Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Aug 2020, 10:54 (Ref:3998264)   #801
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We had Albi and Dijon going well, Charade is this weekend with no issue so far thanks to HVM. To say that our national championship receives few spectators is a nice wording…*
Tour Auto Optic 2000 will start as planed on Monday next. Dont think the maximum of 5000 people in the same place will affect the Grand Palais usual paying crowd.
Old 27 Aug 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3998297)   #802
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
We had Albi and Dijon going well, Charade is this weekend with no issue so far thanks to HVM. To say that our national championship receives few spectators is a nice wording…*
Tour Auto Optic 2000 will start as planed on Monday next. Dont think the maximum of 5000 people in the same place will affect the Grand Palais usual paying crowd.

However, Spa 6H will take place behind closed doors......
Old 27 Aug 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3998319)   #803
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As per Jeremy Hall in the Spa 6hrs thread, the FIA has cancelled all historic championships so Masters Sports Cars and Historic F1 is cancelled. I think this will also impact Peter Auto.
Old 27 Aug 2020, 15:44 (Ref:3998328)   #804
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be do may be dont. Logically the PA championships should be cancelled because they are FIA sanctioned as you suggest. No communication ATM, neither directly nor through their website or FB page. And I dont think this could deeply impact the grids support, its supposed to be for pleasure only…
Old 27 Aug 2020, 15:59 (Ref:3998334)   #805
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
May be do may be dont. Logically the PA championships should be cancelled because they are FIA sanctioned as you suggest. No communication ATM, neither directly nor through their website or FB page. And I dont think this could deeply impact the grids support, its supposed to be for pleasure only…
Peter Auto have an online press conference, from memory on Monday afternoon.
Old 27 Aug 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3998368)   #806
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dura lex sed lex. Taaa !
Old 28 Aug 2020, 06:52 (Ref:3998443)   #807
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
PA events are International Series, different to FIA Masters Championships. The FIA has communicated that these are cancelled but they have every right to run as national races, which they will probably do for Zandvoort and Spa.
Old 28 Aug 2020, 08:22 (Ref:3998457)   #808
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Given the circumstances we must be happy to be able to race do we?
Old 28 Aug 2020, 15:51 (Ref:3998523)   #809
Peter J Horsman
Rookie

Peter J Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like the MSUK have 'clarified' their quarantine exemption rules such that they are significantly less helpful to historic racers......... Odd, since I understand that the Masters' original email wording was approved by the MSUK.
Old 28 Aug 2020, 17:26 (Ref:3998536)   #810
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
...p***-ups and breweries?
you couldn't make it up....
Old 28 Aug 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3998538)   #811
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So what's happened?
Old 28 Aug 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3998540)   #812
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Probably worked out that a gang of old farts messing with expensive old cars would be difficult to describe and justify as sportsman when the majority are banged up for fourteen days on return from most places in mainland Europe.
Old 28 Aug 2020, 18:32 (Ref:3998542)   #813
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here in the UK the MOD has declared that gatherings of more than 30 people is mortally dangerous, and we've had our events on their land near Andover cancelled.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Aug 2020, 21:06 (Ref:3998564)   #814
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Understood but what has changed, I havent seen any new info.
Old 28 Aug 2020, 22:03 (Ref:3998566)   #815
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We'd love to know too. This was the most rigidly "secure" place we go to, lord knows what's happened.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Aug 2020, 22:07 (Ref:3998568)   #816
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The government placed a limit of gatherings at 30 people for outdoor locations that are not covid-secure from the 4th July.

I expect that the MoD have interpreted that legislation as being applicable to events on their land, rather than introducing covid security for non-operational requirements.

The same limit on numbers is applicable to military ceremonial and social events.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 00:52 (Ref:3998577)   #817
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The government placed a limit of gatherings at 30 people for outdoor locations that are not covid-secure from the 4th July.

I expect that the MoD have interpreted that legislation as being applicable to events on their land, rather than introducing covid security for non-operational requirements.

The same limit on numbers is applicable to military ceremonial and social events.
That doesn't add up. I did the Abingdon Sprint on a still-used MOD airfield and base a couple of weeks ago, no spectators but approaching 200 drivers and crew present. All worked well under new rules.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 06:45 (Ref:3998595)   #818
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
That doesn't add up. I did the Abingdon Sprint on a still-used MOD airfield and base a couple of weeks ago, no spectators but approaching 200 drivers and crew present. All worked well under new rules.
Local commanders can introduce covid-secure measures if they wish. It just won't be done by the central body that manages MoD land.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3998596)   #819
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Presumably the 30-person ruling has been brought in primarily to use against Extinction Rebellion, BLM & any other anarchist organisations planning on disrupting things in the coming days?
Old 29 Aug 2020, 07:30 (Ref:3998598)   #820
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Presumably the 30-person ruling has been brought in primarily to use against Extinction Rebellion, BLM & any other anarchist organisations planning on disrupting things in the coming days?
It was brought in on the 4th July.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 08:15 (Ref:3998605)   #821
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I still can't find anything from the MS UK that changes the e mail from MRL and Masters.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3998620)   #822
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Understand Masters Zandvoort cancelled?
Old 29 Aug 2020, 10:01 (Ref:3998623)   #823
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
PA events are International Series, different to FIA Masters Championships. The FIA has communicated that these are cancelled but they have every right to run as national races, which they will probably do for Zandvoort and Spa.
Understood but would the entrants want to continue if the championship is downgraded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Understand Masters Zandvoort cancelled?
This may answer my above question. Again though I've had no messages about this although I know JR would be better informed on these things.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3998631)   #824
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John you certainly heard our Prez' talking about trying to avoid a new lock down at any price? I hope this won't affect historic national races here, and guess very few will mind whether it counts for a championship or not. We want to race and the rest… We are playing for a chocolate medal!
Old 29 Aug 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3998633)   #825
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
John you certainly heard our Prez' talking about trying to avoid a new lock down at any price? I hope this won't affect historic national races here, and guess very few will mind whether it counts for a championship or not. We want to race and the rest… We are playing for a chocolate medal!
I didn't hear him woffling through a muzzle but I read some of what he said - all seems very stupid since no-one is dying & the last lockdown obviously worked so well!!