Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3424161)   #1
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
a word of warning about standing at the front of t34 for either the start or the finish - it's really annoying for those who have tickets for the front row, and technically really it's their spot. some guy did that to us at the start (without asking) and i nearly threw him overboard. make sure you check very carefully that there's nobody due to sit behind you, because they may turn up after you do.

block d doesn't have access from the back paddock, you have to use a, b and c and walk over. you can exit through the hospitality paddock though.
bella, at the start of the race the stand was full and there were a lot of people standing over the fence in front of the first row. I suppose that they bothered them but everyone stayed there. In fact, we where at six row and several guys sitted on the stairs by my side and fifth row and i had to take the arm of one of them because he stand up and almost ruined the first lap corner.

At the end of the race, i was surprised because there was nobody on the first and second rows, and the third was half empty... so we didnt bother none.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3424150)   #2
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with kaseo88 - thanks to the members of the forum for all of the information! My son and I had a fantastic time - the info shared here helped us immensely!!
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3424163)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think people just expect to be asked to move, or think that because they were there earlier it's their spot. you're right about how few people there were in the stand at the finish - i guess some of them were in the pitlane but it was strange because it's one of two reasons why you get a grandstand seat in the first place!

glad you enjoyed it and had a great weekend, it's a really underrated stand
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3424173)   #4
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think people just expect to be asked to move, or think that because they were there earlier it's their spot. you're right about how few people there were in the stand at the finish - i guess some of them were in the pitlane but it was strange because it's one of two reasons why you get a grandstand seat in the first place!

glad you enjoyed it and had a great weekend, it's a really underrated stand
Thanks a lot bella, you also helped me and other "newbies" to enjoy this party of the motorsport.

You're right, maybe you could tell that is a little "boring" grandstand since you only see the straigth, but to view the pits from above and REALLY near, and also that nice roof that saved us from the two showers on saturday is really underrated. Also, i didn't see any other really perfect grandstand. If i go another year i will have T34 in my first options without doubt.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3424240)   #5
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now we have to retrieve all ideas and experiences from this year, and then we could do a sum up of this entire thread for the next 24H, in several weeks (only 51 indeed).

CTD ?
Old 20 Jun 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3424361)   #6
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Now we have to retrieve all ideas and experiences from this year, and then we could do a sum up of this entire thread for the next 24H, in several weeks (only 51 indeed).

CTD ?
Sounds like a very good idea.
Sort of an "answer for every question at Le Mans" guide .
Wanted to do one of these for a long time, just don't have the time... yet
Old 21 Jun 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3424499)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know when we are likely to hear about a date for 2015?
Old 21 Jun 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3424514)   #8
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably shouldn't say who but I heard the other day that one organiser is accepting provisional bookings for w/e of 13/14 June.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3424634)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i would have to put my money on the 20th/21st as the 21st is mid summers day and therefore the day with the least amount of darkness, traditionally le mans is usually the weekend preceeding that day
Old 21 Jun 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3424670)   #10
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i would have to put my money on the 20th/21st as the 21st is mid summers day and therefore the day with the least amount of darkness, traditionally le mans is usually the weekend preceeding that day
The race is usually at the end of the 24th week of the year, so the 13th and 14th June.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3424702)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The race is usually at the end of the 24th week of the year, so the 13th and 14th June.
exactly, the 2nd weekend of June
Old 21 Jun 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3424707)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Same weekend as this year would suit me. Hopefully now the deal with the FIA/F1 calendar means we should get some stability.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3424711)   #13
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Same weekend as this year would suit me. Hopefully now the deal with the FIA/F1 calendar means we should get some stability.
Agreed!
Just wish they could coordinate it with the danish education system too
Old 22 Jun 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3424854)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've assumed 13/14 June and when I go back to work on Tuesday, I'll be booking the leave!
Old 28 Jul 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3439328)   #15
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't really know where to post this question, so i'll post it here: is there full race data for the years prior to 2011 still available somewhere on the net (or does any of you have the pdf files) like the ones we have from 2011 on here: http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/ ?
i remember they used to post the full timing data on the official aco site, but they don't do it anymore and the old ones aren't there anymore either.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3464081)   #16
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure which thread to post this in so if it's on the wrong one, apologies as I'm new to the forum (wish I had found this year's ago!)

Had a dream since the age of 6 ( I know very young!) , to visit le mans but have never been able to go until next year. Sadly I can't drive and It's likely that I will be traveling on my own so I have a couple of questions about planning a trip.

First and most importantly, it too late to book now for next year or should I wait for 2016?

Secondly, has anyone travelled by train/coach on there own and how was it and how much does it roughly cost.

Sorry for all the questions but if it possible to go to Le Mans next year then I will be so happy!
Old 12 Oct 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3464083)   #17
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Not sure which thread to post this in so if it's on the wrong one, apologies as I'm new to the forum (wish I had found this year's ago!)

Had a dream since the age of 6 ( I know very young!) , to visit le mans but have never been able to go until next year. Sadly I can't drive and It's likely that I will be traveling on my own so I have a couple of questions about planning a trip.

First and most importantly, it too late to book now for next year or should I wait for 2016?

Secondly, has anyone travelled by train/coach on there own and how was it and how much does it roughly cost.

Sorry for all the questions but if it possible to go to Le Mans next year then I will be so happy!
It's always good to book early because you get more choice - but by the same token, it's never too late to book. But it can get difficult. But we've booked our trip much, much later than this before.

I'd travel by coach if I were you because you'll probably meet people who will become your friends over the course of your trip, and there will be others on the same boat as you (literally, when you're on the cross-channel ferry).

Yes, you should go in 2015. And also 2016. And '17, '18, '19....
Old 12 Oct 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3464090)   #18
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:

I can't help much on the traveling to Le Mans for you, however I can recommend the Ten-Tenths International Camp!
LM24 Race International Ten-Tenths camp II (2015)
Here there will be other Le Mans enthusiasts who are going alone also .
I have stayed there for 3 years now, and will also be there for my 4th, in 2015!
Old 12 Oct 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3464115)   #19
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I can't help much on the traveling to Le Mans for you, however I can recommend the Ten-Tenths International Camp!
LM24 Race International Ten-Tenths camp II (2015)
Here there will be other Le Mans enthusiasts who are going alone also .
I have stayed there for 3 years now, and will also be there for my 4th, in 2015!
Thanks for both of your responses
The international camp sounds interesting and I will email the person for more information
Old 12 Oct 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3464139)   #20
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Thanks for both of your responses
The international camp sounds interesting and I will email the person for more information
Do that, you are also very welcome to post any questions in here or to me
Old 12 Oct 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3464158)   #21
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suss out how long you want to be there for, find somewhere to stay and then just work back from there. Everything can be sorted even at the last minute. Where there's a will there's a way.

If you're not driving, camping on site is certainly your best bet. In my opinion it's the best way regardless. I'd recommend trying to see all the track sessions - so getting there at least by Wednesday morning. That's not always possible but it gives you time to get your bearings and soak it all in.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 06:15 (Ref:3464318)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thirty years ago i went down by coach on Friday and unfortunately i got addicted, next year will be number 30 for me, i have always gone by car since but this year my daugher could only go down on friday evening so she caught the coach down, it is possible to do the trip from about £200 but in reality as said it is better to try and arrange a longer trip and join a group on one of the campsites, the international site is full of strange people who for some reason travel the world to congregate in a field in June, they are very friendly and that is a good way of doing it, our site on tertre Rouge is always happy to welcome people but getting TR camping tickets is much harder as it is only a small site, however you will be welcome there, and in the past we have collected people from the train station when they arrive. Keep an eye on this and other sites and i am sure you will find people from your locality with spare seats who will be happy to share costs, trust me you will love it
Old 13 Oct 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3464436)   #23
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Cheers for everyone's help with this, much appreciated. As for the first time ever I can go and with what the entry list for next year looks to be like, this there a way I can't go!

Also, I can go early in the week and as I'm not if I could in the coming years then an early arrival is the plan and for me I associate camping with Le Mans so I would be camping.

The biggest hurdle is the travel to Le Mans as the earliest coaches I've found leave on the Thursday morning and I don't know how difficult it will be carrying all my stuff including a tent on train.

Probably will be leaving from close to Northampton so train link to London is good.
Again thanks for everyone's help so far, you've made me realise that this trip is possible!!
Old 13 Oct 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3464457)   #24
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Cheers for everyone's help with this, much appreciated. As for the first time ever I can go and with what the entry list for next year looks to be like, this there a way I can't go!

Also, I can go early in the week and as I'm not if I could in the coming years then an early arrival is the plan and for me I associate camping with Le Mans so I would be camping.

The biggest hurdle is the travel to Le Mans as the earliest coaches I've found leave on the Thursday morning and I don't know how difficult it will be carrying all my stuff including a tent on train.

Probably will be leaving from close to Northampton so train link to London is good.
Again thanks for everyone's help so far, you've made me realise that this trip is possible!!
If you're disciplined about packing taking camping gear on the train is utterly straightforward. The only recommendation is I might investigate changing trains at Lille (where it's just a case of a short walk from the international station to the domestic one) rather than Paris where you'd have to get involved on the metro, where having all your kit might be a pain. By the same token, making your connection in London from Euston to St Pancras is probably easier walking along Euston Road than mucking about with underground.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3464846)   #25
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
If you're disciplined about packing taking camping gear on the train is utterly straightforward. The only recommendation is I might investigate changing trains at Lille (where it's just a case of a short walk from the international station to the domestic one) rather than Paris where you'd have to get involved on the metro, where having all your kit might be a pain. By the same token, making your connection in London from Euston to St Pancras is probably easier walking along Euston Road than mucking about with underground.
However, if you're leaving from "near Northampton" and "near" is on the west side of town, you'd do better to leave from Kettering or Wellingborough, which takes you straight into St Pancras - same station as Eurostar.

As regards Die Bahn railway timetable, you can also use SNCF's own timetable which will also tell you the fare. Just google for SNCF
Closed Thread