Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Apr 2020, 17:50 (Ref:3969403)   #1926
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't get why some people are anti-sim racing at the minute. It's all we've got and its entertaining, why not watch?

Watch the NLS race at the weekend and was very enjoyable, Hindy can make pretty much anything sound exciting IMO

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Apr 2020, 18:45 (Ref:3969416)   #1927
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
I don't get why some people are anti-sim racing at the minute. It's all we've got and its entertaining, why not watch?
I'm not anti it at all, I'm just not interested. It's not real cars or real tracks. I'm delighted that people enjoy it, I hope it's successful, it's just not a substitute for real-world racing for me.

In other news, VLN have announced a revised calendar starting on 27 Jun, with a double-header 11/12 July and a finale on 21 Nov. All feels wonderfully optimistic but fingers crossed!
Old 8 Apr 2020, 20:50 (Ref:3969434)   #1928
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Each to their own. I do like watching sim racing occasionally, but I agree, it’s no substitute for the real thing
Old 9 Apr 2020, 01:58 (Ref:3969479)   #1929
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also because YouTube has LOTS of racing I haven't seen, with cars I never got to see in person, tracks I may not have seen as much and history I wouldn't have otherwise enjoyed. When I'm out of that and cars don't spin like frisbees and get magically repaired for the sponsors, then maybe iRacing but even then I got bored with the Indy Barber event
Old 9 Apr 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3969565)   #1930
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
YouTube racing channels are exploiting that, by showing old races at this time
Old 9 Apr 2020, 18:21 (Ref:3969650)   #1931
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Schedule:
http://gt-place.com/2020/04/08/neuer...en-serie-2020/
Old 15 Apr 2020, 11:25 (Ref:3970929)   #1932
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PistonClick has just published a guide to the Nordschleife for spectator photographers. Hope it is helpful as you prepare for the season - whatever and whenever it is ...

https://www.pistonclick.com/newpageecc91d16
Old 15 Apr 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3971011)   #1933
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Germany has joined Belgium in banning mass gatherings until 31 Aug. The federal system means individual states decide the exact rules but it's hard to see VLN surviving. That would mean the loss of all 5 VLNs planned to take place before the 24 Hour.

My only glimmer of hope is that the events might run with the grandstands closed but the Nordschleife open. But I'm probably clutching at straws having just had 6 planned trips to Spa and Nurburgring in July and August pulled out from under my feet.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 21:18 (Ref:3971590)   #1934
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

We shall start at close doors: https://sportscar365.com/other-serie...-closed-doors/
Old 20 May 2020, 03:35 (Ref:3977251)   #1935
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VLN logistics news - quite a pit lane arrangement!

http://www.automobilsport.com/race-c...eries,news.htm
Old 20 May 2020, 09:40 (Ref:3977288)   #1936
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a similar paddock sized pitlane thing was implemented in elms a while ago. i remember specifically the red bull ring where they didn't have enough garages for the formula renault 3.5 cars and elms, so the paddock was closed and cleared of spectators for the latters qualifying and race sessions at least and it became a live pitlane.

as long as drivers aren't trying to gain time and the speed limit is as pedestrian as it can be with some of those cars, it works ok.
Old 20 May 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3977300)   #1937
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I saw online that Jim Glickenhaus has pulled his cars from the N24 and pre-N24 VLN rounds unless the 24 is open to fans.
Old 20 May 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3977338)   #1938
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
I don’t get that. The procedures described above are for the VLN rounds in Jun-Aug while Germany has a ban on mass gatherings. As things stand N24 goes ahead as usual, with fans, in Sep. Of course that might change, but that’s not possible to predict now and is a different issue to getting VLN up and running now.
Old 20 May 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3977339)   #1939
S griffin
Veteran

I do wonder what is going on. I can understand them closing the doors for the first few VLN rounds, even though it may not quite work if you don't have the revenue. It will be back to normal though for the Nurburging 24. I am sure they have done it so the fans can attend. I feel it may take a while, but I look forward to things getting underway at the Nurburgring
Old 20 May 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3977349)   #1940
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I do wonder what is going on.
There’s no need to wonder. You could read the article linked to a few posts above, it describes VLN’s plan in some detail.

On Glickenhaus, I’ve seen the actual tweet now. They don’t want to race when there are no fans present. That means missing at least the Jun/Jul VLN rounds for sure and most likely the August ones too. They will race again when there is fans, which we all hope will mean the N24.
Old 20 May 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3977392)   #1941
S griffin
Veteran

It’s fine. I’ve seen what is said. I can understand them missing the unimportant races without fans, no need to do it there. The Nurburgring 24 is what matters, there should be fans there, at least enough
Old 22 May 2020, 02:31 (Ref:3977636)   #1942
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota Gazoo will not be at the 2020 N24:

https://toyotagazooracing.com/releas...g/0521-01.html
Old 22 May 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3977673)   #1943
S griffin
Veteran

Well it’s a shame they won’t be there, but I can understand why, especially with everything going on
Old 23 May 2020, 13:54 (Ref:3977889)   #1944
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Streaming race highlights from 2001-2019 over the next 24hrs, just started - forgot they used to let Caterham type cars run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM9RsxCK008
Old 23 May 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3977914)   #1945
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Streaming race highlights from 2001-2019 over the next 24hrs, just started - forgot they used to let Caterham type cars run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM9RsxCK008
Hi
We definitely plan to race The N24 this September. We believe it will be open to fans by then. Frankly if it's not safe to race openly by then I doubt the race will be held. Our new 004 is completely ready and our plan is to drive to the N24 in one of our road examples from our factory in Italy.
Best
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
CA45B436-3CEF-4598-8193-8D3C446D7EB9.jpg  

Last edited by Napolis; 23 May 2020 at 17:29.
Old 23 May 2020, 19:06 (Ref:3977927)   #1946
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Nice to hear those plans Jim. I'm hoping that within the next couple of months overall things will improve to the point where international competition can happen in reality and not just in the realm of gaming competitions.

Granted, there's still uncertainty in the short term with some stuff going on between England and France concerning quarantine measures and international travel.
Old 23 May 2020, 22:26 (Ref:3977956)   #1947
DreamLine
Rookie

DreamLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, everyone wants to race. But no one wants to quarantine for 14 days after race. We hope that everything will be fine.
Old 31 May 2020, 22:49 (Ref:3979535)   #1948
DreamLine
Rookie

DreamLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Germany is working hard on concepts for public events. Football, concerts and other. Allowed to meet groups and so on. Borders will open and there should be no quarantine. By 24 hours there will be no social distance. VLN will be a check.
Old 1 Jun 2020, 06:54 (Ref:3979561)   #1949
S griffin
Veteran

Germany have done very well to get through this. It's good that the football and other sports are back running in there. Everything has progressed nicely. So the 24 hours should go ahead as planned with fans which is good. It's good too to have some VLN races go ahead beforehand to make sure everything is ok. I am looking forward to it all starting again
Old 1 Jun 2020, 07:00 (Ref:3979563)   #1950
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLine View Post
Germany is working hard on concepts for public events. Football, concerts and other. Allowed to meet groups and so on. Borders will open and there should be no quarantine. By 24 hours there will be no social distance. VLN will be a check.
What still remains to be seen is in how far the virus is seasonal... by late September we might be looking at a second wave of infections and increased restrictions.