Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Mar 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2422074)   #176
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there any chance Seb Bourdais will be able to run Le Mans? He had that big first lap blunder a few years back but certainly looked like the best of the bunch at Sebring.

DK
Old 22 Mar 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2422186)   #177
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Is there any chance Seb Bourdais will be able to run Le Mans? He had that big first lap blunder a few years back but certainly looked like the best of the bunch at Sebring.

DK

??? Any chance ???

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/11330/900/
Old 22 Mar 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2422334)   #178
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
You're right, what a dope I am, I forgot he is already signed up. He certainly looked very good at Sebring and hopefully, can do the same at Le Mans.

DK
Old 23 Mar 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2422465)   #179
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure you're not a dope, dxk1, but I have to admit you had me worried for a moment in case things had changed.
Should be a great struggle at LM in June.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2422581)   #180
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Is there anyone out there keeping a record of who has signed for whom?

There must be plenty like me who don't keep tabs on individual teams and drivers but who have vague memories of team signings. You know: "Did A.Driver sign for B Team or did I imagine it?"

If anyone's kept track and could periodically post a spreadsheet or other list with confirmed seats, I'd be grateful.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 22:30 (Ref:2423123)   #181
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I maintain a list of sorts on my site, based on what I can glean from everywhere else..... Much of is is rumour, counter-rumour, guesswork and several misinformed 'you're having a laugh's......
Old 24 Mar 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2423682)   #182
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Bruno Senna will join Ortelli in the #10 Oreca.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...rance-583.html
Old 24 Mar 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2423772)   #183
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I maintain a list of sorts on my site, based on what I can glean from everywhere else..... Much of is is rumour, counter-rumour, guesswork and several misinformed 'you're having a laugh's......
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for - don't know how I've missed it in the past.

With the latest news via Gwyllion that Bruno Senna will be there, we now have a Mansell, a Prost and a Senna due at LM this year. Has there ever been a race when there have been three or more close relations to former F1 drivers present?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2423803)   #184
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for - don't know how I've missed it in the past.

With the latest news via Gwyllion that Bruno Senna will be there, we now have a Mansell, a Prost and a Senna due at LM this year. Has there ever been a race when there have been three or more close relations to former F1 drivers present?
There was a time when drivers did both GP's and lemans but not really a option now as usually canadian GP and le mans crash. There have been plenty of F1 drivers over the years including a certain German who was with two other later to be F1 drivers although they did not win thier ability was not overlooked and at the time Mr schumaker was clearly something out of the ordinary. Mario Andretti drove at Le Mans for several years and often walked around talking to ordinary fans when his stint/race was finished. villnerve was there last year but not a happy bunny by all accounts.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2423841)   #185
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Perhaps more impressive is the fact that they are all close relations to F1 champions.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2425045)   #186
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
There was a time when drivers did both GP's and lemans but not really a option now as usually canadian GP and le mans crash. There have been plenty of F1 drivers over the years including a certain German who was with two other later to be F1 drivers although they did not win thier ability was not overlooked and at the time Mr schumaker was clearly something out of the ordinary. Mario Andretti drove at Le Mans for several years and often walked around talking to ordinary fans when his stint/race was finished. villnerve was there last year but not a happy bunny by all accounts.
Indeed, I remember Herr Schumacher's first (and I hope last) visit to LM, including the way in which he literally pushed a backmarker out of the way in the Ford chicanes.

I remember too, when there were racing drivers - Sports Cars, GTs, F2, F1, saloons - back in the Fifties and Sixties. For example Jim Clark comes to mind. Today we have racing drivers and F1 prima donnas, who are contractually forbidden to race at places such as LM.

My point was not the lack of F1 drivers, but the presence of their descendants and near relations that's exceptional.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2425048)   #187
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Perhaps more impressive is the fact that they are all close relations to F1 champions.
Indeed! All we need now is Nelson Piquet junior back, and young Mr Rosberg.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2425394)   #188
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Matias Lauda. Hopefully not.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2425742)   #189
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed, I remember Herr Schumacher's first (and I hope last) visit to LM, including the way in which he literally pushed a backmarker out of the way in the Ford chicanes.

I remember too, when there were racing drivers - Sports Cars, GTs, F2, F1, saloons - back in the Fifties and Sixties. For example Jim Clark comes to mind. Today we have racing drivers and F1 prima donnas, who are contractually forbidden to race at places such as LM.

My point was not the lack of F1 drivers, but the presence of their descendants and near relations that's exceptional.
Fortunately they are not all forbidden - Seb Bourdais this year is a good example of someone who loves sportscars, loves Le Mans, and has convinced the powers that be to indulge his love.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 06:21 (Ref:2425868)   #190
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Fortunately they are not all forbidden - Seb Bourdais this year is a good example of someone who loves sportscars, loves Le Mans, and has convinced the powers that be to indulge his love.
Yes - and it's the real drivers who also do Le Mans - Fast Eddie from a few years back for example.

Or is it?

Jacques Villeneuve anyone?
Old 27 Mar 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2426342)   #191
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
In his prime, Jacques was as real a driver as anyone - his early career is filled with displays of his raw, prodigious talent.

Perhaps it says more about what being an incredibly overpaid backmarker in F1 does to someone than anything else.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2426494)   #192
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
In his prime, Jacques was as real a driver as anyone - his early career is filled with displays of his raw, prodigious talent.

Perhaps it says more about what being an incredibly overpaid backmarker in F1 does to someone than anything else.
Fair comment.

However, some former F1 drivers seemed to become better suited to endurance racing as they became older - Mario Andretti for example, and arguably Jacky Ickx. I looked forward to Jacques Villeneuve racing at LM, but have to say that I was disappointed. He should have been a pole setter, but never quite fulfilled the promise.

Had Gilles Villeneuve ever raced at Le Mans, it would surely have been worth watching, but only if you were there before 6pm on Saturday. Rather like Stirling Moss.

Looking at it the other way round (and echoing a thread that ran last year), "The Professor" Alain Prost would be a natural at endurance racing, solely because of his ability to think through a race. Michael Schumacher always seemed to have difficulties in seeing beyond the next corner.

Thought: Do we need a separate thread here?
Old 28 Mar 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2427107)   #193
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
The NAVI magazine(Sponsor of Team Goh) reported Team Goh.
The price of RS Spyder is 100 million and several ten million yen including the spare parts.
The engine is a lease, and the price is decided in proportion to the mileage.
Judging from the engine specs where they explain the engine, it is not DI engine.
The mileage of this chassis until present is 18,000 kilometers.
http://www.webcg.net/WEBCG/essays/oz...17f1eabed2.jpg
http://www.webcg.net/WEBCG/essays/oz...81afe98b7c.jpg
Old 28 Mar 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2427145)   #194
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Fair comment.

However, some former F1 drivers seemed to become better suited to endurance racing as they became older - Mario Andretti for example, and arguably Jacky Ickx. I looked forward to Jacques Villeneuve racing at LM, but have to say that I was disappointed. He should have been a pole setter, but never quite fulfilled the promise.

Had Gilles Villeneuve ever raced at Le Mans, it would surely have been worth watching, but only if you were there before 6pm on Saturday. Rather like Stirling Moss.

Looking at it the other way round (and echoing a thread that ran last year), "The Professor" Alain Prost would be a natural at endurance racing, solely because of his ability to think through a race. Michael Schumacher always seemed to have difficulties in seeing beyond the next corner.

Thought: Do we need a separate thread here?

Well we're certainly way off topic, that's for sure.........
Old 29 Mar 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2428176)   #195
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Fair comment.

However, some former F1 drivers seemed to become better suited to endurance racing as they became older - Mario Andretti for example, and arguably Jacky Ickx.
You may be right about Jackie Ickx but Mario Andretti did most of his endurance winning well before he won his F1 World Championship. He was a Ferrari & Alfa Romeo team regular and won many 1000 km races around the world as well as winning Sebring and Daytona before he won his lone World F1 Championship for Lotus. He never did manage to win at Le Mans. He did actually manage to finish a few Le Mans races later in life, but that was more luck than anything else.

DK
Old 29 Mar 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2428189)   #196
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aysedasi, change for your list, i might be dreaming but wasnt neel jani confirmed in place of marcel fassler in the speedy lmp1? clears up any #64 confusion

also, thomas gruber and alex muller will be in the jetalliance aston
http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/03/...le-mans-is-on/
Old 29 Mar 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2428443)   #197
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks, I tend to only update when I have time to swan around the 'net once a week or so!
Old 29 Mar 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2428514)   #198
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie-1990 View Post
Aysedasi, change for your list, i might be dreaming but wasnt neel jani confirmed in place of marcel fassler in the speedy lmp1? clears up any #64 confusion

also, thomas gruber and alex muller will be in the jetalliance aston
http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/03/...le-mans-is-on/
Well, goodbye to any dreams of Jetalliance victory in the 24. Obviously the funding of both Gruber and Lichtner-Hoyer is necessary to put the car on the track, but 2 gentlemen will never be able to run down the might of Corvette Racing, or even Gigawave and the lead LAA car.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2428567)   #199
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Without Wendlinger and Sharp confirmed and Lichtner Hoyer already confirmed I didnt have much hope for JetAlliance anyway. Has Gigawave made any announcements yet about driver lineup? It would be nice to have Peters/Simonsen in the car.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2429102)   #200
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thanks, I tend to only update when I have time to swan around the 'net once a week or so!
No worries, i guess i just saved you a bit of time then

Hasnt been said here yet, Pescarolo Peugeot drivers will be Jean-Christophe Bouillon, Benoit Treluyer and Simon Pagenaud
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=22640&cat=15

Tags
2009 le mans entries