Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Apr 2020, 09:55 (Ref:3973317)   #176
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Doesn't have to be. Just check the videos from 24h 2CV in recent years - as they were also on that last October weekend.
this is good because i had images in my head of either 23 and a half hours of rain or having penguins help with packdown...
Old 28 Apr 2020, 15:03 (Ref:3973390)   #177
IdealLine
Rookie

IdealLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this is good because i had images in my head of either 23 and a half hours of rain or having penguins help with packdown...
I ran the 24 C1 last year and it came pretty close to that 23 and a half hours of rain! Its pretty common in that time of the year. Extremely cold and foggy too, but the race ran without a stoppage which could not be said of the SRO 24! There will be lots more night running though. I really hope the C1 24 will get a new date also as it was planned for that very weekend, or maybe just run it with the GT3's
Old 30 Apr 2020, 13:32 (Ref:3973796)   #178
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Spa 24 hours starts at their 'normal' time of 16:30 on Saturday afternoon, they will have at most 90 minutes of running in daylight on the Saturday as the sun sets around 18:00 (providing there is any sun to see!).

Maybe they will decide to start it it earlier to get more daylight running on the Saturday. Certainly going to have a very different feel to it and it isn't going to be warm but it surely certainly can't be any wetter that last year!
Old 5 May 2020, 16:26 (Ref:3974641)   #179
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
A statement released by KTM claims that the X-Bow GT2 will be eligible for the GT World Challenge Europe powered by AWS Sprint Cup, which aligns with other rumors that GT2 cars could be in some way incorporated into the typically GT3-only sprint series.

Source:
https://sportscar365.com/industry/kt...begin-in-fall/
Old 15 May 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3976331)   #180
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://sportscar365.com/sro/world-c...or-july-start/

FOUR events, but maintaining 10x sprint races but doing 3x races on 2 of the weekends, and the full duration of endurance racing but running a second 6hr at Nurburgring
Old 16 May 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3976619)   #181
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adrien de Leener together with Mikkel Pedersen and Andrea Rizzoli in a Dinamic Porsche.
http://gt-place.com/2020/05/16/adrie...port-aufgebot/
Juuso Puhakka will race a Toksport WRT Mercedes in the GT World Challenge Europe Sprint Cup.
http://gt-place.com/2020/05/14/toksp...rld-challenge/
Old 17 May 2020, 10:04 (Ref:3976722)   #182
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Endurance race at Imola would be a lot of fun to watch if a) it comes off and b) they plan to broadcast it.

Feels very soon though, although cycling race Strade Bianchi is scheduled a week later and that's a bit harder to control than a race circuit.
Old 17 May 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3976740)   #183
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting that the first two races are at Italian circuits not far apart. That obviously helps with logistics and SRO are not the sort of organisation to put announce races unless the authorities have agreed to it.

An endurance race at Imola would be very high up my list of events to go to. I've personally got no problem traveling there and I expect I would be able to by then, but no word on whether SRO expect these two races (and the ones in August) to have spectators or not. I realise they can't know that for sure, but I imagine they must have a working assumption one way or the other.

No reason to suppose it won't be broadcast. All SRO races are and the crew required for a basic broadcast is minimal. The commentators don't even need to be there.
Old 17 May 2020, 21:04 (Ref:3976811)   #184
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
I just don't understand why SRO is gonna start the season in the most affected country in Europe. Seems very unreasonable.
Old 17 May 2020, 23:30 (Ref:3976836)   #185
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
erm, they’ve come out of lockdown and have allowed people to travel again. what has ‘most affected” got to do with what’s going to happen in two months time?

also, formula renault is at monza in the second weekend of july. so it’s not as if sro are the pigeon here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Interesting that the first two races are at Italian circuits not far apart. That obviously helps with logistics and SRO are not the sort of organisation to put announce races unless the authorities have agreed to it.
imo it won't make a difference - the two italian events are two weeks apart, and it's 2 days for most teams to get their trucks back to their home country. british teams have british gt, the germans have gt masters. not sure how much of sro's setup overlaps but it's not likely to be more than a couple of trucks and they're based at paul ricard.

Last edited by bella; 17 May 2020 at 23:37.
Old 18 May 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3976873)   #186
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I just don't understand why SRO is gonna start the season in the most affected country in Europe. Seems very unreasonable.
On what grounds do you think Italy is the most affected?
Old 18 May 2020, 07:41 (Ref:3976874)   #187
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russia, UK and Spain are more affected in Europe...
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Old 18 May 2020, 11:27 (Ref:3976921)   #188
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i’ll have no issues going to italy. in fact, i’m really pleased we can go to support the country and help get back to as close to normal as possible. us staying in hotels and hopefully dining out (if its allowed) will help the local area far more than #thoughtsandprayers.
Old 18 May 2020, 11:54 (Ref:3976925)   #189
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
On what grounds do you think Italy is the most affected?
#JuntosFacts
Old 18 May 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3976934)   #190
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I’d book travel for Imola and Misano in a flash if I was sure spectators will be allowed. No mention from SRO of their expectations regarding spectators. They won’t know for sure of course, but discussions with the circuits and local authorities must have included the subject.
Old 18 May 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3976963)   #191
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As things stand now, the opening round(s) are to be meetings without spectators.
Old 18 May 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3976975)   #192
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i’ll have no issues going to italy. in fact, i’m really pleased we can go to support the country and help get back to as close to normal as possible. us staying in hotels and hopefully dining out (if its allowed) will help the local area far more than #thoughtsandprayers.
You can do that later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Russia, UK and Spain are more affected in Europe...
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
How about you divide that number per number of habitants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
As things stand now, the opening round(s) are to be meetings without spectators.
It would sound more obvious to start in Austria or Hungary per example.
Old 18 May 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3976989)   #193
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It would sound more obvious to start in Austria or Hungary per example.
Italy will open its borders earlier and without quarantine orders. Austria has still closed its borders and you either need a medical certificate to enter or quarantine yourself for two weeks. Hungary is also still in lockdown when it comes to international travel.

It's not that the GT World Challenge Europe could do what F1 wants to do with the 'biosphere-idea' that Ross Brawn suggested.
Old 18 May 2020, 21:04 (Ref:3977023)   #194
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

How about you divide that number per number of habitants?
That still doesn't make Italy the worst affected. Belgium and Spain are higher.
Old 2 Jun 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3979730)   #195
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Nicolas Schöll will drive for Attempto Racing.
http://gt-place.com/2020/06/01/gt-wo...tempto-racing/
Old 5 Jun 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3980309)   #196
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Following the “voluntary release program” (job cuts) to the roadcar business Bentley have ended its works motorsport program with immediate effect. Will focus on customer programs.

https://twitter.com/autosport/status...840268289?s=21

Last edited by tux; 5 Jun 2020 at 12:41.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 12:30 (Ref:3980315)   #197
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Following the “voluntary release program” (job cuts) to the roadcar business Bentley have ended its motorsport program with immediate effect.

Only the factory programm in the IGTC.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 06:47 (Ref:3981664)   #198
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Following the “voluntary release program” (job cuts) to the roadcar business Bentley have ended its works motorsport program with immediate effect. Will focus on customer programs.

I listened to the Midweek Motorsport interview, it isn't quite as dramatic as that.

The works programme (M-Sport) will continue to support customer teams, and they will continue to review the situation. They are keeping works drivers.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3981672)   #199
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
I listened to the Midweek Motorsport interview, it isn't quite as dramatic as that.

The works programme (M-Sport) will continue to support customer teams, and they will continue to review the situation. They are keeping works drivers.

Yes the only programme cancelled is the factory funded IGTC cars. And that is most likely heavily influenced by the fact Suzuka is cancelled, Kyalami is in question, and they will already have customer teams confirmed for both Spa and Indy 8hr representing the Bentley badge. So really in the current climate It makes little sense to run factory cars in addition
Old 18 Jun 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3982580)   #200
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Black Falcon will no longer run GT3-Cars:
http://gt-place.com/2020/06/18/neuau...n-kundensport/
The new HAUPT RACING TEAM will take over the GT3-Program
http://gt-place.com/2020/06/18/haupt...-an-den-start/