Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 Oct 2003, 20:12 (Ref:742296)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The decline of in car footage......

I've just finished watching a tape of the 1994 Adelaide GP that I got copied off Sato san and it struck me how much of this title deciding races footage was from on board the cars. And not just any cars - it was the two title protagonists Hill and Schuey. Hill had two different onboard cameras as did Schuey. Also Mansell, Hakkinen and the Ferraris got on boards too.

What has happened to the onboard camera? Nowadays we get an onboard with a Sauber or, at best, a Renault. And it is always in the same roll hoop mounted position. Back in '94 we had cameras mounted on rear wing endplates, looking back at the driver (these have made a brief comeback), ones right under the front wing, on the nose, various parts of the front wing, beside the driver etc.........and always in the front running cars.

Now we get to enjoy the thrills of a Hockenheim lap with Jos Verstappen.

I know I'm sad and need to get out more, but I want to know what has happened to our camera angles. We deserve better!