Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Jul 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3280647)   #401
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Got a question, did they use a different layout than the DTM cars? It'd be nice to compare pace to the P2s.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3280650)   #402
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For your question to make sense there'd have to be more than one (decent) layout at the A1 Ring...
Old 23 Jul 2013, 04:34 (Ref:3280697)   #403
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
For your question to make sense there'd have to be more than one (decent) layout at the A1 Ring...
It made perfect sense. DTM usually runs shorter versions of the tracks (obviously it didn't apply here)

Anyway, I figured out the comparison... 1:25.505 best lap in DTM. 1:24.337 in LMP2. Qualifying pole position 1:24.836 in DTM. Pole in LMP2 1:23.737.

Last edited by TF110; 23 Jul 2013 at 04:55.
Old 24 Jul 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3281195)   #404
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Be nice to see an Austrian team joining the grid , like RaceAlliance , Konrad or Race Alliance again .

I reckon the A1 ring is a pretty decent track .
Old 3 Sep 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3298360)   #405
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Is it overly cynical of me to have a little bit of "hmmmm" the back of my mind when I read of a fire in DKR's workshop meaning, if I'm reading things correctly, that they're not going to be in Budapest?

Link (in French)
Old 3 Sep 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3298369)   #406
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's right, they were going to test tomorrow in Magny-Cours but the cars burned last Friday at Ibanez Racing Service's workshop.
So now Budapest entries are down to 25.

That's some bad news...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3299705)   #407
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Is it overly cynical of me to have a little bit of "hmmmm" the back of my mind when I read of a fire in DKR's workshop meaning, if I'm reading things correctly, that they're not going to be in Budapest?

Link (in French)
Is it overly cynical of me to believe that such a fire is the final nail in the proverbial coffin for DKR, a team already very much on a tight budget?

I don't think so. Sad news when you lose such a weak team, in a way... you always are rooting for them to finish the race. I hope they make it to Paul Ricard. Lovely circuit...
Old 6 Sep 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3299857)   #408
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
back up to 26 entries, according to the elms organisers:

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=3894

(and seriously, if you think ricard is a lovely circuit you need to get to a few more they just threw a lot of money at it and kept the local foliage, that's all)
Old 6 Sep 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3299915)   #409
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Is it overly cynical of me to believe that such a fire is the final nail in the proverbial coffin for DKR, a team already very much on a tight budget?

I don't think so. Sad news when you lose such a weak team, in a way... you always are rooting for them to finish the race. I hope they make it to Paul Ricard. Lovely circuit...
Their plan was (or still is??) to race a French P2 car next year.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3300303)   #410
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
back up to 26 entries, according to the elms organisers:

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=3894

(and seriously, if you think ricard is a lovely circuit you need to get to a few more they just threw a lot of money at it and kept the local foliage, that's all)
It's better than Magny-Cours...

I love all race tracks (with the possible exception of the Dubai Autodrome)... it's 50% of the fun!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3301865)   #411
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

ELMS Spotter Guide hosted by Ten-Tenths.com is now online ready to download. Down to 25 entries for this event, few gone, but an extra Ferrari in GTC

download the full guide at www.spotterguides.com/2013-elms
Old 11 Sep 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3302473)   #412
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
So no Greaves again. I'm presuming that means that they couldn't find anyone willing to pony up the money for the ride.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3302706)   #413
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It's better than Magny-Cours...

I love all race tracks (with the possible exception of the Dubai Autodrome)... it's 50% of the fun!
haha, if you ask me it's only better than magny cours because the pit buildings are newer (elms doesnt get those anyway) and the weather tends to be more appealing magny cours is a better circuit for the spectator and there's less of that track limits faffery that goes on at ricard too. i'll take your word for it with dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
So no Greaves again. I'm presuming that means that they couldn't find anyone willing to pony up the money for the ride.
being fair to potential customers, you don't exactly get a ton of tracktime for your money, and not counting test sessions on friday it's a one day event with qualifying and the race happening on saturday. travel to hungary (both truck and personnel) and hotels aren't particulary cheap so it's not really one you can give a free ride away for either.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3303412)   #414
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pracitce times from the Hungaroring are up.

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...php?circuit=20

Signatech Alpine fastest in both sessions, followed by Murphy and Jota. Thiriet was only fourth is both free practice sessions.

The P2 as well as the GTE field are very close, should be an interesting race.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3303496)   #415
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So obviously some big hype for this race...

Signatech Alpine have been dinged for the second race in a row. Passing under yellows. Not sure whether this will affect anything for qualy in the morning?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20623.html
Old 13 Sep 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3303526)   #416
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
think nelson needs to get a new pair of glasses. he never did anything remotely naughty in 3.5, let alone miss yellow flags. again. it's a shame because they've been picking up the pace all year.

wouldn't imagine it'd have an impact on quali, but i'll track down the stewards decision tomorrow morning and see what it says. if only the elms lot would use the noticeboard section of their timing website like wsr does, then people might actually be able to figure out what's going on...
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3303610)   #417
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Or it means one car is on its way to the States for the FIA WEC round there and the other is on its way to Japan for the Asian Le Mans Series ;-)
Old 13 Sep 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3303615)   #418
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

E-I are reporting that they plan to be back for Ricard, but in GTC with their BMW Z4 GT3, rather than a P2

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20541.html
Old 14 Sep 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3303728)   #419
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Signatech Alpine have been dinged for the second race in a row. Passing under yellows. Not sure whether this will affect anything for qualy in the morning?
the answer is no, just a really big deposit of €1000 towards the circuit bar tab, and a fine four times that suspended till the end of the season in case of another infringement 'of this kind'.

currently it's raining very hard, and the track conditions mean that pole and grid position will be more a case of luck rather than judgement.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3303812)   #420
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Bella.

Hartley stuck the Murphy car on pole. Looking forward to watching the race when I get back from work. Was a very entertaining event (while it ran) at Silverstone in the rain.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3303844)   #421
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hard to get a word in edgeways with all the excitement about the on-going ELMS race.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3303865)   #422
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Hard to get a word in edgeways with all the excitement about the on-going ELMS race.
That's because all seven of us are too busy watching it!
Old 14 Sep 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3303980)   #423
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
great win for the alpine boys, and a really decent first half of the race by ragues too. i don't really know the tyres very well so don't know how much that played into their hands.

apparently the win ties them on points with pierre thiriet just in time for the final round at paul ricard in two weeks. this is unexpectedly quite exciting!
Old 14 Sep 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3304029)   #424
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally a win for Signatech. Took a while, but it's well deserved.

Here's the classification after the fourth round.

Over a thousand people were watching the stream. The stands looked empty though. Shame.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 04:17 (Ref:3304082)   #425
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yep, it had rained really quite a lot from early morning, and when it's a free event people don't tend to come out if the weather is crappy. i think saturday is a normal working day for a lot of people here too. still a decent attendance during the day though

normally people sit in the last corner/main straight grandstands, so you don't see the packed out stands that you do at f1 events.