Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

View Poll Results: Who is CART's Least Popular Driver?
Mikey Andretti 36 60.00%
Tony Kanaan 5 8.33%
Dario Franchitti 10 16.67%
Townsend Bell 5 8.33%
Kenny Brack 1 1.67%
Other (please explain) 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Oct 2002, 13:57 (Ref:418507)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART's Least Popular Driver presented by WhinEeze

We will soon be told who CART's most popular driver is. I'm more interested in finding who CART's LEAST popular driver is. Cast your vote!
Old 31 Oct 2002, 17:19 (Ref:418649)   #2
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, I kinda had a tie between 2 drivers but since it is not possible to vote for both I voted for _ _ _ _ _!
Old 31 Oct 2002, 17:33 (Ref:418666)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for someone who was a great friend of Greg.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 19:01 (Ref:418724)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Andretti Jr.
Likely would've voted for him anyway, regardless of his team's defection.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 19:53 (Ref:418761)   #5
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul "Dick" Tracy, he is driving like Jeff Gordon, who I also dislike. Meaning he rams other drivers' cars way too often.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 31 Oct 2002, 20:13 (Ref:418781)   #6
jcclausen
Rookie

jcclausen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's Jeff Gordon?
Old 31 Oct 2002, 20:27 (Ref:418792)   #7
SAdair
Rookie

SAdair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to vote for Tony. After hearing some comments he made in Cleveland regarding the IRL, all I can say is it is bad news when money talks louder than your heart.

Last edited by SAdair; 31 Oct 2002 at 20:28.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 21:53 (Ref:418884)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll vote for Michael, for his constant whining and being the biggest whimp in all of racing when it comes to racing in the rain. And then there's all the BS around his plans next year.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 31 Oct 2002, 21:55 (Ref:418887)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Looking at the results, the choice is clear.

One has to wonder how he's related to Mario...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 31 Oct 2002, 23:16 (Ref:418950)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One also has to wonder how he ever won "Most Popular Driver" last year when hardly anybody seems to like him.

I still think a lot of people thought they were voting for Mario.
Old 31 Oct 2002, 23:22 (Ref:418955)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Andretti, easy choice there.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 00:01 (Ref:418976)   #12
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Liz, there were people in line to get his autorgraph in Toronto that thought they were getting Mario's autograph. I corrected one of them and their response was "err..yeah...whatever..." Then there was the guy that said, "hey let's line up here, nobody wants Michael Jordan's autograph"...lol Then Zanardi showed up and the real racing fans went to chat with him.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 01:45 (Ref:419019)   #13
Liz
Veteran

HA! that's funny, Jay. I remember some overexcited announcer asking a fan at the USGP "Which is more popular, Michael Jordan or Michael Schumacher?" and the bewildered fan said "Who the hell is Mike Schumacher?"

Ya gotta love it.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 03:10 (Ref:419050)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dunno, I seem to like all of them...I spotted Michael signing a whole heap of autographs a few minutes after nearly qualifying on the anti-pole.

I never really liked Our Paul, but now that it is apparent that he will never win a championship, I don't mind sitting back and enjoy the carnage
Old 1 Nov 2002, 04:28 (Ref:419057)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mikey takes the cake. Biggest whinger in the series ever.

Dario and Tony are only in here because they are defectors. If they hadn't, they'd still be popular.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 07:38 (Ref:419113)   #16
silvervsix
Racer

silvervsix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a fan of the guys who jumped ship just for money so they all are not my favourite drivers at the moment.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 09:36 (Ref:419172)   #17
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Methinks that Andretti would have won this "award" last year, and the year before, and five years before that, if all of the voting was being done by true CART fans. Methinks that many of us sat back and said "Huh?" when he won "Most Popular."
Old 1 Nov 2002, 11:45 (Ref:419251)   #18
Liz
Veteran

I wouldn't have even put Dario and Tony in just for defecting (notice I didn't put in Fittipaldi) but only for their whining comments and their giving interviews slandering CART. This is unprofessional and childish, and shows that they're not as sure of their decision as they would like people to think they are.

Anyway I've thought much less of Dario since he became Mrs. Ashley Judd.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 17:46 (Ref:419614)   #19
Joey Jo Jo
Rookie

Joey Jo Jo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to vote for Dario, because I used to really like him. I actually got introduced to him by the late Greg Moore and spent some time with them hanging out. I wonder what Greg would think about all this? I know he had success on ovals but would he have jumped ship? I don't think so! Long live the memory of 99
Old 1 Nov 2002, 22:06 (Ref:419824)   #20
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Greg always was a roadracer, just never had the equipuiment in Cart... I think he would have gone to Nascar before the IRL...although his main goal was F1.
Old 2 Nov 2002, 17:40 (Ref:420268)   #21
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jcclausen
Who's Jeff Gordon?
Well, for you he can be, lets say, the coach of Gainesville Banjoboys of ECHL (East Coast Hockey League).

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 2 Nov 2002, 19:23 (Ref:420330)   #22
Liz
Veteran

He doesn't drive open wheel cars so we don't talk about him much over here. Whether he drives a taxi in the USA or coaches a hockey team doesn't matter.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 22:17 (Ref:422527)   #23
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you want us to vote for who we think is least popular with the public, or our own least favorite?

The word "popular" implies feelings shared by a number of people but most seem to be voting on their personal least favorite.

This season, Bruno Junquera has replaced Paul Tracy as my least favorite driver. I have no idea who the least popular is, nor do I care.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 23:23 (Ref:422598)   #24
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
I don't think Bruno was that bad a guy, at least in person he seemed like a nice guy. But, he definately has a temper, and the attitude that it's never his fault...

It wasn't long ago Michael was one of the most popular around the Cart paddock, and he always seemed to love to turn away his fans. He always seemed to be running away from them. I wonder how it is now...
Old 5 Nov 2002, 23:52 (Ref:422625)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Whatever criterion they were using to judge the "Most Popular Driver" which I suspect meant "Driver Whose Name I can Recognize" for some people and personal preference for others. (I voted for Gil Who).

Voting is not obligatory unless you are in Australia when you will be fined $50 if you don't vote.