Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2890202)   #426
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Cars 55-59 almost in succession in the pitlane... just a little snippet that made me chuckle. Also, Audi shouldn't have issues with Strakka if they can keep the same kind of run they did last year in P2.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2890205)   #427
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure if we´re supposed to post support races news in this thread (couldn´t find an independent one) but here´s the entry list for the Ferrari Challenge race with 52 cars on it.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2890209)   #428
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Looks like the ACO's provision about drivers from the big show driving in the support races no longer applies, last year David Hart drove the From-A Porsche in the Group C race and a Corvette in the big race, now we've got Scott Tucker and Pierre Ehret in the Ferrari race as well...
Old 3 Jun 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2890419)   #429
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
My favourite has to be the Car driven by Rory Bertram, if only for it's beautiful orange colour.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2890654)   #430
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure no-one else lowers themselves to reading The Sun* website, but they are sponsoring the Strakka car:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ans-glory.html

(Page safe for work, rest of the site less so)

* Note for non-UK readers, The Sun is the biggest selling UK newspaper by quite some margin.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2890656)   #431
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
As you may have seen on the forum, the Le Mans Spotter Guide has now been released ready for those early-birds off to Le Mans. I will update the guide after Scruitneering for those leaving later or staying at home.

The guide does have the confirmed livery for Lotus, first viewing I think...

One note about the Lotus. The images I was sent had an Orange flash on the mirrors. I suspect this is for car ID, but as the images didnt have race numbers, not sure which was which

download the guide at www.spotterguides.com
Old 3 Jun 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2890721)   #432
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Dagys has some interesting stuff on his Twitter feed right now. He is reporting that one team has not arrived yet and that it is possible that the Robertson Pro car might get promoted to the show. Anyone want to speculate on who it could be? I'm guessing the Hope Oreca, the RML HPD, and perhaps one of the OAK cars could be the car in trouble. Who knows.

http://twitter.com/#!/johndagys
Old 3 Jun 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2890723)   #433
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
John Dagys has some interesting stuff on his Twitter feed right now. He is reporting that one team has not arrived yet and that it is possible that the Robertson Pro car might get promoted to the show. Anyone want to speculate on who it could be? I'm guessing the Hope Oreca, the RML HPD, and perhaps one of the OAK cars could be the car in trouble. Who knows.

http://twitter.com/#!/johndagys
Hope Racing are there, the team is set up and the car is there without a doubt.

EDIT: Photo from the official Le Mans Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...3622911&type=1
Old 3 Jun 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2890725)   #434
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Hope Racing are there, the team is set up and the car is there without a doubt.
Interesting. It's not the Level 5 car because they have their American based car there (according to Dagys). Did Aston get their AMR-Ones back cleanly from Monza? I'm not really sure who else could be in trouble aside from the ones I mentioned earlier.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2890728)   #435
stylish
Rookie

England
United Kingdom
stylish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RML are on the way tonight, they were shaking the car down today at Snetterton, and i had the misfortune to be there to see it

Great bunch of guys, happy to chat to me and my son, and they seemed really upbeat about the car after its huge shunt at Spa.

Level 5 Motorsport were there too, but had stopped due to a problem, and left early.

So i have to say Go RML win LMP2 for the Brits............
Old 3 Jun 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2890755)   #436
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Interesting. It's not the Level 5 car because they have their American based car there (according to Dagys). Did Aston get their AMR-Ones back cleanly from Monza? I'm not really sure who else could be in trouble aside from the ones I mentioned earlier.
Looking at the pictures in the same set, Aston also made their arrival today. No idea whether with both cars, but their trucks are certainly in one of the photos.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2891117)   #437
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could it be the Kronos Lola Aston? Hope not. I would love too see the Robertsons get their second car in the show, they are very nice people.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2891213)   #438
AGD
Veteran

Dagys says the entry in doubt has arrived and should be ok now.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2891230)   #439
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Damn, I would've gladly sacrificed ANY of prototype entries if in return we'd had got the Pro Robertsons in!
Old 4 Jun 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2891249)   #440
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given their race to get the car rebuilt in time, are we to assume it was RML who he had doubts about?
Old 5 Jun 2011, 11:13 (Ref:2891429)   #441
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
71 AF Corse car has been listed on several occasions as either a 458 or a F430, photos from the paddock today confirm it is indeed a 458 after all.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2891712)   #442
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
71 AF Corse car has been listed on several occasions as either a 458 or a F430, photos from the paddock today confirm it is indeed a 458 after all.
It was always going to be a 458 for LM. The team confirmed it a while back
Old 5 Jun 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2891798)   #443
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Given the kerfuffle over Stefan Mucke at the GT1 race today and the request to suspend his racing licence is there a question mark over him running for Aston Martin at Le Mans?

From my perspective, and I don't know the whole story, however from looking at the YouTube footage it looks like an ambitious move that was never really on but not sure I'd throw the book at him. Sure he's always been on the ragged edge, but I suspect I've seen worse in my day.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2891799)   #444
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Given the kerfuffle over Stefan Mucke at the GT1 race today and the request to suspend his racing licence is there a question mark over him running for Aston Martin at Le Mans?

From my perspective, and I don't know the whole story, however from looking at the YouTube footage it looks like an ambitious move that was never really on but not sure I'd throw the book at him. Sure he's always been on the ragged edge, but I suspect I've seen worse in my day.
It was Westbrook with the ambitious move and Mucke with a case of some of the worst red mist I've ever seen on a race track. Very real prospect that he won't race. (Crosses fingers for Brabs!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zv_j84t0Bw
Old 5 Jun 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2891807)   #445
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It was Westbrook with the ambitious move and Mucke with a case of some of the worst red mist I've ever seen on a race track. Very real prospect that he won't race. (Crosses fingers for Brabs!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zv_j84t0Bw
My bad - mistook Westbrook for Mucke. Think I'd probably now concur and see this as a pretty nasty piece of driving.

Hadn't thought about putting Brabs in the Aston - probably the best sub available at the moment, or would national pride see Franchitti getting the nod?
Old 6 Jun 2011, 00:34 (Ref:2891838)   #446
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Wait, that can't be NASCAR because I see real headlights! Anyway, what a dumb move. Tomas Enge isn't doing anything, any chance he might get the seat if it opens up? Will he be eligible to take a seat with another team given that he is still on the reserve list as the main driver of the YD Aston?
Old 6 Jun 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2891921)   #447
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not the first time Muckes driving standards have been called into question, If I remember correctly Martin Short once said that he was a nice guy out of the car, but turned into white van man once he got into it. That was after he tried to force the Joao Barbosa in the Rollcentre Pescarolo into the wall in a LMS race.

I would expect Enge to get the drive if Mucke has his license withdrawn, I doubt that the fact that he is nominated as the lead driver in the YD car would stop it. But of course Brabs would be a safe pair of hands for AMR.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 11:30 (Ref:2892071)   #448
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow that definately deserves a ban! Shocking piece of driving at this level.