Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Jul 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3986516)   #6726
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TOdays times mean pretty much nothing

1 - Who is checking legality/boost set up etc
2- Track limits are ignored
3 - people bedding in brake sets means they will be stupidly slow
4 - People dont want to damage the car and using the day as a shakedown
5- People doing anything possible to make it look like they would be a great bet to throw some money at
6- People doing the day on borrowed money hoping to find some to pay the team back

- reading the last 10 pages of comments just now after a break, people really shouldn't be glad of cars dropping out and drivers going to the scrap heap, some people this is like life to them and could effect them a whole lot more than just a race
Teams have paid mechanics, apprentices, truck drivers all who will now not be needed unfortunately

I really fear for the support car grids, anyone got any idea of 2019-2020 comparisons - not may juniors out testing this week or Ginetta Supercup (albeit on a track they wont use)
not big noise on F4 either
Old 7 Jul 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3986517)   #6727
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tator2001uk View Post
5- People doing anything possible to make it look like they would be a great bet to throw some money at
With Motorbase not having a title sponsor this season - I would imagine this has as much to do with Butcher setting a lap time as anything else.

Remember the thoughts about Rob Austin's Alfa setting a blistering lap time in a mid-season test?
Old 7 Jul 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3986518)   #6728
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I really fear for the support car grids, anyone got any idea of 2019-2020 comparisons - not may juniors out testing this week or Ginetta Supercup (albeit on a track they wont use)
This is a big concern - the MINIs have been pretty good with this, announcing a reduced calendar very early but the others have all been pretty quiet.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3986522)   #6729
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m just happy to see cars out there testing again and certainly drivers like Colin are more than happy to be back in the saddle
Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3986551)   #6730
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

As it is an official test session, I would imagine TOCA would have that covered. If it was a free for all, it wouldn't be worth having TSL Timing and the teams would just have someone on the pit wall with a stopwatch.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3986552)   #6731
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
With Motorbase not having a title sponsor this season - I would imagine this has as much to do with Butcher setting a lap time as anything else.

Remember the thoughts about Rob Austin's Alfa setting a blistering lap time in a mid-season test?
It’s not like butchers time is amazing it’s still 2 seconds off qualifying from 2019, think your reading to much into it
Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3986553)   #6732
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I especially like all the comments about the hybrid and that people will lose interest in the sport as they will never sound the same again.
Did they watch the video of it, sounds exactly the same to me!
Old 7 Jul 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3986556)   #6733
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
It’s not like butchers time is amazing it’s still 2 seconds off qualifying from 2019, think your reading to much into it
I'm not the one who originally suggested that the time meant anything...
Old 7 Jul 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3986566)   #6734
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

2- Track limits are ignored

3 - people bedding in brake sets means they will be stupidly slow

4 - People dont want to damage the car and using the day as a shakedown

6- People doing the day on borrowed money hoping to find some to pay the team back

- reading the last 10 pages of comments just now after a break, people really shouldn't be glad of cars dropping out and drivers going to the scrap heap, some people this is like life to them and could effect them a whole lot more than just a race

Teams have paid mechanics, apprentices, truck drivers all who will now not be needed unfortunately

British F4 is testing at Croft today I believe, seems to be a decent number of cars out on track

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3986567)   #6735
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone see Plato driving The Race Legends Trophy. It was bad, like worse than him driving the Subaru bad.

I wonder if the sponsors watched him and pulled the plug?
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3986569)   #6736
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
All the times mean something.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3986570)   #6737
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed, usually though you have to check to see who’s doing the time
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3986573)   #6738
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You suggested that the only reason they are fastest is because they don’t have a title sponsor
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3986577)   #6739
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Did anyone see Plato driving The Race Legends Trophy. It was bad, like worse than him driving the Subaru bad.

Think you'll find zero hospitality for guests was one of, if not the, biggest factors.

Intention is back next year, and in this I believe Adam. Sponsors are simply on hold, not off and away.

When Handy said about Knob Austin having a year away and coming back I think we all knew it was wishful thinking that some idiot would sponsor the crapwagon. At least I hope most people realised that at the time.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3986580)   #6740
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This 100%, in my experience most companies base their marketing budget decisions on what happens in a computer game.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3986583)   #6741
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I certainly hope that isn't the case. Although they share similarities, sim racing and real life racing are completely different

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Jul 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3986588)   #6742
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Many of the other drivers were far worse than Plato, he quite often ran at the front which is more than many higher profile drivers could manage. It was a bit of fun not anything serious at the end of the day.

So many of the people in the YouTube chat for those races thought it was the most incredible thing ever and a sign that Alonso could win the F1 championship easily. Just because he was winning races in a computer game against a field where the majority were just having a laugh on a Saturday evening and the odd glass of red as well.

I seriously doubt any of Platos sponsors gave a monkeys.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3986592)   #6743
S griffin
Veteran

It’s not like he got a gamer to take his place and pretend to be him
Old 7 Jul 2020, 21:58 (Ref:3986617)   #6744
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With him becoming a free agent will AJ take sover responsibility for testing the Corolla Hybrid or can we see JP being drafted in addition to the planned Darren Turner role? 3 experienced heads are better than one after all.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 22:28 (Ref:3986623)   #6745
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Any chance of Matt Jackson trying to get into the spare WSR seat?
Old 7 Jul 2020, 22:32 (Ref:3986624)   #6746
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

On track results are about the 25th most important thing to sponsors. Driving a PC game is well below that.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 06:24 (Ref:3986651)   #6747
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
With him becoming a free agent will AJ take sover responsibility for testing the Corolla Hybrid or can we see JP being drafted in addition to the planned Darren Turner role? 3 experienced heads are better than one after all.
Make it 4 and include Matt Jackson too then as he was a MaClaren test driver for a number of years.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 07:03 (Ref:3986652)   #6748
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Any chance of Matt Jackson trying to get into the spare WSR seat?
I have read rumours Mat did lose a sponsor so I would doubt that.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 07:25 (Ref:3986655)   #6749
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I have read rumours Mat did lose a sponsor so I would doubt that.
Mat was in doubt before PMR paused their campaign for this season, due to a sponsor loss, so agreed can’t see him funding a WSR seat now!
Old 8 Jul 2020, 07:56 (Ref:3986658)   #6750
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Any chance of [inset driver name] trying to get into the spare WSR seat?
WSR are going to want a sizeable amount of money for the seat. The chances of any driver being able to lay his hands on that much funding at such short notice the pretty much non existent.