Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 May 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4053219)   #4601
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even more;
Attached Thumbnails
See Red b 052.JPG   See Red b 056.JPG   See Red b 064.JPG  

See Red b 074.JPG   See Red b 082.JPG   See Red b 087.JPG  

Old 25 May 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4053284)   #4602
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And now for something completely different!
From the archives, pre digital era.
Attached Thumbnails
img20200206_17365786 (2).png   Used as well (7).png   Used (4).png  

Used (2).png   Used as well (2).png   Used (9).png  

Old 25 May 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4053285)   #4603
bauble
Veteran

England
And more 'old stuff'.
Attached Thumbnails
Also used (6).png   img20200908_20112179 (4).png   img20200908_20112179 (5).png  

img20200908_20112179 (6).png   img20200908_20141769 (2).png  

Last edited by bauble; 25 May 2021 at 08:44.
Old 25 May 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4053297)   #4604
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob – fabulous stuff.
Old 26 May 2021, 04:30 (Ref:4053386)   #4605
bauble
Veteran

England
G'day,
Attached Thumbnails
FIS1.JPG   _MG_0119.JPG   _MG_0059.JPG  

_MG_0250.jpg   _MG_0294.JPG   _MG_0565.JPG  

Old 26 May 2021, 04:33 (Ref:4053387)   #4606
bauble
Veteran

England
More of;
Attached Thumbnails
FIS2.JPG   _MG_3911.JPG   FIS4.JPG  

_MG_3895.JPG   FIS3.JPG   IMG_0883.JPG  

Old 26 May 2021, 04:37 (Ref:4053388)   #4607
bauble
Veteran

England
One more load;
Attached Thumbnails
See Red a 107.JPG   See Red a 101.JPG   See Red a 112.JPG  

See Red a 124.JPG   See Red a 132.JPG   See Red a 096.JPG  

Old 26 May 2021, 04:43 (Ref:4053389)   #4608
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
G'day,
Noted and honoured that you must have got up at "Sparrows f*rt" to post pictures in my early afternoon.

As an aside, In #4601 what is car #47. Anyone
Old 26 May 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4053397)   #4609
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Number 47 is the Willment Climax the subject of threads on both Ten Tenths and Autosport tnf and much of its period history can be found on racingsportscars.com. Driven by Graham Hill among others in period I think it was driven by Barry Cannell in modern historic racing.
Old 26 May 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4053409)   #4610
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Number 47 is the Willment Climax the subject of threads on both Ten Tenths and Autosport tnf and much of its period history can be found on racingsportscars.com. Driven by Graham Hill among others in period I think it was driven by Barry Cannell in modern historic racing.
See EB? There is always a smarty pants lurking on the forum, who knows everything.

Lucky for me actually, because half the time I have not a clue what it is I am posting.

Well done Cheddars Old Chap.
Old 26 May 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4053422)   #4611
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
See EB? There is always a smarty pants lurking on the forum, who knows everything.

Lucky for me actually, because half the time I have not a clue what it is I am posting.

Well done Cheddars Old Chap.
Thanks Bauble - just hope I'm right !
Old 26 May 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4053423)   #4612
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

...... half the time I have not a clue what it is I am posting.
That is why I did not direct my question at you directly Bob, and went with a further reaching 'anyone'.
I know what you mean, from personal experience, so now always try to keep a programme and / or entry list of any meetings I go to with camera. Like the rest of me the memory is not as good as it once was.

Quote:
Thanks Cheddars.... I was aware of the car from looking at it but just could not place it or certainly not its history. Thanks for imparting / sharing your knowledge.
Old 26 May 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4053428)   #4613
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thanks Bauble - just hope I'm right !
Curse you are C. I just thought it would be nice for someone to show off a bit. I did see it racing in period..

Overall am I impressed with your knowledge on things obscure.
Old 26 May 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4053438)   #4614
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'm as impressed as E.B. with your dedication in rising early to ensure we have our daily issue of photographic delights (and in my case, often puzzlement ).

Thanks as ever, Bob!
Old 26 May 2021, 12:08 (Ref:4053443)   #4615
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I'm as impressed as E.B. with your dedication in rising early to ensure we have our daily issue of photographic delights (and in my case, often puzzlement ).

Thanks as ever, Bob!
Do you silly beggars, think I got up for your benefit?

Such vanity!!!
Old 26 May 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4053444)   #4616
bauble
Veteran

England
Well as you all so nice:
Attached Thumbnails
See Red b 009.JPG   See Red b 023.JPG   See Red b 029.JPG  

See Red b 036.JPG   IMG_1397.JPG   OB2.JPG  

Old 26 May 2021, 12:23 (Ref:4053446)   #4617
bauble
Veteran

England
Half a puzzle, and half a normal post. It's up to you.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0011.jpg   IMG_0012.jpg   IMG_0014.jpg  

IMG_0015.jpg   IMG_0016.jpg   IMG_0017.jpg  

Old 26 May 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4053455)   #4618
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Half an answer then....silver*****!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 26 May 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4053459)   #4619
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Half an answer then....silver*****!
Half a whit, maybe?

Not all Silver another Trade Mark is in there!
Old 26 May 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4053462)   #4620
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I do sometimes despair at what some parents name their offspring. I think that Mr and Mrs Padding naming their child Plastic just about takes the biscuit!
Old 26 May 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4053487)   #4621
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is number 20 the odd one out as it's the only picture from Brands Hatch (the others are Silverstone) and the only non F3?

Or, if you add all the race numbers up, you get...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa 158.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	812.3 KB
ID:	68740
(Not my picture by the way)
Old 26 May 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4053497)   #4622
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Is number 20 the odd one out as it's the only picture from Brands Hatch (the others are Silverstone) and the only non F3?

Or, if you add all the race numbers up, you get...
Attachment 68740
(Not my picture by the way)
Quite true, Alf, but they are just a bunch of old pictures really.
Old 26 May 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4053500)   #4623
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quite true, Alf, but they are just a bunch of old pictures really.
Sorry, but I got a bit confused with the picture puzzles thread
Old 28 May 2021, 03:00 (Ref:4053625)   #4624
bauble
Veteran

England
Can't sleep;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0078(2).jpg   _MG_0083.JPG   _MG_0106.JPG  

_MG_0210.JPG   _MG_0224.JPG   _MG_0269.JPG  

Old 28 May 2021, 03:03 (Ref:4053627)   #4625
bauble
Veteran

England
Good afternoon, EB;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0234.JPG   _MG_0241.JPG   _MG_0599.JPG  

IMG_3268.JPG   IMG_4702.JPG   IMG_1787.JPG