Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Oct 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2565365)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The amount of drink is also limited by those stupid camping chairs, after one to many the result is usually a busted chair, a very bruised ego and a camp full of hysterical fellow campers.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2566051)   #27
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The amount of drink is also limited by those stupid camping chairs, after one to many the result is usually a busted chair, a very bruised ego and a camp full of hysterical fellow campers.
What kind of fat idiot would break a camping chair at Le Mans? :embarrassed face smilie:

In other news, I have just paid for my LM tickets
Old 21 Oct 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2566140)   #28
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSR88 View Post
but when Seth and Johannes are in a car it is a classic gentlemen team.
Dont forget that Johannes was partnering Joerg Bergmiester in 2007 and together they took the GT2 Championship battle with Risi right to Leguna Seca, Johannes is not your classic Gentlemen driver.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2566185)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
What kind of fat idiot would break a camping chair at Le Mans? :embarrassed face smilie:

In other news, I have just paid for my LM tickets
Quite a few judging by the large number left in the campsite every year, I have tried both cheap chairs and expensive ones and they work perfectly when sobber but as your balance becomes impaired due to alcohol the temptation to try and support yourself on the arms becomes harder to resist with the result that at sometime everyone either as they sit or as they get up an accident? will happen. It is part of the fun of lemans. The only plus point is there are always less chairs to bring back as you took down.

How comes you have paid for tickets already, I have ordered mine already but usually get debited in February.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2566691)   #30
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Worked for me to spend €50,-(that's about 250 pounds...) on a good and sturdy type. Didn't for you I read? Mmh,this might have something to do with wei...ehrm,age I think.

We're about to order our ticketstack for next year soon. I think we'll be going for a start/finish straight grandstand again this year. Dunlop is cool,but I've missed the finish rituals for two years now and we also want to sit there in the night and spy the pits again.
Hope to camp at Houx annexe or camping Bleu. About half of our party is planning on camping on the Mulsannecorner campsite for 2010. Anyone have experience camping there?
Old 22 Oct 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2566868)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post

Worked for me to spend €50,-(that's about 250 pounds...) on a good and sturdy type. Didn't for you I read? Mmh,this might have something to do with wei...ehrm,age I think.

We're about to order our ticketstack for next year soon. I think we'll be going for a start/finish straight grandstand again this year. Dunlop is cool,but I've missed the finish rituals for two years now and we also want to sit there in the night and spy the pits again.
Hope to camp at Houx annexe or camping Bleu. About half of our party is planning on camping on the Mulsannecorner campsite for 2010. Anyone have experience camping there?
The campsite is good but has limited facilities, close to Mulsanne for shops etc but during the race the problems are traffic so you either watch it from there or don't go back during the race, or spend large amount of time in the car listening to radio Le mans.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2567083)   #32
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
How comes you have paid for tickets already, I have ordered mine already but usually get debited in February.
Not sure where we have ordered them from, but it is not direct from the ACO.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 14:37 (Ref:2567138)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Not sure where we have ordered them from, but it is not direct from the ACO.
Best use Nadine at the tourist office, you usually get what you want and no agency fees, and as I said you see debit going through in February/march rather than now.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2573775)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Confirmation on Endurance-Info.com that there will again be no Test Day in 2010, although they hope to reinstate it in 2011.

In 2010, instead of the Test Day, the ACO are hoping to arrange a weekend of testing along the lines of this year's test on the Bugatti circuit, but this time at a more suitable venue (Silverstone and Spa both mentioned as being the right type of circuit).
Old 2 Nov 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2574020)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Confirmation on Endurance-Info.com that there will again be no Test Day in 2010, although they hope to reinstate it in 2011.

In 2010, instead of the Test Day, the ACO are hoping to arrange a weekend of testing along the lines of this year's test on the Bugatti circuit, but this time at a more suitable venue (Silverstone and Spa both mentioned as being the right type of circuit).
Not sure I would be able to make Spa but Silverstone would be nice on a Sunday in early may.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2577094)   #36
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Around the 9th would be nice. They could give me my birthday present, too...
Old 11 Nov 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2580185)   #37
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That could be another great excuse to marshal one of the best series in the world!
Old 12 Nov 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2580743)   #38
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Around the 9th would be nice. They could give me my birthday present, too...
With the LMS being at Spa that weekend in May I doubt there would be a LM test day at Silverstone!

Still, a trip to Spa for your birthday sounds excellent!
Old 14 Nov 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2581816)   #39
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The ACO online ticket office is now fully operational - Link.

Unfortunately (and I think we all saw this coming), none of the premium campsites, tribunes or car parks can be booked online. So, same old from the ACO.
Old 14 Nov 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2581961)   #40
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The ACO online ticket office is now fully operational - Link.
My Français is pretty rubbish, is there an English link? (I see that the URL ends with "lang=gb" but it's still coming up in French for me!)
Old 16 Nov 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2582707)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
My Français is pretty rubbish, is there an English link? (I see that the URL ends with "lang=gb" but it's still coming up in French for me!)
Usually you just click the Union flag and everything will be in English, but if you are unsure of anything or actually want a decent campsite, phone/contact nadine in the tourist office at Le mans, she is always helpful and speaks perfect english, she will also get better sites that the slightly dubious ones left on the ACO website.

nadine.bouttier@ville-lemans.fr

phone number from uk

0033 243281269
Old 16 Nov 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2582845)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The 2010 race must be almost upon us, yes the first ticket has appeared on E Bay already.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2583145)   #43
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Many thanks for your help GT6.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2584966)   #44
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
About half of our party is planning on camping on the Mulsannecorner campsite for 2010. Anyone have experience camping there?
I'm also considering camping at Mulsanne next year, the idea quite appeals. So, like GTfour, I would also be interested in any comments/advice from anyone who has camped there recently.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2593132)   #45
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Since many of the roads will be one way during the weekend,this'll be the biggest drawback of staying at Mulsanne I guess. Going to Arnage village then means a long way around the track and going to see Arnage corner even further.
One will need a bike or moped to enjoy these parts then...
Old 3 Dec 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2593258)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
James GT4 is correct, the roads are always an absolute nightmare, but there are some shortcuts, however these are not available for Cars/Motorbikes.
Last year was the first year that i did not do the usual Mulsanne/arnarge visit the fear of not getting parked and the traffic problems from previous years persuaded me that for practice the good viewing was worth it but to spend 3 or 4 hours in a car during the race was no longer an option.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2594097)   #47
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
James GT4 is correct, the roads are always an absolute nightmare, but there are some shortcuts, however these are not available for Cars/Motorbikes.
Last year was the first year that i did not do the usual Mulsanne/arnarge visit the fear of not getting parked and the traffic problems from previous years persuaded me that for practice the good viewing was worth it but to spend 3 or 4 hours in a car during the race was no longer an option.
Yep, there are certainly good and bad times to head out into the country. I usually get to Arnage between 3 and half past on the the Sunday morning, then on to Mulsanne for dawn/sunrise. The traffic's really not too bad at those times.

That said, I also decided to give those enclosures a miss this year for fear of being unable to park (reports on this and other forums that Arnage and Mulsanne parking tix were sold out). Turns out that anyone arriving in the early hours parked as per usual without charge.

Anyway, appreciate comments re camping at Mulsanne (although it's now unlikely I shall be taking that option).
Old 5 Dec 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2594338)   #48
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The world cup draw took place last night and suprise suprise England first game (againest the USA) will take place during the race......
Old 5 Dec 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2594372)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
The world cup draw took place last night and suprise suprise England first game (againest the USA) will take place during the race......
20:30 kick off (local time in Le Mans) on the Saturday evening. The French play their first group match on the Friday evening (also a 20:30 kick off).
Old 5 Dec 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2594429)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Last year was the first year that i did not do the usual Mulsanne/arnarge visit the fear of not getting parked....

I bought the extra parking tickets for all the cars in our 'team' and we had no problem at all parking out there - it was actually much much easier than in the previous 4-5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones

Well I know what I'll choose to watch.....