Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2706626)   #401
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
My last post before taking of, all of you guys and girls who are going to the great race, have a good trip and maybe till Friday / saturday.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2706627)   #402
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Big sigh of releif, car serviced last week then developed misfire yesterday, garage just phoned to say new plug leads required, now changed, was not looking forwarded to changing cars the night before we left.

Now just need to pack everything into the car tonight and get up early remembering to take the Bacon out of the freezer and put in cool box before leaving at 6.00am
Old 8 Jun 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2706754)   #403
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
right that's it, packing up desk now and heading home early to pack up the car.

Hopefully will see some of you down there either on the pit lane visit or on saturday at the meet.

For everyone who will be leaving in the next few days drive carefully and enjoy the 2010 Le Mans, and for those not able to attend this year, I hope that next year will be different.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2706794)   #404
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hope everyone has a great Le Mans, I am gutted not be with you all this year but as the saying goes I'll be back !!!
Old 8 Jun 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2706853)   #405
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
right that's it, packing up desk now and heading home early to pack up the car.

Hopefully will see some of you down there either on the pit lane visit or on saturday at the meet.

For everyone who will be leaving in the next few days drive carefully and enjoy the 2010 Le Mans, and for those not able to attend this year, I hope that next year will be different.
Hope you have a good journey down from Maidstone. We sail at 9am from Dover having driven down from Chatham. Should be at our site at sometime around 4 pm. Going to give practice a miss and have a meal in the village hotel instead, but will be down at Arnage for qually on Thursday night.

Hope to see everyone at the meet on Saturday . Have a good'n all
Old 8 Jun 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2706893)   #406
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's so sad I can't join you guys this year. I had plane tickets and everything bought in advance, but I just got a new job a couple of days ago...
I'll see you next year for sure!

Have a great trip everyone!
Old 8 Jun 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2706895)   #407
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
Lipp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks GTfour.

I wish everybody a very good trip, nice weather and a great race! Alas I will arrive on Friday, so it will be Beausejour if we're lucky, as we have no reservation for a camping.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2706926)   #408
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
Thanks GTfour.

I wish everybody a very good trip, nice weather and a great race! Alas I will arrive on Friday, so it will be Beausejour if we're lucky, as we have no reservation for a camping.
Plenty of camping tickets going without bids on E Bay, when you arrive go to the rotunda (i think that is what it is called) near the main enterance you could be lucky and get some returns
Old 8 Jun 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2706969)   #409
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Plenty of camping tickets going without bids on E Bay, when you arrive go to the rotunda (i think that is what it is called) near the main enterance you could be lucky and get some returns
You'd have to be very lucky. The ACO stopped that very useful service in about 2007.
There should be space free in Beausejour at least, and it's always asking the guys on the gate at other sites. We sold a couple of spares that way last year on Houx.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2706973)   #410
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by undoz View Post
It's so sad I can't join you guys this year. I had plane tickets and everything bought in advance, but I just got a new job a couple of days ago...
I'll see you next year for sure!

Have a great trip everyone!
It's a shame, hope to see you next year.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2707178)   #411
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I leave from me Mums around 6 this evening for the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Caen, should be at the track around 4ish, in time to relax and enjoy qualifying. See you all at the meeting on Saturday!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2707221)   #412
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, time to ride to the free practice, weather is not so bad. Cloudy for sure but whithout rain . The "meteofrance" forcast shows rain and showers but wrong in Le mans for the moment. Hope it'stay like this.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2707365)   #413
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Well, time to ride to the free practice, weather is not so bad. Cloudy for sure but whithout rain . The "meteofrance" forcast shows rain and showers but wrong in Le mans for the moment. Hope it'stay like this.
Just got here, weather was naff coming down, but is ok now, hotel is good and have done a deal with them for the classic next month. Off to the circuit now see ya all
Old 9 Jun 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2707370)   #414
Lipp
Rookie

Netherlands
Lipp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the advise guys... I would love to camp at Bleu Nord, that is where I went the first 5 times. But Beausejour will do...

just one question though... Are you allowed to pitch up two tents on one lot? (4 blokes in one car)

Last edited by Lipp; 9 Jun 2010 at 15:20.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2707682)   #415
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, you can do whatever you want in your space.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2707739)   #416
Devilsadvocate
Rookie

Devilsadvocate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Four of us travelling tomorrow to join the fun. Trouble is one of us, my mate, needs to get home Sunday night and were not coming back until Monday!

Don't suppose anyone reading this can help?

lol, forgot this is international, were from South UK!
Old 10 Jun 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2708776)   #417
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Undoz? I start something new on the 14th... I had been thinking of a quick blitz. NOT a good idea!