Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jul 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1960705)   #101
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
In the long term that means we should be in for some cracking races because when more manufacturers eventually do step up then they will have to have cars that can run flat out out for 24 hours as well which should lead to some fantastic racing.

Thats as long as the proposed manufacturers A) Actually materialise with a car. B) The car is competetive and C) If not competetive straight away they will develop it so it becomes so and stick around long enough to make the series great once again!
Old 11 Jul 2007, 15:52 (Ref:1960767)   #102
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Found this heading over on Mariantic

"Autocon will seek entry with new Creation ALMS"
The ALMS bit in the quote is actually a link to this story:-

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=3318

"AUTOCON EYES LIME ROCK, LE MANS WITH CREATION"

Mariantic
Old 11 Jul 2007, 15:58 (Ref:1960774)   #103
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Thats as long as the proposed manufacturers A) Actually materialise with a car. B) The car is competetive and C) If not competetive straight away they will develop it so it becomes so and stick around long enough to make the series great once again!
I think thats what the 2010 rules are all about - The ACO have designed a class to what manufacturers want. We know they have had meetings with manufacturers, we know that they are embracing new and green technology in a way that F1 cant with its one for all rule book, so it makes sense that Le Mans is on the up.

Also the obviously improving profile of ALMS in both awareness and spectator count (If not car count yet) can only help. Lets hope LMS can developthe same profile, with its car count.
Old 12 Jul 2007, 14:43 (Ref:1961636)   #104
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am in agreement Mal. I beleive the way forward for the ACO is to generate more manufacturer interest. This will hpoefully bring more marketing and spectator interest and therefore the series will thrive and hpoefully be seen as the best racing series to be in and watch. I have and always will be a huge sportscar fan and cant wait for the closed top coupes to come back. I feel IMHO the open top cars have been viewed as bigger and slower F1 cars by those who do not know the difference and therefore the spectator numbers have declined in the past but a return to closed prototype racing will engender the Le Mans feel again and the crowds we saw in the eighties for Gp C racing and before will return.
Old 12 Jul 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1961855)   #105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I have and always will be a huge sportscar fan and cant wait for the closed top coupes to come back.
Kindred spirits man, kindred spirits!!
Old 12 Jul 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1961926)   #106
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Kindred spirits man, kindred spirits!!
Thanks Ayse! Sorry to have missed you at the get together at Le Mans this year. Cant wait to see if the future brings the past back to life, so to speak!
Old 12 Jul 2007, 22:37 (Ref:1962007)   #107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess we can always live in hope!
Old 13 Jul 2007, 10:26 (Ref:1962272)   #108
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am in agreement Mal. I beleive the way forward for the ACO is to generate more manufacturer interest. This will hpoefully bring more marketing and spectator interest and therefore the series will thrive and hpoefully be seen as the best racing series to be in and watch. I have and always will be a huge sportscar fan and cant wait for the closed top coupes to come back. I feel IMHO the open top cars have been viewed as bigger and slower F1 cars by those who do not know the difference and therefore the spectator numbers have declined in the past but a return to closed prototype racing will engender the Le Mans feel again and the crowds we saw in the eighties for Gp C racing and before will return.
I agree completely, but as far as i'm aware spectator numbers are still rising (significantly re LM).
Old 13 Jul 2007, 10:29 (Ref:1962277)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's been my impression too. I'm convinced there have been more spectators at Le Mans in the last 3-4 years. Does anyone have any official figures from the ACO?
Old 13 Jul 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1962557)   #110
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's been my impression too. I'm convinced there have been more spectators at Le Mans in the last 3-4 years. Does anyone have any official figures from the ACO?
I believe there were just over 250,000 spectators at Le Mans this year, which was a record.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1962689)   #111
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has this been mentioned here before or have I missed something or is it really old news?

The news being that Autosport this week are reporting that the Group C cars will be the support race next year!
Old 13 Jul 2007, 19:08 (Ref:1962695)   #112
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another interesting development..
Peugeot recently announced that client cars will be available next year...
Rumours are that one of the first candidates linked to such a transaction will be nobody less than Henri himself, the alternative being that he takes his own made cars to ALMS to race there next year...
Old 13 Jul 2007, 20:38 (Ref:1962744)   #113
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes it has hectict at times. I'm not a man for large crowds.

Going back to something you said in another post about interlopers in Tribune 34, I saw a couple of ticket girls selling mini-tickets on lanyards to people outside the stand. I'm guessing that these where "sit where you can, but if someone with a real ticket shows up, bugger off" type tickets.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1962778)   #114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob

The news being that Autosport this week are reporting that the Group C cars will be the support race next year!

Like in 2004?

Old 13 Jul 2007, 22:00 (Ref:1962781)   #115
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Like in 2004?
And hopefully, they'll let them loose for a one hour race this time!
Old 14 Jul 2007, 07:28 (Ref:1962904)   #116
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Like in 2004?
Yep! To put it in their exact words they say the "Group C/GTP series" that recently raced on the Bugatti circuit. They say they're confident of a very large grid, and the accompanying photo had Porsche 962's and a Mazda 767.
Old 15 Jul 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1963712)   #117
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Be great to see them Group C cars again .... i just love'em !!!
Old 15 Jul 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1963716)   #118
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Be great to see them Group C cars again .... i just love'em !!!
Try the Silverstone Historics in two weeks from now...
Old 15 Jul 2007, 17:30 (Ref:1963740)   #119
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Cant mate ..... i dont live in UK .
Old 15 Jul 2007, 19:34 (Ref:1963793)   #120
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Cant mate ..... i dont live in UK .
me neither, and still I go to Silverstone from time to time...(and I guess racing venues on starship enterprise are somewhat rare anyway. Maybe you could just state your true location to avoid further misunderstandings)
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:34 (Ref:1963847)   #121
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
me neither, and still I go to Silverstone from time to time...(and I guess racing venues on starship enterprise are somewhat rare anyway. Maybe you could just state your true location to avoid further misunderstandings)
Done , Henk
Old 16 Jul 2007, 06:12 (Ref:1964093)   #122
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Done , Henk
thanks, and btw I would never have thought that Austria and Starship Enterprise would be one and the same place....)
Old 16 Jul 2007, 16:29 (Ref:1964550)   #123
The Badger
Veteran

World's full of surprises mate !!!
Old 16 Jul 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1964559)   #124
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Went to the Silverstone Classics last year, and i'm from Munich. So theres really no excuse . But then my sister lives in Milton Keynes, so it's free meals and housing plus a car. Makes things easy.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1965499)   #125
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group C's back again - like I needed another reason to go next year!!!