Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1922356)   #526
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm confused about a couple of entries. The PSI Corvette was apparently going to have Adam Sharpe as the third driver, but the ACO list shows Phillip Peter.

Also, I thought that Simon Pullan would be in the Pilbeam, but looks like Chris McAllister instead.
Old 27 May 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1922370)   #527
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
Very strange. The Koji they refer to is Koji Yamanishi, who is also listed to drive for the T2M Dome. Yamanishi drives for JLOC in SuperGT alongside Marco Apicella
I have Yutaka Yamanishi in the T2M Dome - is this the same driver?

Mariantic
Old 27 May 2007, 21:07 (Ref:1922376)   #528
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic
I have Yutaka Yamanishi in the T2M Dome - is this the same driver?
Hmmm, never heard of a driver with that name. As a Westerner who covers SuperGT, I'm used to coming across names I don't recognize, who turn out to have quite a history, so it's perfectly possible that this is correct. A little Googling doesn't really shed any light on that name though, and there's nothing in the SuperGT Media Guide.

I guess we'll find out eventually...
Old 28 May 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1922807)   #529
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are two drivers...

Yutaka Yamagishi = T2M Dome driver
Koji Yamanishi = JLOC Lamborghini driver
Old 28 May 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1922910)   #530
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for clearing that up, ive seen Koji Yamanishi listed in both the JLOC and the T2M cars, but that seems more likely
Still confused about the Sharpe/Peter situation though, werent PSI supposed to have dropped Philipp Peter and Luke Hines after the Tourist Trophy?
Old 28 May 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1922944)   #531
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie-1990
Still confused about the Sharpe/Peter situation though, werent PSI supposed to have dropped Philipp Peter and Luke Hines after the Tourist Trophy?
Adam Sharpe certainly had been announced as driving the PSI Corvette, but I wonder if he has taken his business elsewhere (Barazi? del Bello?) as his website says - " I will most definitely aim to be at Le Mans again (2007) – ideally in a prototype. "

All will be revealed very soon.

Mariantic

Last edited by mariantic; 28 May 2007 at 15:50.
Old 28 May 2007, 19:12 (Ref:1923151)   #532
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Yep, the class 'colour-schemes' are the same as I've used for a few years although you may mean the orange box at the top. I suspect Fab would be the only member here to remember the original blue and orange colour scheme of my site back in March 2001. I've been toying with the idea of using it again......
everyone can remember!

and it was even more flashy (see here, april 2001)
sorry, pictures not appearing, time machine not perfect
Old 28 May 2007, 19:27 (Ref:1923168)   #533
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
At www.pitstop.tv Belgian Tom Cloet is mentioned as a candidate for the 3rd Del Bello seat.
Old 28 May 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1923310)   #534
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why was liz halliday dropped?

she did hold off sascha maassen for nearly a full stint at Mosport last year...

http://www.americanlemans.com/news/Article.aspx?ID=2512
Old 28 May 2007, 23:09 (Ref:1923319)   #535
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
why was liz halliday dropped?

she did hold off sascha maassen for nearly a full stint at Mosport last year...

http://www.americanlemans.com/news/Article.aspx?ID=2512
Pay driver. Either she stopped paying her way for whatever reason, or the team decided that her money was no longer sufficient (perhaps in an equation with her performance).

She is in no way the equal of Maassen on raw pace, and any suggestion to the contrary is a matter of spin rather than outright, objective fact supported by a weighty body of evidence.
Old 29 May 2007, 06:10 (Ref:1923418)   #536
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
A caption over on Mariantic reads "Romain Ianetta in the "Christmas" LC75 - 1 seat left "will not be French .

Any idea what christmas refers too ?
Old 29 May 2007, 07:01 (Ref:1923441)   #537
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
A caption over on Mariantic reads "Romain Ianetta in the "Christmas" LC75 - 1 seat left "will not be French .

Any idea what christmas refers too ?
Try translating any arcticle about Noel del Bello from French using Google language tools

Mariantic
Old 29 May 2007, 07:44 (Ref:1923476)   #538
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ok , gotcha ..... its the "Noel" thing .

The christmas Courage ..... lmoa

Santy's new sledge !!!
Old 29 May 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1923481)   #539
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead
Does anyone think a team would consider Ryan for a gig

Nah.

He's too busy with Manchester United.....

Oh! Ryan for a gig........

Sorry.

Old 29 May 2007, 07:55 (Ref:1923483)   #540
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
everyone can remember!

and it was even more flashy (see here, april 2001)
sorry, pictures not appearing, time machine not perfect

Blimey - that takes me back! Thanks Bernard
Old 29 May 2007, 08:27 (Ref:1923504)   #541
The Badger
Veteran

Jesus ..... thats a bit "BRIGHT" for first thing in the morning mate , need me shades !!!

Any idea what the weathergirls are saying about a forcast for race week ?

Must be due a wet one but I sincerly hope not .

Is Santy's Courage Ianette-Petrov-Terada then ?
Old 29 May 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1923712)   #542
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe..maybe not!
Old 29 May 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1923851)   #543
The Badger
Veteran

Thats an informative answer !
Old 29 May 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1923870)   #544
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Any idea what the weathergirls are saying about a forcast for race week ?

Must be due a wet one but I sincerly hope not .
Man you are so lucky I'm not a moderator here any more. A year ago I would have banned you for the first part of that sentence........

Quote:

Is Santy's Courage Ianette-Petrov-Terada then ?
Well, there was a vote for Tom Cloet instead of Terada. Yojiro was guesswork weeks ago and I suspect would have been confirmed by now if he was in.......
Old 29 May 2007, 16:29 (Ref:1923917)   #545
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Ouest France suggests today that Liz Halliday is the 3rd on the "Christmas" Del Bello Courage, and Terada could be on the T2M Dome (could also be Pompidou)
Old 29 May 2007, 16:49 (Ref:1923936)   #546
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let me know when the music stops and they take another chair away then.........
Old 29 May 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1923942)   #547
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
the music will stop when Rob will have enough of Travellers
Old 29 May 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1924198)   #548
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
Ouest France suggests today that Liz Halliday is the 3rd on the "Christmas" Del Bello Courage, and Terada could be on the T2M Dome (could also be Pompidou)
Interesting suggestion, but no confirmation is there yet. BTW who could finally be the third driver on that number 13 Courage? Should be someone quick enough....
Old 29 May 2007, 21:56 (Ref:1924201)   #549
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Thats an informative answer !
You know I only open my books in due time (though with some lead time pretty often...). I promise you'll hear it first.
Old 30 May 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1924723)   #550
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Mr. B. I can give you the official confirmation of Liz Halliday driving the Noel del Bello Courage before anyone else...

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=2737&Itemid=2