Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 May 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3976756)   #351
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
OK, I thought you'd all be just about ready for another one of my blotchy pictures, it's another who, what where & when question and the where bit is pretty easy...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Who What Where & When 4.png
Views:	22
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	60869
Old 17 May 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3976775)   #352
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
it's another who, what where & when question
This is a Viva GT picture, a super truck and when Viva found the button of his camera! Good?
Old 18 May 2020, 06:49 (Ref:3976869)   #353
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
This is a Viva GT picture, a super truck and when Viva found the button of his camera! Good?
Thank you for trying Gerard!
Old 18 May 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3976892)   #354
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Redgate some time around 87 I would guess? Truck GP? says Bedford on the front so with a clue like that I say its a Bedford! No idea who though.
Old 18 May 2020, 09:51 (Ref:3976894)   #355
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Barry Sheen ? he did a bit of truck racing didn't he ?
Old 18 May 2020, 09:57 (Ref:3976898)   #356
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotustwincam View Post
Redgate some time around 87 I would guess? Truck GP? says Bedford on the front so with a clue like that I say its a Bedford! No idea who though.
A bit earlier than that, but the location is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Barry Sheen ? he did a bit of truck racing didn't he ?
Sheene was also in the race but his DAF was (of course) No 7.
Old 18 May 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3976902)   #357
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally I would have not truck with lorry racing, but maybe it is Steve Parrish.
Old 18 May 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3976913)   #358
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Personally I would have not truck with lorry racing, but maybe it is Steve Parrish.
No, sorry Baub, this driver was more well known (I think) for Sports 2000 & later on Touring Cars...
Old 20 May 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3977287)   #359
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
OK, I thought you'd all be just about ready for another one of my blotchy pictures, it's another who, what where & when question and the where bit is pretty easy...
Attachment 60869
OK, just to give you the answer (whilst I remember it) although I'm sore nobody is losing any sleep over this.
It's Mike O'Brien at the 1985 British Truck Grand Prix which was clearly held at Donington Park. Autoglass have appeared as his sponsors over the gears and the other connection is Bedford being part of General Motors (at the time) and of course Mike went on to drive a Holden in the BTCC.
Thank you and goodnight!
Old 20 May 2020, 17:51 (Ref:3977380)   #360
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Really???? No kidding!!!! Phew made my day and may be the week too… Any other please…
Old 21 May 2020, 09:49 (Ref:3977477)   #361
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Really???? No kidding!!!! Phew made my day and may be the week too… Any other please…
Gerard, you should not allow Bauble access to your log-in details so that he can comment and make it look like it was you!
Old 21 May 2020, 12:30 (Ref:3977513)   #362
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sure Bro!
Old 24 Jun 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3983645)   #363
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I took the liberty of posting this in here as an extension to a topic that was initially raised in "bauble's" picture thread. As it is not really pictures and so as not to detract from that thread I chose to continue it here.
(Sorry mods if I have overstepped the mark.... but done more out of respect for the picture parade thread.)

Anyway we got to discussing Aston Martin DBR3S's in particular a team that featured in a question posted.
'Old Tony' gave details of the Australian Kangaroo Stable Racing Team from the fifties, and for my part I added that to my knowledge I thought the Kangaroo Stable had been resurrected by an overseas based Aussie in the 1990's.

I did a bit of Googling and found out that the Aussie is a guy by the name of Kean Rogers. I found this article in a US Aston Martin Owners Club publication dated 2004
It re-iterates what 'OT' told us about the history and goes on to mention the status (as of 2004)
Quote:
ABOUT THE
KANGAROO STABLE
The Kangaroo Stable formed when a
group of enthusiastic Australian racing
drivers left home to race sports cars in
Europe. Late in 1954 Tony Gaze, a decorated WWII Spitfire pilot who’d previously raced DB3/9 and convinced Lord
March to use Goodwood aerodrome as a
race circuit, tried buying D-type Jaguars
for the Kangaroo Stable.When he couldn't
get a firm delivery date a quick word with
Aston team manager John Wyer resulted in
a promise of a trio of DB3Ss in time for
the start of the 1955 race season. The
Stable consisted of drivers David McKay
and Tony Gaze in DB3S/102,Tom Sulman
and Jack Brabham in DB3S/103 with Les
Cosh and Dick Cobden in DB3S/104.
After the tragic Le Mans of 1955 sportscar
racing in Europe dried up and the Stable
disbanded later in the year. Two cars (102
& 103) were exported to Australia to race,
with the third (104) finding a home in the
USA. Jack Brabham went on to F1 and
eventually three world championships,
McKay and Sulman returned to race in
Australia with their cars while Gaze stayed
on in England.
In 1993 the Kangaroo
Stable was resurrected by expat Aussie
Kean Rogers, now resident in the USA.
Since then the stable has grown to seven
Astons with two dedicated to racing both
in the USA and UK. More details of the
Kangaroo Stable and the cars can be found
at www.v8vantage.com.
Actually if anyone i interested here is a link to the AMOC US publication. A lot of mouthwatering cars and info:
https://amocna.org/wp-content/upload...-Spring-04.pdf

I also found a detailed account of McKay's Aston competition history from when it was sent to Australia (via NZ) for McKay to race downunder. Includes it's Speed Record activity.
https://primotipo.com/2017/09/28/dav...-martin-db3ss/
Old 24 Jun 2020, 17:41 (Ref:3983646)   #364
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done chap! Tanks…
Old 24 Jun 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3983649)   #365
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You ask a simple question ............................
Old 24 Jun 2020, 20:28 (Ref:3983670)   #366
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
You ask a simple question
About a kangaroo and all of a sudden, someone jumps on the occasion! Even in historic we "stick" to the actuality…
Old 25 Jun 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3983739)   #367
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
First driver/car builder to win Le Mans. Seven cars entered all finishing. Who am I?
Old 25 Jun 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3983748)   #368
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
First driver/car builder to win Le Mans. Seven cars entered all finishing. Who am I?
Is this an outright win or a class win?
Old 25 Jun 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3983750)   #369
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Jean Rondeau? Dont think he ran that many cars though.
Old 25 Jun 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3983785)   #370
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Jean Rondeau? Dont think he ran that many cars though.
That was my thought but I am sure he only had 3 cars.
Old 25 Jun 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3983796)   #371
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
That was my thought but I am sure he only had 3 cars.
Three cars entered, 1st & 2nd, and one retired. I do not think any other driver/constructor combination has ever won overall at Le Mans.

I wonder if Colin Chapman might be the answer to GerryMo's question, using class win?
Old 25 Jun 2020, 17:49 (Ref:3983822)   #372
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
EB got it right its Jean Rondeau M379 car in 1980, his team mate was an old bloke, the always nice and smiling Jean Pierre Jaussaud.
3 times GTP wins with 3 cars.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3984028)   #373
bauble
Veteran

England
Who might you associate with all of these cars?

PM only Gerard, if you get it right I will tell everyone how clever you are on the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1368.JPG   _MG_0311.jpg   816.JPG  

IMG_9051.JPG   IMG_4699.jpg   KWLA.jpg  

Old 26 Jun 2020, 18:28 (Ref:3984062)   #374
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK I send you a PM with a guess. But nobody will trust you anymore if you say I'm clever…*This is just impossible to believe!!!
Old 26 Jun 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3984063)   #375
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bingo, I'm wrong, my suggested name has no D Type in his file…*Next please!