Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Mar 2001, 12:58 (Ref:68850)   #1
NICKR
Rookie

NICKR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been a regular at Castle Combe for some time and I am always amazed by the sheer number of spectators that attend come rain or shine.

Is there any other circuits out there that have such good crowds.

Also I was at Combe a couple of weeks ago and the alterations to the circuit look good.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 18:06 (Ref:68905)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Treading on dangerous ground here!! Mentioning Combe could lead a barrage of abuse... but what you say, is indeed true in my humble opinion - a great attendance at every meeting - because of an improving facility (new stuff looks good) and great racing!!

Never seen a crowd like it anywhere else, for a bog standard clubbie. I remember being at Brands for a F3 race a few years ago and the grand total for paying spectators was 100 - shocking.
Old 7 Mar 2001, 09:23 (Ref:69123)   #3
NICKR
Rookie

Dan, I'd like to hear some abuse about Combe and I'd like to try to defend it. (If possible).

With regard to F3, Howard Strawford has had to look for additional parking outside the circuit for the forthcoming Powertour meeting.

I would be interested in attendance figures for events at Combe. In comparison with your Brands, Donington & Silverstone.

Strawford has big ambitions and I am sure in time Touring Cars will get there.

But hey, I really don't like the look of the future of Touring Cars.

Old 7 Mar 2001, 13:14 (Ref:69149)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having marshalled at Combe for 8 years now - the grief won't be coming from me!!

BTCC at Combe - no thanks... 2 slow days with no cars on the grids - not your usual standard!

Think the improvements to Camp look good.. but no more sunken road at Quarry, and that barrier's miles back now, suppose that's a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing what's in the GT's this year - any news??
Old 7 Mar 2001, 14:16 (Ref:69161)   #5
NICKR
Rookie

I recently attended the Marshal training at Combe.

You're right about the Touring Cars. I notice that there is no CC GT race on the weekend of the PowerTour but there is Saloons and FF (Probably Saturday). Therefore will we see Bob Light's B6 against the big boys ???

Who normally dishes the flack about Combe ? Is is muppets from the 'Big' circuits and their binoculars ?

Do you know any websites to obtain marshalling gear. Yep I'm a trainee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Mar 2001, 20:28 (Ref:69227)   #6
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HAAAAAAAAANG on a minute.

We can't let this turn into a circuit discussion, that should be in the trackside forum

However, I can confirm that the Saloons will be racing on the Sunday!
Old 8 Mar 2001, 09:16 (Ref:69343)   #7
NICKR
Rookie

Apologies, It's been a while since I've been on the forum.

But anyway, I'll carry on.....

Lee, what's happened to Rick Rowles ?? The new site doesn't load.

Apparently, over 100 cars have signed up to the Saloons this year !!!!

Old 8 Mar 2001, 12:45 (Ref:69376)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Just one or two Pagids then (formerly known as)

As for marshalling suits (probans) - it may be best to speak with Adrian Fawdington (Chief Marshal), BRSCC may have some special deals. Otherwise, it's best to join the British Marshals Club, and you can get them cheap through there - plus you get insured on race days.. not sure of web address, but they do have one.
Old 8 Mar 2001, 13:42 (Ref:69386)   #9
NICKR
Rookie

Plenty of Mobile Windscreen Castle Combe Saloons (Just rolls off the tongue). I got this and the numbers from Steve Burns - race admin. I'm sure he has all the right contacts !!!

I'm picking my Probans up on April 16th. Are you doing all the meetings this year at Combe ? Do you only marshal there ?

The Formula Palmer Audi Autumn Championship is supposed to be at Combe in August, will this still go ahead with the announcement this week ?
Old 8 Mar 2001, 19:47 (Ref:69439)   #10
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rick is racing in the ........whatever you said it is called, but I have not idea what. It is a nice big secret that we have been trying to work out for ages.

The site is now being prepared by a company that is sponsoring him, and it isn't "going live" until the season starts.

I have heard about the large numbers for the saloons, but the front runners are going to be, Brian Cox in his 306gti, and Gus Singh in his over powered Nissan gti and that guy in the scooby...
Old 9 Mar 2001, 14:06 (Ref:69629)   #11
NICKR
Rookie

What about Woodhatch in the Vento is he going to the VW Cup ?

The standard of equipment sure is moving on. Will Ilsa be driving the 205 or did they have to get rid for the 306 ?

Then again it's about time she had another baby !!! (only joking).

Any other Goss, what about the GT's ???
Old 11 Mar 2001, 15:53 (Ref:70098)   #12
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
I marshal at several different circuits, ranging from Cadwell to Goodwood. Usually with the same team, that I trust totally - so that makes it more enjoyable.

Missinf a couple of COmbe rounds this year, the meeting in September clashes with Goodwood for example..

FPA will go ahead as a junior series, so that should be interesting to see what they're like.