Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jul 2023, 20:01 (Ref:4166875)   #51
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully if nothing much changes it can all go on sale at the same time (although I hope to camping sorted long before ACO sale starts).

But I’d rather have a slow system than pay high booking fees on a ticketing platform
Old 12 Jul 2023, 08:28 (Ref:4168035)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I've just submitted a deposit to TD for Porsche Curves next year. Hopefully I'll make the final list.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 11:01 (Ref:4168050)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nothing like forward planning.....
Old 17 Jul 2023, 11:18 (Ref:4168744)   #54
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got my renewal letter from the ACO today, they ate encouraging signing up for the members area at the race as part of the renewal for a bargain price of 48euros

Sean
Old 17 Jul 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4168749)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did mine just before I left for the trip.
Old 17 Jul 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4168772)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Got the same thing today, renewal due end july so will due basic membership in August, that way it will expire end of august next year
Old 18 Jul 2023, 07:26 (Ref:4168856)   #57
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Got my renewal letter from the ACO today, they ate encouraging signing up for the members area at the race as part of the renewal for a bargain price of 48euros

Sean
20% up on early 2023 price?
Old 18 Jul 2023, 07:35 (Ref:4168857)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I did mine just before I left for the trip.
Ditto.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 07:03 (Ref:4168984)   #59
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Sadly - officially - going to give '24 a skip and will watch from home again, but as a substitute, and since I've never been there so far, I'll be at Spa for the WEC race a month ahead.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 07:45 (Ref:4168986)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Missing the 24 in 24?
Old 24 Jul 2023, 12:44 (Ref:4169701)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, my ferry is booked for LM24.......
Old 24 Jul 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4169706)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Lol, peak enthusiasm. I'll go by train but allow the agent, probably TD, to book it.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 11:06 (Ref:4169874)   #63
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Same here. Was checking Brittany website most days this month. Then saw a sign-up sheet to keep me informed of when they went live. Needless to say they did not email when they went on sale. Anyway - one box ticked.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4170003)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
At least in part, this programme features in a plan to expand spectator space at the circuit. That seems sensible with Fillon predicting that the 2024 24 Hours will again be sold out.

Tickets will be released with priority given to ACO members, then to La Sarthe inhabitants (this was not the case in 2023) and then to all the other spectators.

From DSC....

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...cUv-5rkTUu3bWo
Old 26 Jul 2023, 21:44 (Ref:4170062)   #65
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The fear this year has got to be, for the first time possibly ever, people will buy extra general admission tickets for the soul purpose of selling on for a profit.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 07:40 (Ref:4170090)   #66
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg

Another reason for the official resale site to be open from day 1 and heavily promoted as the only place to buy and sell.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 08:36 (Ref:4170108)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The fear this year has got to be, for the first time possibly ever, people will buy extra general admission tickets for the soul purpose of selling on for a profit.
Yep, sadly probably so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Another reason for the official resale site to be open from day 1 and heavily promoted as the only place to buy and sell.
Yeah, I hope they've learned their lessons with that one.

My primary hope is that they don't mess us around with entry/grandstand at first and then camping/parking a month later. That was disastrous.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4170115)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i am sure the ACO will do something different for 2024 tickets, we just need to wait and see
Old 27 Jul 2023, 11:22 (Ref:4170129)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What do you reckon the odds are that all tickets will be e-tickets in 2024?
Old 27 Jul 2023, 11:37 (Ref:4170131)   #70
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What do you reckon the odds are that all tickets will be e-tickets in 2024?
I wonder if there was an issue with multiple people trying to use the same e-ticket this year. For example because of dodgy resellers selling the same ticket to many people.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 12:11 (Ref:4170133)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I heard (anecdotally) of a couple.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 14:58 (Ref:4170151)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i saw several incidents at the classic where people were having trouble with the readers saying they were already inside the ge area but did not hang around to find out what happened.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4170163)   #73
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw plenty of people having 'computer says no' issues at the race proper, but sensed the gate staff had pretty much given up at The Classic, a quick visual check of the e-ticket and waved on through.

I shall persevere with e-tickets again next year, they worked perfick for me personally.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4170170)   #74
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I shall persevere with e-tickets again next year, they worked perfick for me personally.
Troubles with e-tickets can come from the printer. Otherwise it works fine. Really fine.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4170203)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As a 'ticket collector' I shall continue to buy hard copy tickets if at all possible. There's something 'comforting' about having a physical ticket.....

Hopefully though we won't have another faff over stickers for car parking... Sending stickers out for tickets that I already had in hard copy seemed plain daft to me. As it happens, I still have my stickers in my windscreen.....