Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 May 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3976920)   #1
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC BRANDS SUPER PRIX 2020.. ENTRIES OPEN

Im entered !
Old 18 May 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3976959)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm no longer a member.
Old 18 May 2020, 16:23 (Ref:3976970)   #3
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had short look at possibly entering my Lotus 22 into this event

only to find out that I would have to do 14 days of quarantine as things stand at the moment

so, quite literally, a non starter

RuE
Old 18 May 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3976971)   #4
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've entered! Might be a touch optimistic given the current situation and that we haven't done much to the car this year! It's 40 miles away from me!!
Old 18 May 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3976974)   #5
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping they'll allow spectators based on the sparse crowd normally for this event.
Old 19 May 2020, 11:17 (Ref:3977127)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems French competitors are welcome:
In line with the joint working previously announced between the HSCC, Masters Historic Racing and French-based HVM Racing, an invitation is open to all competitors with suitable cars to take part in the event. The requirement for Masters and HVM competitors to pay a temporary HSCC membership has been lifted for this event.
Old 19 May 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3977204)   #7
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see anything in the guidance about events behind closed doors and Brands are still selling tickets so can we assume spectators will be allowed? The future suddenly looks a lot brighter. For club racing anyway...
Old 19 May 2020, 20:45 (Ref:3977208)   #8
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I can't see anything in the guidance about events behind closed doors and Brands are still selling tickets so can we assume spectators will be allowed? The future suddenly looks a lot brighter. For club racing anyway...
Indeed can't wait!
Old 20 May 2020, 07:28 (Ref:3977264)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I can't see anything in the guidance about events behind closed doors and Brands are still selling tickets so can we assume spectators will be allowed?
I don't think Brands ever turned off ticket ordering from their website, other than for events up to the end of June where Motorsport UK had suspended permits.

HSCC have said on Facebook that they don't know yet what the answer is about spectators. It's all dependant on Govt advice, which as we know is a moving target. At this point, I wouldn't assume anything.
Old 20 May 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3977298)   #10
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm entered for both FJ and HRS, as much as anything I want to support the club/circuit/Delta!

I also want to get back behind the wheel for the first time since Oct 2018. Not quite sure how/when I'm going to retrieve the TR from its hibernation in Notts, can't honestly deem that essential travel at present ...

For what's it's worth, I'm not that confident that the event will go ahead, but if it does I'll be there. I think it is even less likely that there will be spectators, but I know nothing, and will simply await news from the powers-that-be ... with my fingers crossed.
Old 20 May 2020, 16:42 (Ref:3977368)   #11
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
I'm entered for both FJ and HRS, as much as anything I want to support the club/circuit/Delta!

I also want to get back behind the wheel for the first time since Oct 2018. Not quite sure how/when I'm going to retrieve the TR from its hibernation in Notts, can't honestly deem that essential travel at present ...

For what's it's worth, I'm not that confident that the event will go ahead, but if it does I'll be there. I think it is even less likely that there will be spectators, but I know nothing, and will simply await news from the powers-that-be ... with my fingers crossed.
I noticed that you'd put in an entry for the HRS race in your TR - I'll see you on the grid (assuming that it goes ahead, I'm hopeful). Be like old times.....
Old 21 May 2020, 22:01 (Ref:3977623)   #12
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I'll see you in the FJ James. I think the last time we were on track together (sort of) was your car and my suspension
Old 22 May 2020, 13:06 (Ref:3977690)   #13
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be good to be back on track with you Brian.

And yes, Colin, I'm forever grateful for the lone of some bits of your car in order to mine back on track!!

Fingers crossed we get to play!

Good weekend all ... stay off those beaches!
Old 26 May 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3978379)   #14
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just tested at the Ring, last Friday and Spa yesterday. All went very well with good social distance measures in place.
Got a test at Zandvoort on the 11th June and the Ring again on the 12th, Race at Hockenhiem mid July.... if we run our events on the same level as the two events ive just tested at, I cant see why it wont work over here.