Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 May 2020, 09:14 (Ref:3976059)   #51
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Just ordered a copy..........if John Elwin recommends..........
You won't get the added bonuses I did. My copy came complete with a birthday card tucked inside, albeit dated 1997. Ironically, the book was a birthday present to myself since that was this week, but now my good lady wants to know who Barbara is!

Despite all that, we had a lovely day out in Le Touquet & Etaples. Good to see life getting back to normal.
Old 14 May 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3976093)   #52
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Mine doesn't have a DJ so I'll wear one when I read it.
Don't go down the clothing route, Gordon may be reading this . . . remember capsicum-gate
Old 14 May 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3976097)   #53
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
My issue of the Bauble recommended 'SM' book has arrived today in great condition, with a good dust cover and I am looking forward to reading it. No signatures though.
Send it over and I will gladly sign it for you.
Old 25 May 2020, 02:00 (Ref:3978156)   #54
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A number of you have indicated that you have bought copies of the Stirling Moss book, and I would love to hear your thoughts on it. Is it as good as I said?
Anyone disappointed?

It would be nice to know.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 25 May 2020, 02:23 (Ref:3978158)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As you said it gives a good view of racing in the ‘50s not just with Moss. I’ve not read much of it yet. Just read the bot about the race at Silverstone when two drivers tried to get into the same Allard at the Le Mans start!

The style of the race reports reminds me of Full Throttle . No unnecessary prose, but not simply factual either. A writer concerned primarily with the topic, not with their writing. Refreshing.
Old 25 May 2020, 03:55 (Ref:3978165)   #56
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agree with what Adam said.
I really like the way it is written.
Not finished it yet but by coincidence had a bit of a read of it yesterday, and it has now been promoted to be next to my chair in the lounge so will get more attention this week.
Far from disappointed with it.
I have even recommended it to others.
Old 25 May 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3978187)   #57
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm afraid I haven't read it yet, as it is in a bit of a queue, but will be next but one.

This morning I have received another eBay purchase, an as new copy of 'Stirling Moss - My Cars, My Career', for the princely sum of 8 euros, written with Doug Nye. Published in 1987, it will make an interesting companion volume.

Somewhat amusingly, Stirling has dedicated it "For Elliot, who I hope will never want to feel the magic of ten-tenths."