Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 22 Apr 2000, 07:29 (Ref:5356)   #26
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I hope you have a chute attached to that Dictionary.

Just checking.

Old 23 Apr 2000, 16:46 (Ref:5358)   #27
Franklin
Racer

Franklin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash Test,

You're asking a lot of questions looking for answers about things that just aren't there.

The basics of this concept are not that complicated. The car goes off the track. The driver realizes the car is not going to recover (professional drivers usually figure that out before the tires touch the grass). The driver pushes a button on the steering yoke to release the chute.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 06:12 (Ref:5359)   #28
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know you dont like to answer questions which make your ideas look silly, but please answer these, you will get a bit of credibility around here if you do:

1. What happens when the car is in a spin?

2.What happens to close following cars?

3. What if it goes of by accident? Remember accidents happen, and so do component failures. That's what kills off airbags in racing cars.

4. If the driver does have time to hit the button, if the car has one second until impact, how long will it take to open and be effective? Would the effectiveness of it be of major use?

5. Do the drivers have enough time to know what is wrong and hit the button? I keep thinking of Fontana accident at Long Beach. He had no time to do anything, it was that quick. Have a look at it yourself.

6. Name some accidents where it would have a significant hand in helping out. I would pay brake failures where the driver goes straight down the escape road, it probably would have helped Clay Raggazoni, but there wouldn't be too many of them in the greater scheme of things.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 14:13 (Ref:5360)   #29
Franklin
Racer

Drag chutes aren't airbags. THEY DON'T "go off." They're released not fired because THEY DON'T USE PYROTECHNICS.

Drag racers going 50 to 100 mph faster than Champ cars can figure out they're in trouble quick enough for releasing their drag chute to be helpful, so presumably the "world class" drivers in CART would have similary quick responses.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 23:09 (Ref:5361)   #30
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I DONT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, YOU ARE NOT PROVING ANYTHING!!! GO ON, JUST DO IT, I'M SURE YOU'RE A SMART BOY, SO GO ON USE IT!!! I THINK I AM GOING TO PUNCH A BRICK WALL IF YOU CONTINUE ON LIKE THIS, EEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!! REMEMBER THAT WORD CREDIBILITY, RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NONE, ZIPPO, NOTHING, GO ON, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE SOME!! I RETYPED ON OF THE QUESTIONS SO YOU COULD UNDERSTAND IT BETTER!!! CLEAR??

1. What happens when the car is in a spin?

2.What happens to close following cars?

3. If the driver does have time to hit the button, if the car has one second until impact, how long will it take to open and be effective? Would the effectiveness of it be of major use?

4. Do the drivers have enough time to know what is wrong and hit the button? I keep thinking of Fontana accident at Long Beach. He had no time to do anything, it was that quick. Have a look at it yourself.

5. Name some accidents where it would have a significant hand in helping out. I would pay brake failures where the driver goes straight down the escape road, it probably would have helped Clay Raggazoni, but there wouldn't be too many of them in the greater scheme of things.

6. Now lets jsut presume it is a button on the steering wheel. What if it gets hit by accident in a pit stop? You are out of the race. That probably wouldn't be a major problem, but could be a problem. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK FRANKLIN. IN a 5 second drag pass, there are only a limited opportunity for things to go wrong, but a 3.5 hour cart race is very different.

PLEASE ANSWER ALL 6. WE WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER IF YOU DO. I WAIT IN HOPE FOR YOUR REPLY.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 14:11 (Ref:5362)   #31
enzo
Racer

enzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give it up, Crash ! He has no intention of answering anything in a concise, lucid manner !
Old 25 Apr 2000, 15:29 (Ref:5363)   #32
Franklin
Racer

Crash Test,

You've heard of switch guards haven't you? You know those little fences they put around switches to prevent people from accidentally hitting them?

And since I've been consistently NOT talking about using drag chutes on the track itself, an astute person might get by implication that I think OFF THE TRACK is where a drag chute would be of most benefit.

But when a person with no firsthand experience or no apparent familiarity of any sort with drag chutes unilaterally declares a drag chute would not have been of benefit in the Greg Moore crash, one wonders whether that person is really interested in answers.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 22:13 (Ref:5364)   #33
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Thats super Smiley

So Franklins chute would corrected Greg Moores spin and he would have hit head on.

Eh I've had enough of this ****, good night.

I may not inventer of the drag chute, but i am not stark raving ****ing stupid, and neither are the other people on this BB. Why get someone else to fight for you. You seem to be very much alone in the dessert without any friends on this one. And all this i know everything and i am always right on everything i post doesn't always make you friends, but that's sweet, go to Club Arse (hey where did the club arse link go to??) they'd love you there.
Old 26 Apr 2000, 01:49 (Ref:5365)   #34
Lizzerd
Rookie

Lizzerd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please just ignore Franklin. On a scale of 1 to 10, his integrity is about a -2 at best.
Old 26 Apr 2000, 02:38 (Ref:5366)   #35
Franklin
Racer

Weasels who hide behind goofy fake names like "Lizzerd" are in no position to comment on anybody's integrity.
Old 26 Apr 2000, 02:59 (Ref:5367)   #36
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
LOL

Don't make us luagh now Franklin....what sort of alias is that??