Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3233492)   #326
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Might not get restarted, not until some of the standing water disperses anyway.
by my calculations that should be about tuesday...
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3233495)   #327
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
by my calculations that should be about tuesday...
I do hope it stops before i arrive tomorrow morning
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3233498)   #328
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should be better weather tomorrow.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3233499)   #329
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Fingers crossed, and lets hope the safety car gets a well earned rest
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3233503)   #330
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
red flag out
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3233504)   #331
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely brilliant idea to move the race weekend from September to April. The weather is always so fantastic in Britain in April.

Great job.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3233508)   #332
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Back in 2000, for the British GP, didn't they just get lucky and stumble on having the race on the first dry day in like, two weeks?
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3233512)   #333
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Back in 2000, for the British GP, didn't they just get lucky and stumble on having the race on the first dry day in like, two weeks?
Yes and they were very lucky for raceday, but the Saturday and Friday rain was so bad and traffic so terrible and backed up for 15 miles that only 15,000 attended qualifying compared to 60,000 the year before.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3233527)   #334
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not just the rain, it's VERY cold too.....
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3233531)   #335
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, just defreezing on the sofa ...
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3233536)   #336
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We called it quits at 5 today. It became impossible to escape the cold. Even if the race had been green all the way, I can't imagine we'd have stayed.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3233548)   #337
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I missed the race.
So, one hour behind the SC and the race finished with 40 minutes to go says Endurance-info's report.

Is it worth downloading to watch, or will I just waste my bandwith in doing so ?
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3233555)   #338
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Absolutely brilliant idea to move the race weekend from September to April. The weather is always so fantastic in Britain in April.

Great job.
I´ve attended the last 3 years and the weather was fabulous in August. You cannot guarantee that it doesn´t rain but at least temperatures above 10ºC.

Quote:
Yes, I left at 17:10 because I couldn´t drink another hot chocolate to stay warm. My respect to the people staying overnight camping in tents.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3233558)   #339
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post

Is it worth downloading to watch, or will I just waste my bandwith in doing so ?
For all the off-track excursions, yes, probably!!
Old 13 Apr 2013, 17:55 (Ref:3233561)   #340
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
As witness to Aysedasi and the cold can confirm he's not telling fibs.

April in the UK can be great, or it can be like today. I played it safe, and fully goretexed up, and while wasn't as warm as I've ever been, when moving around and critically with back to the wind, it was fine. Morale of story, if you're going to see sportscar racing in the UK in April wear lots of layers.

First hour or so was a great bit of endurance racing and the pro-am side of things really showed the prospect of some genuinely interesting tactics as races play out. Also pleasing that qualifying is a case of just going for it rather than the shambolic display we saw for the WEC.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3233568)   #341
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, I'll see if I a torrent is already uploaded "somewhere"...
It should at least be more entertaining than the F1 Q session we saw this morning

Thanks.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3233570)   #342
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Talking about the stream available today, I gotta tip my hat to whoever was doing a great job there. I couldn't believe the numbers dailymotion was displaying though. 1750 viewers (on the HD stream only?)? really? Anyways. That's the sort of quality of broadcasting that I'd like to see in 2013. Free HD stream available, period. ALMS/USCR could learn something here
Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3233598)   #343
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzenberger View Post
Just about everyone has had a spin in the puddles by now. Tandy going strong in GTE, loving that new design too.
Proton ran that livery at Zhuhai for the ILMC race in 2011. I think it might be the same chassis that did that race too.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3233606)   #344
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Bit rubbish, the irritating thing is that there wasn't that much rain, it just wasn't going anywhere. Would I be wrong to look accusingly at the organisers' decision to run two separate fields, rather than a combined 50-ish car grid? I guess.

Old 13 Apr 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3233617)   #345
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Talking about the stream available today, I gotta tip my hat to whoever was doing a great job there. I couldn't believe the numbers dailymotion was displaying though. 1750 viewers (on the HD stream only?)? really? Anyways. That's the sort of quality of broadcasting that I'd like to see in 2013. Free HD stream available, period. ALMS/USCR could learn something here
Got higher than that was close to 1900 at one point
Old 13 Apr 2013, 23:03 (Ref:3233667)   #346
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i was watching the wec stream for spa last year and the number was pretty low then too. i guess people come and go with a 6hour race, a 3 hour (support) race is of a length that if you're interested, you're usually there.

it should capture a very interesting market at the wsr events later this year though. there's 3 big rounds, 2 of which usually get a very decent crowd and iirc, it's free to get in still. wsr have kept quiet on that but it's looking like it'll be the case even with the elms. so if you've always wanted to visit hungary or the south of france (or even austria), you've got no excuse not to
Old 18 Apr 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3236180)   #347
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wasn't it just! I gave up taking pictures after the first hour from the grandstand opposite the international straight, I lost all feeling in my hands, I could not operate the camera. It was the wind, bitterly cold and it just would not stopping blowing through.

Thankfully, Sunday was much better!
Old 18 Apr 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3236222)   #348
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It wasn't actually that cold, it was just the wind that was biting. The combination of the rain and the strong with also pushed me and Simmi back from snapping at the front of the grandstand.
Old 2 May 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3241766)   #349
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-17808.html

28 entries expected for Imola. Of note, the Kox Lambo and three SMP Ferraris in GTC, and a tentative LMP2 entry for HVM-Status.
Old 2 May 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3241773)   #350
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see so many entries and the Lambo, but is the same case as GT Open, given it is opened to any type of GT3 a GTR and in this case any Macca and a merc would be cool, since there are tons of Ferraris by now at Wec and Elms GTE.