Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1118442)   #51
eastwyke
Rookie

eastwyke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Nelsons

Quote:
Originally posted by abigail
Thanks to popular demand via PM...

New member eastwyke is an expert in such things being a plastic cockney or mockney = One who is a fake Cockney

Love Abigail xxx
Thanks Abigail I'll give away a few of your secrets if you don't watch out!!!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 22:36 (Ref:1118462)   #52
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by b1ackcr0w
B1ackcr0w = One ov the bottom paddock marshals from Gurston - you're generally going a bit quick to notice me anywhere else!
You forgot to mention Shouting at the drivers in the lower paddock who can't get ready intime !
Old 7 Oct 2004, 22:50 (Ref:1118473)   #53
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh Kelvin you forget us weekend workers get a days off during the week.

But you are correct about today.....Dave K phoned me and told me what you had put, and as my other director was using my desk i had 5 minutes spare. Guilty as charged.

I bet you are excited about your new toy.....if you loose interest i'll come round and play with it for you !. Pete will tell ya i'm tight so i dont wanna pay though. lol
Old 8 Oct 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1118806)   #54
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mcb666

Mines the Red/yellow crash helmet

Dave
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1120524)   #55
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MHCC - Big dinner last Friday

Hold onto your hats folks because here I come......

We were so sorry that we were unable to get to the big dinner on Friday, but the Butler was engaged to host a shooting party by the agency, so we had to go where the money is.

Imagine my surprise when we arrived at what the Butler told me is a hill climb venue, but it looked to me like a vast expanse of impenetrable thistles, bracken and gorse with the odd derelict army building looming upwards through the menacing undergrowth. It seems Madonna’s husband is fond of the area. If someone had told me this could have been the inspiration for locations in the Hound of the Baskervilles, I would have believed them. The only thing missing was the Grimpen Mire. I could scarcely make out the track through the jungle and as the Butler talked the shooting party through the features I noticed that the straight was about as straight as one of my hind legs. Then we got to a spot called Museum and I couldn’t help thinking that is where you would expect to find such a place.

The Butler says it is a lovely venue beloved of clubbies which is idyllic on a June weekend, but I thought it looked a little down at heel in October and I feel sorry for you orange suited boys and girls who have to spend hours at a time up to your waists in some sort of triffid-like shrubbery.

It is the home of a baronet who seemed to be as barking as I am. People were saying that he lost his shotgun license after taking a pot shot at the Bailiffs, but it didn’t stop him taking wild swings at some scrawny old birds with an ancient blunderbuss full of rusty nuts, bolts and rock salt. The pheasants looked a little worried too.

We would much rather have been at the Hundred House where so many of you were dining, but our informants have all the news, so you obviously were not listening hard enough. We hear that several of you were very smartly dressed in evening wear with immaculately coiffed barnets. The ladies were done up to the nines as well! We hear that CrazyStu performed very well on the mike, but you were all disappointed that he did not return later for a rendition of My Way. Is there any truth in the rumour that the next time the search is on for a new James Bond, the talent scouts will be scouring the banks?

Speaking of clothes, we are so pleased to hear that Mr Willem is soon to be in an amateur production of “Joseph and his Technicolor Dream Coat”. Or at least that is what our spies assume from what he was wearing.

Did we hear that during the proceedings a mad old bat invaded the dance floor? We thought all the old buffers were locked up for the night by eleven o’clock. Many of you were grateful to the man in black for fixing the electrics so you could have some entertainment.

Our informants tell us that the hotel staff found a several large bags of sand under one of the tables. The proprietor is asking if someone would kindly claim them soon. If the owners would like to donate them to the needy, we could use them when the Old Buffers repoint the Elizabethan chimneys at the Big House ready for the winter. A couple of bags of Blue Circle would not go amiss and the Butler will travel to collect.

But seriously, our team is so pleased that you all had a lovely time and the Butler is badly disappointed that he could not serve you for the evening.

Love Abigail xxx
Old 10 Oct 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1120586)   #56
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Several large bags of sand? That'd be the drivers returning all the gravel they've been nicking all year!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1120587)   #57
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So you met Sir Michael then, abigail? Well he is quite different isn't he. Strange old cove really. He has had more weddings than Liz Taylor. And as you quite rightly point out one of the wives was Guy Richie's mother, Amber. I think she was the 2nd Lady Leighton. He hit the Sundays on several occasions over the last 20 years with all manner of claims and requests. He also featured on TV last year.
He is lucky to have an established hillclimb on his land as that is his earner. The deer certainly aren't.

So the staff at the Hundred House found the sand then abigail? You are so informed. I thought they might be puzzled at where it had come from..
I think you will find it belongs to the multiple prize winners in Class M who were the recipients of a whole raft of awards.
In fact they won that many prizes they had to leave their Anti Performance Handicappers Blocking Sand behind.
More than enough sand there for the Handymans needs I would have though, abigail. Enough to recreate a stage of the Paris-Dakar.
You could always get that nice local builder who looks like George Roper to do the pointing and let him worry about the sand..
Old 10 Oct 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1120595)   #58
abigail
Racer

Sandbaggers United

Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Several large bags of sand? That'd be the drivers returning all the gravel they've been nicking all year!
Sorry dear Woolley but we think Fireblade has got it right first time. It seems there was quite a bit of good natured banter at that end of the room that you may have missed, especially as a timekeeper was on an adjacent table! If you ever go to a VSCC prizegiving you will hear lots of similar banter.
Love Abigail xxx
Old 10 Oct 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1120602)   #59
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty much like a normal day on the bank, then.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1120997)   #60
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone heard anything new from the HSA Curborough yesterday??
Old 11 Oct 2004, 12:01 (Ref:1121023)   #61
abigail
Racer

Sorry no news from Curborough

James, sorry no news from Curborough and await some avidly but...

One of the dear Old Buffers, one of the youngest of the breed, has been away. Actually he escaped and the white coats (as opposed to the Basil Davenport brown coats) netted him and returned him to the Big House with gossip.

From brief conversations with certain people it has been confirmed that the GR59 is on its way but although all the bits are in existence, the tubs have yet to be made.

Decisions over engine type yet to be made so predictions of fire-breathing forced induction micro-Goulds may prove to be wrong, or way over-the-top. May be that the Mark Budgett car is on the back burner.

Andy Kittle is intending to share with Willem Toet next season, although if that is old gossip please forgive.

Love Abigail
Old 11 Oct 2004, 12:47 (Ref:1121049)   #62
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
Either Mark or Andy Colley got Ftd on a 28.? with Tony Marsh 2nd.
I only called in for 5mins just as it finished.
Weather was dry but cool with 3 practice/2timed runs finished by 5.00 pm
Old 11 Oct 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1121226)   #63
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Curborough times were

Curborough this weekend, the Aldon/HSA
Championship finale.
Much better weather!
Andy Coley beat Tony Marsh (29.72)
and Jim Yardley (29.78) for FTD with a 29.17. Not stinking times, as it was a bit cold, but at least it was sunny this time.

Regards
McB
Old 11 Oct 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1121350)   #64
kelvinjouhar
Rookie

kelvinjouhar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey - a bit of news that was a rumour last week but it was confirmed to me today by Basil Pitt himself - Basil has bought Mike Dean's GR37 Gould.

Peter Smith thought he had a good chance at Gurston next year (with me as the tyre-warmer) but looks like we won't have it all our own way by any means !!

Kelvin
Old 11 Oct 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1121455)   #65
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
How did Mark Coley get on at Curborough? He was having some difficulties at Prescott. From the outside it looked like him not quite getting to grips with the braking, although he reckoned there was a problem with the brakes, so I'll take hime at his word. If Andy's going quicker then the car must be ok now?
Old 11 Oct 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1121509)   #66
Slapper
Rookie

England
Banjo country
Slapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kelvin,
Don't think of yourself as a tyre warmer but as a driver that has a chance before the gurston rain arrives to spoil each meeting!!

D.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 21:05 (Ref:1121522)   #67
Slapper
Rookie

England
Banjo country
Slapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basil did phone me today but i was at work. From the message i knew he had bought a big car but did'nt out whose until this evening. Should make gurston quite interesting next year. Good luck with your new toy Kelvin.

D.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1121575)   #68
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kelvinjouhar
Hey - a bit of news that was a rumour last week but it was confirmed to me today by Basil Pitt himself - Basil has bought Mike Dean's GR37 Gould.

Peter Smith thought he had a good chance at Gurston next year (with me as the tyre-warmer) but looks like we won't have it all our own way by any means !!

Kelvin
So what are Team Moose and Deano gonna be playing with next year then?

hrug: hrug:

Ooooh I love these new smilies....
Old 12 Oct 2004, 05:51 (Ref:1121778)   #69
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info on Deano's car Kelvin! Like Blackx says, I wonder what he will be doing next year. Its not even Christmas and at least 2 of last years top 10 are without a car for next year!

Keep the news coming in!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 20:41 (Ref:1122587)   #70
abigail
Racer

Wi11iam, any news about your car for next season. You went pretty well in your rookie season and we hope you "will" be back!

Speaking of brown coats (earlier post) we hear someone has bought some brown "cow gowns" in order to pay a mass tribute to BHD next season. Bit of advance warning chaps so the old Buffers can have the cameras ready!!

Love Abigail xxx

Last edited by abigail; 12 Oct 2004 at 20:44.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1123158)   #71
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abigail,

No news as yet......although I hope to be out competing next year!!

Will
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:50 (Ref:1123163)   #72
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
Will

Have you sold the reynard yet ?

Dave
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:55 (Ref:1123170)   #73
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
Dave

Im at Uni so not entirely sure, but when I was last at home it was still up for sale. What are you planning on doing next year?

Will
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1123172)   #74
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
I don't know as yet , i fancy a change though.

I've still got the vison sports libre car so that may be an option

Dave

Last edited by DaveK; 13 Oct 2004 at 13:00.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1123180)   #75
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
A step up to the 2 litre class maybe....?? with a car thats incredibly easy to drive, as proved this season, and beautifully presented.

Will
Closed Thread