used to put out stories. So if EJ is saying that Lewis Hamilton is close to signing for Mercedes, one needs to listen. But is it true?

Who knows ?
Old 6 Sep 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3131787)   #46
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
By better options, do you mean drivers who are team oriented, don't scream at their engineers over the radio when the team makes a mistake, takes responsibility when they make a mistake, does not moan incessantly, does not get involved in silly incidents or dangerously run into other cars, does not try to get contracts with other teams behind their back and wins when the car is clearly superior?

Yes, I'd imagine there would be a few ...
So... Maldonado for McLaren then?

Old 6 Sep 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3131808)   #47
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, looks like Puff Daddy Snoop Dog Hamilton is going to take the money and probably relocate to South Central LA.

Alonso,by any measure,is head and shoulders above any other driver on the grid - McLaren should have looked after that guy properly.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3131813)   #48
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
HA HA good point! The diference is surely that our pizzeria is owned and run entirely by the Turkish family whereas, whilst Brackley is as English as Woking, Ross Brawn still has Norbert and the Mercedes board to report to.

Quite what they would have made of this years off-track antics I really don't know.

Having said that there is a rather large Pizza delivery company just around the corner from the Mercedes F1 factory so I'm starting to think you have inside knowledge!
Old 6 Sep 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3131862)   #49
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Did anyone ever take notice of anything that eejit ever said or still says? I've lost count of the amount of stuff he said with 'certainty' that turned out to be crap.
His delivery may be incoherent and confusing, but as has been said by wiser sages than I, more often than not EJ's on the money when it comes to these things. Don't underestimate how well connected within F1 EJ is.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3131863)   #50
kilomike
Rookie

England
Warwick
kilomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Does anybody seriously take any notice of what Eddie says these days?
It was what Bernie said, not Eddie, that is most shocking. Talk about letting the cat out of the bag! :O